• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

1st time at stoke since 87/88.we were the better team overall.with sanchez and nzog fit(he's been out for a year).put benteke/kozak we'll be 11-14.were solid and were commited which keane i think has something to do with.whether we think a lot of the guy is irrelevant(what a goal by ernie hunt there on motd),the players seem to believe in him.how much of last season was down to those toerags who won't be mentioned i don't know.we seem a different proposition this season.utv.tosssing one off to motd and can't wait for fridays 50th celebration one.

baseball ground,alan hinton,tony currie,alan hudson,ray(the god)graydon,ian st john,billy bremner,clive woods,alan gowling etc.my youth relieved.

"we had joy we had fun we had united on the run but the joy did not last cause the baskets ran to fast".get in there.

Just thought I'd add that both Grealish and Bacuna did a good job adding energy as the game was closing. We often find it hard to close games out like we did today and although Bacuna did mess that shot up, his energy to get up into that position as well as Grealish being able to start the move, was vital.

• Like 4

Just reading some of the Stoke comments (their forum, like many others, is a disorganised mess, can I just say what an impressive fan site this is and thank you to the people running it)

There is a thread about how the ref was really soft on us and gave us all the 50/50 decisions our way and they got nothing which I find bizarre. And most are very humble and honest and said they just didn't want it enough. Others saying we were horrible and dirty from the off and scared their Strikers (?!) such mixed opinions on there its like several different games were watched and they are all just commenting on different matches

Just watched the match there now.  We were immense, everybody except Zog and Gabby to a lesser extent were brilliant.  worked our socks off and had a real solid defence to build from.  Great displays all round.  I've already fallen in love with the 4 baldies at the back but especially the 2 beasts at centre back. Please don't ruin it Ron...

I voted Ron MOTM. It was close between him and Cissohko. But I thought Ron marshaled well and a couple key blocks. Cissohko seemed, a couple time, confused about who to mark. Probably defensible playing with a new side, but just enough to get him edged out. Sender os and Hutton were solid. Gabby should have scored in first have, pretty horrible miss. But most of the time when gabby annoys me it's because he's not putting in the effort, Today he did that. He ran, he cut off passes, he tackled and challenged. Good to see.

Biggest complaint was the way we delayed. Not that we delayed, but the way.... Hutton's card was announced and coming for 15 minutes before it actually arrived. I agree that taking the card is fine, but better to kill the game without the card....pushing the time to the edge, but not past the edge of patience. Oh, and Gabby's card for delay was even more foolish. Delay yes, but delay smarter. In addition. When you delay smarter, (like knocking around safe possession) the referee doesn't add as much time.

Having said that, when my biggest complaint is the WAY we delayed, it's pretty clear there wasn't much to complain about.

• Like 1

Still really pleased with the win, it was my first thought when I woke up this morning and this post is the first thing I'm doing. But I'm pissed off that our winner during a really good performance came from an incredibly terrible first touch from a professional footballer. It was so bad from Weimann and it's not the first time I've seen him do it. Him and Gabby will be gone from the team when everyone is fit.

I'm really pleased with the win and (for the most part) the performance.

Terrible 1st 20mins or so but after that we settled very well and were solid in defence.

The midfield's balance seems wrong still but I'm confident that it will soon sort itself out however the forward line was a mess, get fit soon Benteke!!

Still rolling on a bit of a high :)

Voted Senderos as MOTM. Mainly as when we signed him, pretty much everyone was moaning and complaining, but he performed! Remember that, when he has a bad game in the future.

All in back 4 were great. Sokho brilliant.

Disappointed with : Guzan (looked iffy), Gabby (I've given up) and N'zog (running straight into nearest defender).

One word-solid. For the most of the game I wasn't worried every time the opposition had the ball, which makes a change. Everyone knew their role and did their job. Stoke were pretty average so lets not get too carried away. Other than the goal, we did not create that many chances either but the team has so much more experience now, they closed the game  out easily. Hutton MOTM- i did not think I would ever say that. So much better side not to have the likes of baker, bennett, luna or clark in it.

Need to follow this up with  a home win now- but yesterday's results show that playing away is probably easier than playing at home.