Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

With 6 months left on his contract it is certainly debatable as to whether or not he is worth the reported 7.5 mill.

What shouldn't be up for debate though is that he is a huge upgrade on the likes of Sylla and El Ahmadi, is a good age at 25 with plenty of top level experience under his belt, including champions league and international caps, and is still likely to improve.

For me he has done well so far for us and the more he has played, and gotten used to the lads around him, the better he has looked. I hope we sign him as he will be a very good addition.

• Like 2

Probably one of the few that will be pleased if we do make the deal permanent. I think he gives our midfield a lot of energy. 

I like him, he's a decent player.

And I actually think £7.5m or 8m is about right for him in the current market with the usual English mark up.

But, like I've said again and again, it's not worth it for AVFC. If our budget is as tight as we're led to believe, then that money should be spent elsewhere, imo, when we have a perfectly good alternative to Cleverley in Westwood.

Not signing Cleverley and signing a decent attacking midfielder would be a much better option.

To me (and most fans judging my the comments) he's not had any good games, he would become the most  expensive signing in this team at 8m and at that price tag you would expect him to be MOM most games. I can't recall him making a single great tackle, creating a single chance or scoring a single goal.

Lots of lovely 5yard sideways passes though, I'll give you that.

To me (and most fans judging my the comments) he's not had any good games, he would become the most  expensive signing in this team at 8m and at that price tag you would expect him to be MOM most games. I can't recall him making a single great tackle, creating a single chance or scoring a single goal.

You really need to learn about how CMs work, seriously. Or stop watching highlights videos on youtube. 

7.5 with 6 months left would mean his value is 15m minimum of he had four years left on his contract.

He is never a player worth that anything over 4 and your over paying and like others have said he is decent but no better than Westwood.

An attacking midfielder of the same value would benefit us far more.

You really need to learn about how CMs work, seriously. Or stop watching highlights videos on youtube. 

Youtube videos? Try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMYX_GlORbk

7.5 with 6 months left would mean his value is 15m minimum of he had four years left on his contract.

He is never a player worth that anything over 4 and your over paying and like others have said he is decent but no better than Westwood.

Basically, this means Westwood is valued at 20m.

• Like 1

To me (and most fans judging my the comments) he's not had any good games, he would become the most expensive signing in this team at 8m and at that price tag you would expect him to be MOM most games. I can't recall him making a single great tackle, creating a single chance or scoring a single goal.

Youtube videos? Try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMYX_GlORbk

Basically, this means Westwood is valued at 20m.

Yea but he isn't that's the point

I think he has done well, bags of energy, commitment, and intelligence. I fully expect him to add to the proffessionalism around the club and give 100% in training etc also.

I'm sure Bowery also offered professionalism, energy and commitment.

*Waits for wheelchair gif.

Edited by DK82

Â