Joe Cole

TrentVilla

A class above, yet still worked his bollocks off, put in tackles, won fouls, closed down space, and used every bit of experience to get us over that line.

Worth every penny of whatever he has earned this season.

Agreed, showed great fight and his experience and intelligence were vital to us today.

• 2 months later...

Im sure pay as you play is based on training and not matches

yeah it is, as long as he is fit he gets paid regardless of wether he plays games or not

Im sure pay as you play is based on training and not matches

yeah it is, as long as he is fit he gets paid regardless of wether he plays games or not

I remember Owen was getting mocked for the same thing at United until it was revealed he was getting paid for training

I thought he was great when we saw out that 1-0 at Tottenham, we were under the cosh and he utilised all the experience and killed the game off for us. Scored against Burnley and I thought that would be the platform...but those injuries again.

Sure, he hasn't featured that much but he has probably cost us £1m in wages. It is nothing in this era. It was a punt.

Played his part.

Yes he did, I agree with this.

Did he? Does that mean everything single player that played a few minutes played their part?

maybe not but he came on in a few games and did the small things and slowed down games when we needed it. Spurs last few minutes for example him and Cleverley had ball in corner for a valuable time.

It had been years since I saw Villa players able to actually keep the ball and hold on for a 1-0 victory

He wasnt a masterstroke signing but he wasnt as bad as people made him out to be

Edited by Zatman

Â