• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

A very enjoyable afternoon in Stoke - not often we can say that. And to top it off we bumped into a number of moaning ManUre fans at the services!

We had a shaky start to the game but second half especially we were comfortable. Thankfully Hughes kept Diouf on the pitch for 70 minutes as he was awful.

Credit to PL as I thought the tactics were spot on today.

Great stuff, just looked more composed and confident all round.  Not as convinced as everyone else on Cissokho, thought he did well but didn't get tested by anyone with pace and was out of position a couple of times, but given it was his first game in an unfamiliar team he did well.  Pleased with Senderos thought he looked the real deal, and now a tricky call when Okore is fit and well but I suspect he'll play all three?  I was most encouraged by Richardson, he did that great unsung job of getting up and down, breaking up play and doing the simple things, just the sort of player we need.  

"Thought their two full backs were awful but were helped out by their midfield. The left back is a donkey beyond belief. Vlaar was excellent and carried Senderos all game. 

We shout ourselves in the foot by our pedestrian play through midfield.

Think Villa will struggle all year to be fair, unless Benteke comes back all guns blazing"

Stoke fan

What game was he watching? :D

No we shouldn't get carried away by one performance. After all we had an even better result on the same day last year. 

Whilst I do agree with you, I am one of those getting carried away (Top 10 finish here we come!). The reason being, and why I am replying in particular, is because the two first games were completely different. We looked like a much more complete unit today (one that can go on without absolutely falling apart) than we did this time last year.

Great result. 

Big players to come in of course. Don't think many will go to The Brittania over the season and win so lets enjoy tonight. 

Brilliant debuts by Senderos and Cissokho. Thought the goal looked like the dangerous goal-happy Weimann of old, will be really big for us if Andi can keep that up. 

Pleased pleased pleased. 

We looked like a team today, and that's a change from last year! Cissokho surprised me by going forward so often (even did a great run in the eightieth minute), and was our best player. I fact all were good except N'Zogbia, who still can't pass the ball before he runs into a defender. Well, and Agbonlahor was just average.

Keep up the good work! 

Been reading that oatcake forum for a stoke perspective and my god they are bloody deluded.

Fair play the majority have congratulated us on the win but they seem to think they are the equivalent of Barcelona or Real Madrid these days, the chat before hand was about their amazing front line which consists of bojan who is still living off 5 year old hype, crouch who is fricking useless, Ireland who was permanently shit for us and is also living off 5 year old hype and diouf who has no previous prem experience.

They do have a solid team and can probably claim to be better than us these days but they seriously expected to just brush us aside, it's sad how poorly we are rated from the outside