Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Westwood definitely isn't better than Cleverley. That's mad.

They're both similar players, in an ideal world just one plays as both are busy, get around the pitch, tackle. I actually think Westwood can influence a game a little better.

To me Cleverley is another Sidwell, someone who's on the pitch but not really influencing the game in a huge way and just average in many ways.

Sidwell was a big drain on our finances and I want to get away from that sort of player. It's not like Cleverley's a huge game changer, he started all our six game losing run for instance.

They're both similar players, in an ideal world just one plays as both are busy, get around the pitch, tackle. I actually think Westwood can influence a game a little better.

Westwood tackles?

Edited by Isa

Been disappointing for mine. I thought he would be a lot more attacking. He is very similar to Westwood. Marginally better but no point spending 8 million to bring him if hes only marginally better. Hopefully we leave him at Man Utd and go sign an attacking midfielder in January.

Been disappointing for mine. I thought he would be a lot more attacking. He is very similar to Westwood. Marginally better but no point spending 8 million to bring him if hes only marginally better. Hopefully we leave him at Man Utd and go sign an attacking midfielder in January.

This

Don't know how, don't know why but for whatever reason I thought he was that attacking midfielder lambert had been moaning about, the reality is he does the same job as Westwood only in my mind Westwood is a better player

Yep, like others I thought he's be similar to Delph, breaking lines and going past the strikers to make space for himself and others.  Seems he's got decent technique though and that could be trained into him, but I thought he'd be much more dynamic.  The goal he put past us last year made me thing he'd be pretty good.  I recall he was playing well at Wigan as well.

I don't know why its so ridiculous to have Westwood as a better player, Cleverley is so average and while you could say the same for Westwood the only reason Cleverley has this inflated price and reputation is because of where hes from. Both are pretty bang average if were honest, neither really do anything in the defending or getting forward side of things but id rather keep the one we have than spend 8m on one we don't need.

I'm still trying to find out what Cleverley actually offers everytime i watch us tbh.

• Like 1

The style Villa plays we need both Westwood and Cleverly in the team backed up by a good DM. Cleverly was not brought in to be an attacking midfielder but to control the middle with Westwood. Our 2 wingers are our attacking mids.

The style Villa plays we need both Westwood and Cleverly in the team backed up by a good DM. Cleverly was not brought in to be an attacking midfielder but to control the middle with Westwood. Our 2 wingers are our attacking mids.

This is all well and good but we don't have one decent winger at the club.

• Like 1

This is all well and good but we don't have one decent winger at the club.

We havent had any since Downing and Young buggered off

Actually, yes he was.

"I want to be more advanced in that three and hit both boxes.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-tom-cleverley-ready-7911905

In the Mirror...

Aston Villa set to sign Manchester United loanee Tom Cleverley on permanent deal.

The midfielder moved to Villa Park in a loan move on deadline day and has been a regular fixture in Paul Lambert's side.

Aston Villa will tie up a £7.5million move to keep midfielder Tom Cleverley on their books when the January transfer window opens.

Boss Paul Lambert has been so impressed with the 25-year-old that he wants to activate an option in the deadline day loan deal Villa agreed with Manchester United to sign him.

Cleverley’s Old Trafford contract runs out in the summer, making him free now to talk to clubs abroad about his future.

Villa’s money men would ideally prefer to delay a deal until the summer in the hope of keeping the former England star, who has enjoyed his game under Lambert, on their books for free.

But his form has improved so much since getting regular games – the match with United was the first game he’s missed since signing – that Lambert doesn’t want to take the risk of losing him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-set-sign-manchester-4845067

Â