Tom Fox

Cracker1234

Time will tell but on the face of it looks a good appointment.  Commercially we are shite. Needs a long term strategic view of that whoever owns the club and this is the kind of appointment that should have been made 6 years ago

• Like 3

A thought raised by another member on another forum: Will tickets get more expensive with him at the helm? arsenal's tickets are the most expensive in the whol league, IIRC, and ours are the second cheapest. Of course he'll have tom "sell" the club first, but then...?

A thought raised by another member on another forum: Will tickets get more expensive with him at the helm? arsenal's tickets are the most expensive in the whol league, IIRC, and ours are the second cheapest. Of course he'll have tom "sell" the club first, but then...?

Doubt it, he will assess the catchment area, employment rates etc before even touching ticket prices, plus he will know we do not sell out on a regular basis. At Arsenal there is a huge demand for tickets so easier to sell at high prices.

• Like 1

We know anything about this guys departure from arsenal , was it on good terms? If so this could be great way of getting our hands on some of arsenal's young talent that they are trying to loan out

I still can't get my head around why he'd come here just to help sell the club but at the same I haven't got much hope that he's been brought in by new owners. I wonder if he's to receive a percentage from the sale of the club? Although, I guess it won't be him actually brokering the deal.

Doubt it, he will assess the catchment area, employment rates etc before even touching ticket prices, plus he will know we do not sell out on a regular basis. At Arsenal there is a huge demand for tickets so easier to sell at high prices.

Yes, I would have thought basic supply and demand dictate that Arsenals tickets are very expensive but ours are cheaper. 

• Like 1

If he's coming to help sell the club is he not joining to try and speed the process in which his position will then come under review?  That doesn't make much sense to me.

Depends on timescales doesn't it not to mention any financial incentives on offer for doing so.

Anyway, its just my opinion time will tell.

• Like 1

If he's coming to help sell the club is he not joining to try and speed the process in which his position will then come under review?  That doesn't make much sense to me.

Depends on timescales doesn't it not to mention any financial incentives on offer for doing so.

Anyway, its just my opinion time will tell.

Yeah I guess we don't know what he's been offered or what his thinking is behind the move.  It just seems strange to leave a job at a huge club, where he is getting a lot of credit and is obviously well thought of, to join a club that is openly up for sale and could see him replaced within as little as 12 months.

• Like 1

Â