The Greatest TV Show of All Time

maqroll

Greatest TV Show Ever  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your #1 TV Show of All Time?

• The Wire
    • Breaking Bad
    • The Sopranos
    • Game of Thrones
    • Mad Men
    • Doctor Who (Contemporary)
    • Twin Peaks
    • Deadwood
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm
    • The Office (UK)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

From the list, definitely the Wire.

Though there was an episode of a local tv news bulletin which was quite good, some years ago now. There was stuff about trams, and a man had been found guilty of doing a bad thing in court, and there was controversy about a school lollipop person, and then something else about a cat and they finished it off with a cheery weather forecast. Awesome. oh and there was even a photos sent in by a viewer. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

oh, do they? right enough then.

• Like 1

Though there was an episode of a local tv news bulletin which was quite good, some years ago now. There was stuff about trams, and a man had been found guilty of doing a bad thing in court, and there was controversy about a school lollipop person, and then something else about a cat and they finished it off with a cheery weather forecast. Awesome. oh and there was even a photos sent in by a viewer. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

oh, do they? right enough then.

I'm waiting for the box set to come out. 

• Like 1

You're all wrong.

The best show on TV, ever, was obviously All About Me, starring the amazing Jasper carrott playing a Brummie small heath fan married to an Asian with a wheelchair-bound kid.

Ticks all the PC boxes!

• Like 3

You're all wrong.

The best show on TV, ever, was obviously All About Me, starring the amazing Jasper carrott playing a Brummie small heath fan married to an Asian with a wheelchair-bound kid.

Ticks all the PC boxes!

Yep you've got race covered with the Asian woman, and special needs covered with the small heath fan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 years later...

Twin Peaks The Return is by far and away the best show I've ever seen, so much so that it's pretty much killed television for me as nothing else comes close. Although as some say, it's almost like an eighteen hour movie, rather than a TV series so maybe it's unfair to compare. Also surprised that Mad Men doesn't have a single vote in the poll above.

• Like 2

It depends. There is TV you watch because it is on, and there is TV in which you would run all the red lights and drive through the garage door so you don't miss a minute of it. Streaming now prevents that from happening nowdydays.

For me, my favourites are Inbetweeners, Russell Howard, and Attack On Titan.

Game of Thrones wins! 🙂

For years and years it is "The first 48" for me.

I think we are on season 16 or 17 now and I have seen every episode.

It's from the initial crime,  investigation and 99% of the time they will get who did it and you will find out the sentence.  Usually on this programme it's capital murder.

Maybe I am the only person on here who watches it  ☺️ but this is better than any script driven show IMO.

In some cases it's your favourite as opposed to the "best", although a lot of my favourites are in the list.

Mine would be, in no specific order...

Vikings

The Wire

Ray Donovan

The Shield

Rescue Me

Dexter

House

Game Of Thrones

Californication

Black Sails

Sons of Anarchy

• Like 1

Hancock's Half Hour. Still funny and relevant to today's world.

The London 2012 Opening Ceremony. I fully expected our Olympics to be an embarrassing shambles. I was wrong. The show blew me away and is one of those shows that will always be in my memory. 

Villa European Cup win. I was only 11 but I remember every kick. Sitting on the floor in front of a TV that was tiny by today's standards. 

House. Not everyone's cup other tea. But it's unusual for an American comedy to use sarcasm athe it's core. 

Fawlty Towers.  You started it. 

Operation Good Guys. A lesser known improvised Police comedy. 

The Clangers. It still reminds me of childhood. 

The World At War. This should be on the curriculum for every schoolchild. Lawrence Olivier's commentary is just stunning. 

Deep Space 9 - the dominion wars. I hate 90% of Star Trek but these episodes were fabulous.

Morecombe & Wise Christmas Shows. So many classic moments and so many memories. 

• Like 2

Â