Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

I think he has done well, bags of energy, commitment, and intelligence. I fully expect him to add to the proffessionalism around the club and give 100% in training etc also.

I'm sure Bowery also offered professionalism, energy and commitment.

*Waits for wheelchair gif.

Why'd you leave out intelligence mate? :)

I'd be gutted if we spent 7.5m on him.

He offers nothing. Absolutely nothing. If he disappeared into thin air tomorrow nobody would notice.

Seriously why is he a footballer? He's one of those nothing players where you can't actually pin down anything he does of note.

Could he do Sanchez job of breaking up play and picking up good positions to stop attacks ? No

Could he do Delphs job of driving forward with the ball, taking it past a couple of players and drawing free kicks? No

Could he do what Joe Cole did against Burnley and link up play threading the odd pass through? No

He has Zero influence on games and if we spend all that money on him and completely neglect the one position that has been setting us back for 3 years, then Lambert can piss off right now.

• Like 2

I think it's a done deal, they just hid it behind the loan because of missing the deadline. Like the rest of the team I think he will benefit from the team and Benteke gaining in confidence going forward. I'd like to see him playing as a poor-man's Lampard or Milner when he was with us, not playing deep and passing short.

Sign him up, he is a quality player and a good permanent addition to our midfield. Looks like its a done deal anyway. Mind you that will not stop sections of our supporters getting on his case just like they do with so many other players.

If he's our replacement for Delph I'll cry. We're looking at losing Delph for nothing then spending 7.5m on a woefully average player with 6 months left on his deal, when we already have a player who does his role far better than him. Use the money on an AM, play Westwood, Sanchez and the AM and our team looks so much better.

• Like 1

We're not paying for a player with 6 months on his contract. I think its pretty obvious w agreed the fee when he had 12 months left on his contract.

I believe he's an upgrade on Westwood. If we use some of the benteke money on a good attacking midfield player I think a trio of Sanchez, cleverley and a new signing would look good for next season.

• Like 1

We're not paying for a player with 6 months on his contract. I think its pretty obvious w agreed the fee when he had 12 months left on his contract.

I believe he's an upgrade on Westwood. If we use some of the benteke money on a good attacking midfield player I think a trio of Sanchez, cleverley and a new signing would look good for next season.

Who is Benteke off to then? Or is this "Benteke money" money that he has personally donated to the club to get more goal scoring chances?

Who is Benteke off to then? Or is this "Benteke money" money that he has personally donated to the club to get more goal scoring chances?

I think he's off to a top team for big money in the summer.

I think he's off to a top team for big money in the summer.

There was me hoping he was actually going to donate some money from his bumper pay deal to help fund that creative midfielder.

What has Cleverley done in a Villa shirt that gets anywhere near Westwood?

And yet we would have no one scoring goals.... 

• Like 1

I think Cleverley is adapting to the team and will probably be better next season however i'd rather not buy him for the price quoted. 

And yet we would have no one scoring goals.... 

What you talking about. Gabby is prolific!  :P

• Like 2

I don't rate Westwood very much.

But he's a much better footballer than Cleverly. Chris bloody Herd is on a par with Cleverley.

Sanchez and Westwood sitting could potentially do a similar job to Barry and Mcarthy at Everton. (Assuming we lose Delph)

There is a nice range of attributes between the two that could compliment each other.

Throw Cleverley on the scrap heap and put the 8m towards a number 10.

• Like 2

Cleverley doesn't have to be seen as a replacement for anyone does he. There needs to come a point where we are looking to improve the squad and give ourselves strong options. Last season we had Delph and Westwood and to back that up El Ahmadi, Sylla, Bacuna, Tonev. We now have Delph, Weswtood, Sanchez, Cleverley, Cole, Bacuna.

Over the course of a season you will get injuries and suspensions as we know better than most. It also helps to have better players in the squad as that competition for places should improve the already established players. When everyone is fit we have four very good centre midfielders in Delph, Westwood, Sanchez and Celverley who will be competing for 2 or 3 starting spots and all feel they are good enough to fill them. That can only be a good thing for us.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Â