The Greatest TV Show of All Time

maqroll

Greatest TV Show Ever  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your #1 TV Show of All Time?

• The Wire
    • Breaking Bad
    • The Sopranos
    • Game of Thrones
    • Mad Men
    • Doctor Who (Contemporary)
    • Twin Peaks
    • Deadwood
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm
    • The Office (UK)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

It is The Simpsons. I probably enjoyed West Wing and The Wire more but Simpsons tops them both. Looking at old episodes sometimes and even if you have watched it several times it still good. So many situations in real life were you can make a reference to an episode. Thought I was coming in here posting West Wing when I saw the thread title. A 4 page change of heart  :)

Edited by NoelVilla
  • Like 1

It is The Simpsons. I probably enjoyed West Wing and The Wire more but Simpsons tops them both. Looking at old episodes sometimes and even if you have watched it several times it still good. So many situations in real life were you can make a reference to an episode. Thought I was coming in here posting West Wing when I saw the thread title. A 4 page change of heart  :)

early Simpsons was and still is awesome but I think that the quality has dipped so badly that it all has to be taken into account when judging on greatest show ever

My Addams Family wasn't a joke vote, I really love the show think it's genuinely funny and like the way they accept people for who they are and always stay positive despite how harshly people judge them. I just like the whole atmosphere of the show.

It's certainly a classic.

2i92jhc.jpg

Before the word milf, there was the concept.

• Like 4

i dont think its underrated i just think that with that team and that cast its every bit as good as it should be

terrence winter - writer and producer of the sopranos, wrote wolf of wall street

tim van patten - director of the sopranos, game of thrones, deadwood, the wire, the pacific, rome

mark walhberg - obviously not acting in it but he seems to have good credentials as a producer

Howard Korder - pulitzer prize winning screenplay writer

its pretty much a dream team behind the camera and HBO throw money at it, i think they have a great mix of real characters and made up ones for the programme and the sets / costumes etc are all brilliant, after seeing him in the sopranos its great to see buscemi getting this kind of role rather than the quirky ones he was almost typecast in

the english actors are the only surprising thing for me, same as the wire, Stephen Graham is superb as capone 

I can't help but feel that it could have been the greatest show ever, and something about it always just leaves me disappointed a little, I don't know is it that so much time was dedicated to Margaret Schroeder, Jimmy Darmody, even people like Nucky's nephew who in the grand scheme of things just weren't that important. Had they stuck mainly to what actually happened I think it would have been a far better show.

personally i think its that nucky thompson is the main character but he's the least interesting, so they've invented story arcs to suit him, some work some dont, its a shame they've skipped so far ahead now, it should be like the untouchables TV show but they cant because that would leave nucky behind

early Simpsons was and still is awesome but I think that the quality has dipped so badly that it all has to be taken into account when judging on greatest show ever

It seemed to lose its wit about 15 years ago and so has been pretty ordinary for longer than it was brilliant. I don't understand how a lot of it gets through quality control - it must surely just be about money nowadays, which is a bit sad.

From that poll list "The Office" is the only one I've ever watched .. unless you count the 10 mins or so I watched of Game of Thrones before I switched it off ,

Then words cannot describe how much you're missing out.

Do you know what, I did the same. Me and the OH sat down to watch the first episode mainly because of all the hype for about half an hour then turned it off... It must get better I'm sure. I was just really bored.

That was kinda my take

Figured it was TV for grown men that played Dungeons and dragons or something

South Park, it evolved from a childish cartoon to one of best satirical shows on TV. Also the fact they write a lot of jokes the week before airing means its even more impressive

The first ever South Park involved Jesus and Santa fighting over who owned Christmas and resulted

In Cartman calling Jesus a pig ****

Had me hooked :)

The (UK) Office is my vote.

I was also fully consumed by Lost at one stage but it just dragged on a bit too long (and the ending was a let down).

Lost put me off ever getting into a long running tv series. It should have been wrapped 3 series before It was or they should have cut the episodes down. It got incredibly shit after 4 and towards the end I was reading the episode reviews before I bothered to watch them.

The walking dead was heading the same way, too many "filler" episodes but it has picked up again

The (UK) Office is my vote.

I was also fully consumed by Lost at one stage but it just dragged on a bit too long (and the ending was a let down).

Lost put me off ever getting into a long running tv series. It should have been wrapped 3 series before It was or they should have cut the episodes down. It got incredibly shit after 4 and towards the end I was reading the episode reviews before I bothered to watch them.

Yep Lost (and heroes) put me off long series'

I think the only other long running series ive watched to the end was scrubs & Frasier, both brilliant in my book

I did try watching house, and after 4 episodes you quickly realise the scripts are 95% the same. So repetitive I ended up getting angry watching it.

Game of thrones, doesn't interest me in the slightest

Breaking bad, i heard Tha much about it it was pointless watching it

i dont think its underrated i just think that with that team and that cast its every bit as good as it should be

terrence winter - writer and producer of the sopranos, wrote wolf of wall street

tim van patten - director of the sopranos, game of thrones, deadwood, the wire, the pacific, rome

mark walhberg - obviously not acting in it but he seems to have good credentials as a producer

Howard Korder - pulitzer prize winning screenplay writer

its pretty much a dream team behind the camera and HBO throw money at it, i think they have a great mix of real characters and made up ones for the programme and the sets / costumes etc are all brilliant, after seeing him in the sopranos its great to see buscemi getting this kind of role rather than the quirky ones he was almost typecast in

the english actors are the only surprising thing for me, same as the wire, Stephen Graham is superb as capone 

I can't help but feel that it could have been the greatest show ever, and something about it always just leaves me disappointed a little, I don't know is it that so much time was dedicated to Margaret Schroeder, Jimmy Darmody, even people like Nucky's nephew who in the grand scheme of things just weren't that important. Had they stuck mainly to what actually happened I think it would have been a far better show.

I loved the first couple of series with Jimmy Dormody in the first couple of series. His story line was probably my favourite. 

Edited by dAVe80

It should have been Lost.

Breaking Bad is awesome but so far I probably prefer House of Cards.

But I'd have to give it to Arrested Development for the pure genius of the comedy.

Â