Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

1 minute ago, 007√ said:

Far from diabolical, Lukaku was diabolical. Origi when he came on did more then Benteke in that entire game.

Answer the question. Did you watch Benteke for us? Your posts stink of somebody who only saw him for Liverpool.

Best game of the tournament so far. I love the passion the Italian players show, they're going far in this tournament.

Origi was terrible when he came on. And what's happened to De Bruyne?

• Like 1

Belgium look like England from around 2006...so much hype yet unbalanced in midfield and many of the players just playing for themselves.

Could they not go 3-5-2 at all, get two strikers up there, play De Bruyne behind two strikers at least.

3 minutes ago, bose said:

Best game of the tournament so far. I love the passion the Italian players show, they're going far in this tournament.

Origi was terrible when he came on. And what's happened to De Bruyne?

Yes De Bruyne was poor but he did lay on the three best chances of the game for Belgium.

Brilliant quote from Vialli.

'When you have so many creative players, its sometimes difficult to get the balance between freedom and discipline. With Belgium, its maybe to much freedom, not enough discipline'

The perfect way to describe Belgium i feel. 

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Belgium look like England from around 2006...so much hype yet unbalanced in midfield and many of the players just playing for themselves.

Could they not go 3-5-2 at all, get two strikers up there, play De Bruyne behind two strikers at least.

They don't have the right wide players for it, I don't think. Hazard, de Bruyne, Mertens, Carrassco aren't going to track back. 

I've watched every single minute of the tournament so far. 

Thank **** for that game tonight, space-time was starting to distort for me. At one point I thought I was a chicken. I shat myself thinking I had to lay an egg.

More of that please. Cheers Euro's!

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I've watched every single minute of the tournament so far. 

Thank **** for that game tonight, space-time was starting to distort for me. At one point I thought I was a chicken. I shat myself thinking I had to lay an egg.

More of that please. Cheers Euro's!

I hope you didn't fry it.

1 hour ago, 007√ said:

What does that make Benteke then :o. Trash?

edited for being too harsh. 

I have no idea how you can have come to that conclusion having watched Benteke play for us. Lacking confidence, massively. Not the finished article, sure. Trash? You've got to be kidding. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Brilliant game, delighted with the result. I don't know why, I always quite like it when Italy win. I just enjoy that obstinate, backs to the wall defending, 'thou shalt not pass' stuff. 

And Belgium are just annoying. 

Despite the 2-0 result, Wilmots was critical of Antonio Conte’s approach to the game.

“Italy specifically played on the counter-attack. They did not play real football and when faced with everyone sitting back, it becomes difficult.

“Now we must look ahead and focus on the next two games, as those are very important.”

Italy didn't play real football? . I suppose lumping the ball in to the box to Lukaku at every opportunity is what real football is. Wilmots sounds bitter and dumb.

8 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Italy didn't play real football? . I suppose lumping the ball in to the box to Lukaku at every opportunity is what real football is. Wilmots sounds bitter and dumb.

I lose respect these days for any manager who claims other teams don't play real football, or play football the wrong way, or should play the game differently.

Complete cop out.

**** off.

• Like 1

Italy proved once again that tactics can beat skills. Belgium have the better players, but they didn't have a strategy and lacked ideas to change the game. Bringing on more offensive players is not a strategy, it's just rolling the dice.

• Like 1

Â