The Greatest TV Show of All Time

maqroll

Greatest TV Show Ever  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your #1 TV Show of All Time?

• The Wire
    • Breaking Bad
    • The Sopranos
    • Game of Thrones
    • Mad Men
    • Doctor Who (Contemporary)
    • Twin Peaks
    • Deadwood
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm
    • The Office (UK)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

From that poll list  "The Office" is the only one I've ever watched .. unless you count the 10 mins or so I watched of Game of Thrones before I switched it off  ,

Then words cannot describe how much you're missing out.

I've seen bits of most of the shows on the list.

I'm not sold on the HBO thing whatsoever. She's got 'Sopranos' & 'Wire', both bore me.

You're broken.

From that poll list  "The Office" is the only one I've ever watched .. unless you count the 10 mins or so I watched of Game of Thrones before I switched it off  ,

Then words cannot describe how much you're missing out.

Do you know what, I did the same. Me and the OH sat down to watch the first episode mainly because of all the hype for about half an hour then turned it off... It must get better I'm sure. I was just really bored.

I've seen 4 off that list.

Breaking Bad was very good

Dr Who is a children's / family programme so can't really be judged in the same way

Curb Your Enthusiasm was very good

The Office was very clever

The others I haven't seen other than snippets, I will eventually have a proper look at Sopranos, but no rush.

I suspect that the ultimate test is viewing figures, and something like Coronation Street or Eastenders would win that, I'd guess.

I suspect that the ultimate test is viewing figures

Absolutely not.

So what is the test? If it isn't a measurable metric like viewing figures or sales figures, is it down to individual's taste? 

I suspect that the ultimate test is viewing figures

Absolutely not.

So what is the test? If it isn't a measurable metric like viewing figures or sales figures, is it down to individual's taste? 

Yeah basically. That's why this is a poll and not a list of the highest ratest shows of all time.

Just like the other threads on best album/group/film etc. These would all just be lists if ratings or sales were the only thing to go by.

Boardwalk Empire deserves a mention too. And if Peaky Blinders continues to get better it'll be up there as well.

Boardwalk Empire is very under rated. Love that show so much! Peaky Blinders loses points for some of the awful accents.  

i dont think its underrated i just think that with that team and that cast its every bit as good as it should be

terrence winter - writer and producer of the sopranos, wrote wolf of wall street

tim van patten - director of the sopranos, game of thrones, deadwood, the wire, the pacific, rome

mark walhberg - obviously not acting in it but he seems to have good credentials as a producer

Howard Korder - pulitzer prize winning screenplay writer

its pretty much a dream team behind the camera and HBO throw money at it, i think they have a great mix of real characters and made up ones for the programme and the sets / costumes etc are all brilliant, after seeing him in the sopranos its great to see buscemi getting this kind of role rather than the quirky ones he was almost typecast in

the english actors are the only surprising thing for me, same as the wire, Stephen Graham is superb as capone 

Â