Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

37 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

even for a cross-over scene walking into the Tatooine Cantina leading into Episode 4.

that would be awesome, the only thing would be that it puts a nail in the young han solo stuff, if they do a trilogy anyway and maybe throw in a couple more spin offs, assuming at some point they'll take a summer spot, its still probably 6/7 years away

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

and im throwing it out there cos based on what ive read in the books and seen in the various cartoon spin offs, the character who got the shortest shrift in the star wars films IMO...general grievous...he was bad ass with a good back story, lucas completely ruined him in episode 3, that said i think with the amount of stuff out there (not sure what survived the canon cull) i dont think they'll revisit the clone wars

I don't know what he's like in the books or the cartoons but General Grievous is one of the worst characters not just in the Star Wars universe but ANY universe. 

Fortunately I don't think they'd ever do a solo movie for him, but if they did the trailer would have to be something spectacular to make me watch that film. Everything about that part of Episode II, from Obi Wan riding a stupid giant lizard that makes the sound Sonic makes when he gets a gulp of air underwater to Grievous himself is **** terrible and the worst part of all the Star Wars films.

Not sure a film with Vader hunting down all the remaining Jedi would work as we all know how it ends and the bad guy wins. I suppose it has the scope to incorporate new characters and create a team of heroes, but they either all have to die with absolutely no gain for the greater good, or survive but then have to create some sort of understanding as to why even though they survived they did nothing to help fight the Empire through Episodes IV-VI. Can't see how it'd work.

Quite like the idea of Boba Fett fighting other bounty hunters for frozen Solo, but not sure it's enough to make an entire film about. I'd much rather see him post-Jango's death and where he goes, how he trains and how he ultimately becomes a bad-ass. Think there's a lot of scope for that to be a great film. If it did well, they could always go the route with the books and work him into Episode VIII or IX considering in the Extended Universe he survives falling into the Sarlacc.

Edited by Ginko

like i said lucas ruined him, he just outright doesnt make any sense in episode 3, he has some attempts at character traits but theres no explanation to any of them, he serves next to no purpose other than adding an extra toy to the merchandise, which if you'd watched the clone wars or read labyrinth of evil in the build up to the film was absolutely criminal

then again reading the build up books to episode 3 makes that film in general absolutely criminal, the arrest of palpatine in the book is incredible compared to what ended up on the screen

tFYRqKp.jpg

**** off lucas

Just seen Rogue One. Given how much I disliked The Force Awakens, I was really hoping I would enjoy this one. And I did. A really good film, well judged in feel and pacing and how much it referenced the original trilogy. Some issues here and there, of course,  as others have documented, most notably with the disappointing soundtrack, but if you didn't like TFA you may well like this one. Wouldn't say it was one for young kids though - it is pretty dark in tone and quite violent.

15 hours ago, hogso said:

Yeah, something like that would make a lot of sense, they could set up the almost certainty of whats-her-name from Episode VII being his granddaughter too.

I've heard some speculate that she could be Palpatine's granddaughter.  Now that would be cool!

Really enjoyed that. It's a very good film in its own right, but obviously lots in there for those that are fans of the Star Wars films. 

That's 2 out of 2 they've done that very really hit the mark for me. Hope it continues. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peterms said:

Saw it last night.

I was struck by how fhey have these extremely sophisticated little airships, and yet when they want to land, they need some bloke on the landing pad waving a couple of batons in the air.

It's these kinds of obsolete working practices which are holding the Empire back, in my view.

Health and safety, innit? 

22 hours ago, peterms said:

Saw it last night.

I was struck by how fhey have these extremely sophisticated little airships, and yet when they want to land, they need some bloke on the landing pad waving a couple of batons in the air.

It's these kinds of obsolete working practices which are holding the Empire back, in my view.

The unions would have a field day if the guys with the ping pong bats were binned. The last thing the Rebels need is industrial action during a major beef with the Empire.

On 25/12/2016 at 09:55, peterms said:

Saw it last night.

9 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Carrie Fisher dead :(:(

Wonder what will happen to her in Episode VIII now.

It's already in the can I believe. After seeing Rogue One though, I'm not sure it matters that she's past away before episode IX. 

On 12/25/2016 at 17:56, HanoiVillan said:

Also, why does a battle station that lives in space need a ventilation shaft?

Chili con carne Tuesdays in the cantina?

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Just back from rogue one and it didn't disappoint. It's a totally valid addition to the Star Wars stable without having to be too 'star wars'

for me it was akin to the dirty dozen with some clever nods and winks to the SW universe, without being too pastiche or cliched. 

I'd definitely be happy watching it again!  

• Like 2

Fantastic film I thought. Was initially surprised by how it all ends before reflecting later of course it had to be like that. Makes ANH all the more poignant. Fits in to the canon terrifically well. Imagine if Lucas had sold before the prequels!

• Like 1

Â