Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Its funny how we have good records away at Arsenal and Liverpool but at home we get turned over every time. Break that mold. 1998 was too long ago since we last won this fixture, i used to watch WWF back then for McGraths sake.

I started watching it in 1998, and still watch it. If I stop watching it will we win?

I think it was when they set up the PL, the FA thought it might make people not go to live games if they were all televised so the government restricted it. Doesn't seem to hurt Sunday attendances but I can't see them changing it.

I think it was more a case of them being worried attendances in the lower leagues would suffer

• Like 1

Baker played well last week and headed away a lot of crosses into the box, Arsenal will be a whole different ball game as he will be up against technically better players, especially in Sanchez, Ozil and Wilshere. Hope he can stay on his feet and not make rash challenges. Going to be a difficult game, would love for us to win this game, i'd take a scrappy 1-0 win all day everyday

That muppet has given me a total of 1... yes ONE point on my dream team. About as effective as a dead horse on derby day.

Wilshere... in the words of my work colleague is "dog shit." Over hyped nonsense.

This should be easier than Liverpool.

Still looking for legit sources of coverage if anyone knows of any? By the looks of it it's live on Arsenal Player... but I'm not 100% on it being full video coverage, rather than just a lame graphic. If anyone can point me in the direction of legit, HD quality TV footage I'd appreciate it. I'm guessing AVTV won't be showing it live.

There is no legit viewing of 3pm kick offs in this country. Never has been.
It's illegal to show any 3pm Saturday PL kick off in the UK. I think it was when they set up the PL, the FA thought it might make people not go to live games if they were all televised so the government restricted it. Doesn't seem to hurt Sunday attendances but I can't see them changing it.

It's not illegal or the government, just a Premier League rule. But you're right about the reason.

Baker played well last week and headed away a lot of crosses into the box, Arsenal will be a whole different ball game as he will be up against technically better players, especially in Sanchez, Ozil and Wilshere. Hope he can stay on his feet and not make rash challenges. Going to be a difficult game, would love for us to win this game, i'd take a scrappy 1-0 win all day everyday

That muppet has given me a total of 1... yes ONE point on my dream team. About as effective as a dead horse on derby day.

Wilshere... in the words of my work colleague is "dog shit." Over hyped nonsense.

This should be easier than Liverpool.

Still looking for legit sources of coverage if anyone knows of any? By the looks of it it's live on Arsenal Player... but I'm not 100% on it being full video coverage, rather than just a lame graphic. If anyone can point me in the direction of legit, HD quality TV footage I'd appreciate it. I'm guessing AVTV won't be showing it live.

There is no legit viewing of 3pm kick offs in this country. Never has been.
It's illegal to show any 3pm Saturday PL kick off in the UK. I think it was when they set up the PL, the FA thought it might make people not go to live games if they were all televised so the government restricted it. Doesn't seem to hurt Sunday attendances but I can't see them changing it.
It's not illegal or the government, just a Premier League rule. But you're right about the reason.

Ah, I thought it was illegal, vaguely remember a pub landlord being fined, etc. But I stand corrected :)

I don't see Arsenal picking themselves up that quickly. Yes, they got beat by Dortmund, but it was the manner in which they were beaten that probably worries Wneger. They were truly dreadful.

Its ours to lose IMO.....so I'll say 2-0 to Villa.

The major thing I worry about is the triangles, deft touches and 1-2s on the edge of our box. The big lads at the back can handle anything high but are a bit flat footed with runners into the box. Still ours to lose at the moment though. 1-1 I say.

There is a lot of positivity right now but Arsenal are a class team. The pressure will be right on them and thankfully a bit less on us after our good start.

I wouldn't be heartbroken if we lost as long as we play well again, but it would be absolutely fantastic if we got another 3 points today - I don't think I'll know what to do with myself!

Let's enjoy QPR getting stuffed in the mean time and hopefully sending 'Arry's face another couple of inches closer to his neck.

UTV!

I can't see how we will score apart from set plays. Arsenal have defensive problems and organisation issues, get Gabby/Zog/Grealish running at them, they won't like it.

I agree, get people running at them and get some balls in from the flanks. If we can get them facing their own goal they will have problems. I don't think they'll like our pressure either, so hopefully with their confidence low there will be mistakes made.

Just don't concede early, the longer it goes the twitchier they will get I reckon!