Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

Jedi is also plural...

There were some rumours about the plot of this movie a while back, which I've no idea if they debunked, but if they were true it might be a throw your hands up and leave the cinema kind of story.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

han-solo-begins-tall.jpg

Han Solo – Smuggler. Scoundrel. Hero. A New Star Wars Story Begins

Strap yourself in. Principal photography on the untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story is under way.

Cameras are rolling on the adventure-filled past of the iconic scoundrel and everyone’s favorite Wookiee; principal photography on the untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story officially began February 20 at Pinewood Studios, London.

The movie will explore the duo’s adventures before the events of Star Wars: A New Hope, including their early encounters with that other card-playing rogue from a galaxy far, far away, Lando Calrissian.

Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are directors co-piloting the movie, with a cast that includes Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, Thandie Newton, and Phoebe Waller-Bridge, with Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca.

“Watching such inspired people from all over the world, with such unique voices, come together for the sole purpose of making art, is nothing short of miraculous,” Lord and Miller said. “We can’t think of anything funny to say, because we just feel really moved, and really lucky.”

Clicky

On 24/01/2017 at 01:39, LondonLax said:

They also need to take on board the lessons learned from episodes 1-7 and work on improving the security of their key shield generators/control rooms.  

Yes,  they really need to employ a decent risk manager to undertake some HAZOPS. I am amazed that despite their  unimaginably advanced technology they don't seem to have advanced the risk management profession at all. 

Always fail to spot the one critical weakness. . Considering the overall costs of the project I would think this would be quite a priority for them. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Teaser trailer for "The Last Jedi" screened to Disney investors and a few others.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39217611/star-wars-the-last-jedi-teaser-shown-to-a-lucky-few

The first teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi has been shown - to a very select few.

Disney screened footage from the upcoming movie at its fun-sounding shareholders meeting in Denver, US.

But it wasn't just Hollywood investors who were present at the event, there were journalists in the room too.

And Daniel Miller from the LA Times has told the BBC what was shown at the screening.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Unless there's some sort of comic con top secret no phone special on the go there should be a trailer for episode 8 at the Star Wars event in Orlando tomorrow, bout 5.30 our time I think

I heard it was going live on YouTube at 4pm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Unless there's some sort of comic con top secret no phone special on the go there should be a trailer for episode 8 at the Star Wars event in Orlando tomorrow, bout 5.30 our time I think

I'm there at the moment and might try and go.

My my missus is running a Disney 'Star Wars' 5k at Epcot next week too, which looks pretty cool. 

Ive just watched the leaked trailer for Battlefront II -  Playable Darth Maul and Yoda? Yes please! 

• Like 1

Â