Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Before the Liverpool game I would have said we'd be more likely to find a chink in Arsenal's armour, than L'plop's. But we managed to pull off a great performance and result there. I think the difference this year is we've deserved all of our results, not saying we didn't deserve them all last season, but we did manage some wins without a 'performance' as such. 

Anyway, I would love us to win this, it would be amazing. My head is saying loss though, but they're by no means unbeatable these days. A draw or a win and I would be very pleased. 

Baker played well last week and headed away a lot of crosses into the box, Arsenal will be a whole different ball game as he will be up against technically better players, especially in Sanchez, Ozil and Wilshere.  Hope he can stay on his feet and not make rash challenges.  Going to be a difficult game, would love for us to win this game, i'd take a scrappy 1-0 win all day everyday

Baker played well last week and headed away a lot of crosses into the box, Arsenal will be a whole different ball game as he will be up against technically better players, especially in Sanchez, Ozil and Wilshere. Hope he can stay on his feet and not make rash challenges. Going to be a difficult game, would love for us to win this game, i'd take a scrappy 1-0 win all day everyday

Özil has been terrible for such a long time now and Sanchez was very poor midweek too. If they bring their A game then fair enough, they've the ability to crush us but as with all Arsenal sides this decade, how often do they actually bring that?

Liverpool had Coutinho, Lallana, Balotelli and Sterling to throw at us and it made no difference.

I'm quietly confident we will come away with something. At the same time Ramsey hasn't really shown up yet and wouldn't be surprised to see him do for us.

Will be a good game I think. Interesting. Gabby will cause problems.

Baker played well last week and headed away a lot of crosses into the box, Arsenal will be a whole different ball game as he will be up against technically better players, especially in Sanchez, Ozil and Wilshere. Hope he can stay on his feet and not make rash challenges. Going to be a difficult game, would love for us to win this game, i'd take a scrappy 1-0 win all day everyday

Özil has been terrible for such a long time now and Sanchez was very poor midweek too. If they bring their A game then fair enough, they've the ability to crush us but as with all Arsenal sides this decade, how often do they actually bring that?

Liverpool had Coutinho, Lallana, Balotelli and Sterling to throw at us and it made no difference.

I'm quietly confident we will come away with something. At the same time Ramsey hasn't really shown up yet and wouldn't be surprised to see him do for us.

Will be a good game I think. Interesting. Gabby will cause problems.

good point, just hope Baker provides another MOTM performance, as someone said earlier, if we get 3 points here then we can just give it a right old go at City and Chelsea

I think he's better than Arteta but he was found out a little bit against the better sides last season I think...Arsenal fans don't rate him on their forums.

Their big losses against top 4 clubs last season came when Flamini was out and Arteta was in.

He played in the 6-3 defeat at Man City and the 3-0 defeat at Everton

Anyway my point is that neither Arteta or Flamini are anything to worry about and that we had more to worry about Gerrard last saturday and we dealt with him ok.

Edited by PaulC

I hope we use at least one creative player in midfield either from the start or from the bench (early enough to make an impact).

Arsenal will always give us plenty of time on the ball and I would rather not watch a game of us just hoofing possession straight back to them for 90 minutes. Although most of the game vs Plop that worked.

If anyone is deliberating over going tomorrow but have the time and money to make it I urge you to do so.

Let's remind everyone including the players of just how big a club we are with the right sprinkle of motivation

Take a bow son...

Time to get Villa Park vibrating again and bring back the good times.

Gooo on then... Goooo on then.... Yessssss... get in there, Look at me tan!  :D

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 3

If anyone is deliberating over going tomorrow but have the time and money to make it I urge you to do so.

Let's remind everyone including the players of just how big a club we are with the right sprinkle of motivation

I didnt buy the ticket as I am broke after a long holiday, but this post made me think that this is Villa we are talking about.

Called the office, 15 quid student bargain. Upper Holte here I come!

UP THE VILLA!

• Like 2

I would like to see...

---------------------------Guzan-----------------------------

-------------Senderos-------------Baker-------------------

--Hutton--------------------------------------Cissokho----

----------------Westwood-----Delph-----------------------

-Gabby-----------------------------------------Grealish---

---------------------------Cleverley-------------------------

---------------------------Wiemann-------------------------

Or...

---------------------------Guzan--------------------------