Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Would anyone else be tempted to start Jack for this one? Arsenal's midfield aren't exactly Hull.

What are the reasons you would want to change a winning team?
You don't play the same team twice in a row. Tactics is everything these days.

Arsenal will look to play exactly how Liverpool did last weekend. So the tactics should be the same from us, IMO of course. After about 40 minutes we just sat back against Liverpool partly because we knew we could soak it up, we already had the game won. I'd be happy to watch that again and win again.

Think it will be tight, but ultimately I think we will lose 2-1.

Vlaar ruled out.

Bugger.

Any news on how long he might be? He was 50/50 last week, so still being out a week later suggests that he's either had a set back or it's more than originally thought (or we didn't want Liverpool to know he was out as they'd plan to exploit a weaker defence, which Arsenal now know is actually quite solid).

Vlaar ruled out.

Bugger.

Any news on how long he might be? He was 50/50 last week, so still being out a week later suggests that he's either had a set back or it's more than originally thought (or we didn't want Liverpool to know he was out as they'd plan to exploit a weaker defence, which Arsenal now know is actually quite solid).

This is a worry. Can Baker pull off two great performances in a row?

Damn Vlaar is out :(

If Flamini is out I think we can get a draw. Otherwise, 3-0 to Arsenal, Wellbeck hat-trick.

Why? I don't think Flamini is very good myself. That's quite a swing.

With Flamini they have someone who can break up play and give the centre backs cover when the fullbacks push on. Without him they don't have that type of player and can be overrun quite easily on the counter.

Watching Arsenal against Man City, they were playing quite well and looked quite solid in midfield. Against Dortmund without him playing they were truly awful. 

I rate Flamini though, I think he does a really good job which goes unnoticed a lot of the time.  They're a much better team with him playing than without. 

Vlaar ruled out.

Bugger.

Vlaar was obviously in difficulties at the Hull match but it was hushed up. Nobody has come in for him, probably because he has a bad injury record. Great bloke but sustains injuries on a regular basis. Edited by George Curtis

wouldn't want to call it... we can win and just as easily lose.

If we get the tactics right like we did against Liverpool, then we can win.

If we allow Arsenal to get their expansive game rolling we could be in trouble......another disciplined approach from us....keeping our shape and we will frustrate them.

We can't start going gung ho to entertain the fans....not yet anyway, plenty of time in the season for that.

we should be a tight as a ducks arse.

Damn Vlaar is out :(

If Flamini is out I think we can get a draw. Otherwise, 3-0 to Arsenal, Wellbeck hat-trick.

Why? I don't think Flamini is very good myself. That's quite a swing.

With Flamini they have someone who can break up play and give the centre backs cover when the fullbacks push on. Without him they don't have that type of player and can be overrun quite easily on the counter.

Watching Arsenal against Man City, they were playing quite well and looked quite solid in midfield. Against Dortmund without him playing they were truly awful. 

I rate Flamini though, I think he does a really good job which goes unnoticed a lot of the time.  They're a much better team with him playing than without. 

I think he's better than Arteta but he was found out a little bit against the better sides last season I think...Arsenal fans don't rate him on their forums.

Vlaar ruled out.

Bugger.

Dunno if you ever use this website :-

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Has him to return on the 27th September, not sure how accurate this site is now...I never really followed it before apart from to use for picking teams in fantasy league lol.

keeper.png
Guzan
home.png
Hutton
home.png
Senderboss
home.png
Baker
home.png
Cissokho
home.png
Westwood
home.png
Cleverley
home.png
Delph
home.png
Weimann
home.png
Agbonlahor
home.png
Richardson

I think if we play with the same high concentration and intensity that we did against Liverpool, we will win 3-0 :flag:

I think he's better than Arteta but he was found out a little bit against the better sides last season I think...Arsenal fans don't rate him on their forums.

Their big losses against top 4 clubs last season came when Flamini was out and Arteta was in.