Joe Cole

TrentVilla

That's funny because I swear I saw him make some good tackles - even after he lost the ball he ran after the player and won it back. He linked up well. Decent game. But what do I know.

• Like 2

That's funny because I swear I saw him make some good tackles - even after he lost the ball he ran after the player and won it back. He linked up well. Decent game. But what do I know.

He did have a decent game, the odd mistake, but he definitely got stuck in with some good challenges when they were looking to press and his assist was good. When he came on there were a few around me ready to mock him but I feel he still has something positive for us, particularly when seeing games out.

He did have a decent game, the odd mistake, but he definitely got stuck in with some good challenges when they were looking to press and his assist was good. When he came on there were a few around me ready to mock him but I feel he still has something positive for us, particularly when seeing games out.

Who were these people? He has generally performed well for us.

I've provided a detailed description of those involved to the powers that be.

I suspect maybe it was because he replaced Traore, tough act to follow.

The mutterings were generally about his legs going, jumping straight away on the occasional mistake made, "how's he going to help" and so on. They were fairly quiet regarding the more positive impact he had.

I like Joe, he's always seemed like one of the "good guys". He still got a great eye for a neat pass to unlock a defence and he's not scared to stick a foot in to nip the opposition's attack in the bud. It's been said before, but Grealish has said himself that Cole being at Villa is a great help to him.

• Like 3

The mutterings were generally about his legs going, jumping straight away on the occasional mistake made, "how's he going to help" and so on. They were fairly quiet regarding the more positive impact he had.

I like Joe, he's always seemed like one of the "good guys". He still got a great eye for a neat pass to unlock a defence and he's not scared to stick a foot in to nip the opposition's attack in the bud. It's been said before, but Grealish has said himself that Cole being at Villa is a great help to him.

Yeah but what does Grealish know?  ;)

Yeah but what does Grealish know? ;)

He certainly knows the value of buying in bulk.

• 1 month later...

Joe Cole has held talks with Tim Sherwood over his Aston Villa future and is keen to join a Championship club on loan.

Cole is determined to kick-start his career after struggling to figure in Sherwood’s plans and Villa will consider a short-term move for the former England international.

The 33-year-old - who signed a two-year contract with Villa in June 2014 - has not started a game since Sherwood’s appointment in February and made only one appearance this season, as a substitute in the Capital One Cup against Notts County.

Cole is fully fit, however, and has met with Sherwood and made it clear he wants to be allowed out for some first-team football.

Sherwood is understood to have sympathy for the midfielder and will sanction a deal if a Championship club makes a move. Cole’s Villa contract is worth around £20,000 a week.

Villa will also consider loan moves for other fringe players, including Charles N’Zogbia, Kieran Richardson and Philippe Senderos, as Sherwood bids to trim his squad.

Sherwood said: “If someone wants to take one of these players who are not going to play on a regular basis then I would have to decide whether it would be right for the club to let them go.”

Joe Cole is off

Edited by dudevillaisnice

• 2 weeks later...

Hope he gets some match time. 

Joe always comes across like a good guy. Even though it was in the twilight of his career, I'm pleased I got to see him play for us. There's still a touch of class about him which was lovely to see.

Best of luck Joe.

• Like 4

seems like a really decent guy, but his presence didn't really affect us in the same way Robbie Keane's impact did.

I wish him well.

Edited by TRO

Â