The Greatest TV Show of All Time

maqroll

Greatest TV Show Ever  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your #1 TV Show of All Time?

• The Wire
    • Breaking Bad
    • The Sopranos
    • Game of Thrones
    • Mad Men
    • Doctor Who (Contemporary)
    • Twin Peaks
    • Deadwood
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm
    • The Office (UK)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. I bet he's making millions per episode. 

I think it's one of those shows that starts off ok, and seemingly the more popular it becomes, the worse it gets. And by the time you're onto like season 10 you've got a cast being paid millions every episode, tens of millions of americans watching it, and most of the UK going "this is shite!" :D 

See also: Big Bang Theory

I liked Big Bang Theory. Sad when it ended. 

I’m a sucker for a long running, bang average, occasionally funny US sitcom. 

How I met your mother

Modern Family 

BBT

I like ‘em 

7 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

How I met your mother

Modern Family 

BBT

I like ‘em 

I hated how I met your mother, I just found it really boring, a bit like arrested development, but that's not half bad and is quite funny sometimes.

Modern family, never watched.

Big bang is alright to be because the characters are quite interesting.  Howard was annoying, but he grew into quite a cool guy. Bernadette was sweet, then turned into a dickhead and mellowed later on.  Sheldon was a really well written character and the actor was good playing him.  Raj was just a cool nerd, glad when he could speak in front of women.  Lenard was good because of what he had to put up with living with Sheldon and he got the girl.  Sheldon's girlfriend was ok, never really upset me, but her acting when the story was "touching" was too over the top with the upturned eye brows and the almost whispered "thenk yew".  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought the first couple of seasons of Lost were amazing.

Then it went rapidly downhill when it became obvious they had no idea where it was going and it was just ticking along. Whole epiosdes of filler (literally introducing entirely new characters and killing them off in the same episode!) were everywhere.

Once they decided it was ending and wrapped it up properly it got some quality back, but it's absolutely miles behind some of the other shows on this list

Couple of things massively annoyed me with Lost. 

1) They'd finish a great episode on an amazing cliffhanger. Next episode was about something else completely and made no reference to the previous week

2) Even when it finished there was loads of unanswered questions to all the weird shit that was going on

I'm glad I watched it but it left me feeling disappointed 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

How I met your mother

Modern Family 

BBT

I like ‘em 

Modern Family is ace.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

1) They'd finish a great episode on an amazing cliffhanger. Next episode was about something else completely and made no reference to the previous week

The very same thing usd to wind me up about X-Files. 

The Smoking Man/conspiracy stuff was often ace. You’d have a great episode of that, loads happening, cliffhanger ending, then the following week - nothing, no reference to previous events. 

They’d be abducted and impregnated by Aliens one week, then the next episode would be them twatting about finding a lizard boy in a Florida Circus or sommat. Madness. 

• Like 1

Too many to choose from for me. 

Auf Wiedersehen Pet Series 1 & 2 I enjoyed. I do like an old British Series. I remember when I was at University and I unearthed that the house they shot in series 2 was fairly local to Loughborough. 

The Shield was probably my favourite from the USA. I liked Oz too. 

I could happily watch episodes of The Sweeney. Happy with the simple stuff. I enjoy seeing all of the old cars in shows like The Sweeney. 

• Like 1

I think for me it's first and foremost Seinfeld and Columbo. Two exceptional shows that I can and do watch most weeks and both elicit an animated response even after multiple viewings.

In The Contest and The Marine Biologist you have perhaps the funniest scripts of any show ever. 

With Columbo you have intricate tales of a rumpled old man taking down usually the middle and upper classes in his own quiet manner. Perfect. 

A recent addition was the sublime After Life. Took Mt breath away. 

Also love This Is England Series, Hi de Hi and Goodnight Sweetheart. 

• Like 1

M*A*S*H

All in the Family

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Arrested Development

Weeds

Someone earlier mentioned Dead to Me.   I watched the first episode and thought it was great also.   i'm trying to convince my wife to watch with me.

On 05/06/2019 at 15:17, lapal_fan said:

I hated how I met your mother, I just found it really boring

Same. It's one I still can't get my head around, how it had the following that it did. 

Rules of Engagement, King of Queens didn't have anywhere near the viewership I don't think, and nothing we're far better. 

Â