The Greatest TV Show of All Time

maqroll

Greatest TV Show Ever  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your #1 TV Show of All Time?

• The Wire
    • Breaking Bad
    • The Sopranos
    • Game of Thrones
    • Mad Men
    • Doctor Who (Contemporary)
    • Twin Peaks
    • Deadwood
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm
    • The Office (UK)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

My Addams Family wasn't a joke vote, I really love the show think it's genuinely funny and like the way they accept people for who they are and always stay positive despite how harshly people judge them. I just like the whole atmosphere of the show.

• Like 3

My Addams Family wasn't a joke vote, I really love the show think it's genuinely funny and like the way they accept people for who they are and always stay positive despite how harshly people judge them. I just like the whole atmosphere of the show.

It's certainly a classic.

• Like 1

From that poll list  "The Office" is the only one I've ever watched .. unless you count the 10 mins or so I watched of Game of Thrones before I switched it off  ,

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

From that poll list  "The Office" is the only one I've ever watched .. unless you count the 10 mins or so I watched of Game of Thrones before I switched it off  ,

Then words cannot describe how much you're missing out.

I'd say Top of the Pops was very influential for a long time. A lot of teenagers would have been waiting and watching and hoping their faves got a slot on the programme. It would have influenced your mood and started off your night out.

Similarly, a bit later on The Tube was very important and showed a very different attitude.

But I don't think I've got a TV programme I'd describe as 'greatest'. Maybe The Tube, it certainly had quite an influence on me, seeing the reaction of my parents when somebody dressed up with an ET mask pulled a girl from the audience, rode her like a pony for a little while and then shot her. I'm not sure they worked out she was part of the show for several days. But the upshot was that the show was banned in our house. It was eventually unbanned, only for Frankie Goes to Hollywood and their first raw versions of Relax to be championed on there every week. Oh, and teatime swearing. Revolutionary stuff.

Then words cannot describe how much you're missing out.

I've seen bits of most of the shows on the list.

I'm not sold on the HBO thing whatsoever. She's got 'Sopranos' & 'Wire', both bore me.

• Like 1

Â