Joe Cole

TrentVilla

Played his part.

Yes he did, I agree with this.
Did he? Does that mean everything single player that played a few minutes played their part?

maybe not but he came on in a few games and did the small things and slowed down games when we needed it. Spurs last few minutes for example him and Cleverley had ball in corner for a valuable time.

It had been years since I saw Villa players able to actually keep the ball and hold on for a 1-0 victory

So that means he played his part as did Weimann, Gabby, N'Zogbia who are continually criticised on this site? Just seems odd that a few good minutes here there results in praise for Joe Cole.

• Like 1

He just said played his part :lol:

He didnt say he was influential or gave him high praise. Think reading too much into it man ;)

Nah there are posts further up about him doing enough to justify his wages etc. Thats not the first I've seen.

He didn't play his part because he spent most the season out injured.

Put it this way compare to some peoples Villa Player of the season

Joe Cole Played 12(9) Goals 1 Assist 1   3 shots 

Fabian Delph Played 28(1) Goals 0 Assist 3. Shots 38

in his defense, I'm sure joe cole wants to be playing regularly for villa more than we want him to.... I have never got the sense that he is happy sitting around taking a pay check....

in his defense, I'm sure joe cole wants to be playing regularly for villa more than we want him to.... I have never got the sense that he is happy sitting around taking a pay check....

Neither, as a professional I have a lot of respect for Cole. And even his cameos this season just gone have been good. Just need more game time. However in happy for him to be around as a mentor for Graelish as well.

I think he could play a deeper role in some games like the games we should be winning. We had a lot of games last season that finished 0-0 or didnt score that a player who could  pass the ball from deep could  help us

• 3 weeks later...

It's been THAT long since there was a post on here, but Joe Cole was brilliant against Forest.  Tracked back well (on the left side particularly) alongside the usual passing.  Not sure if he'll be first choice for us, but I saw enough to give me confidence he's a legit option.

• Like 1

Agree with the above, he was very good when he came on today and very composed on the ball. I'm actually glad we have him as an option and I think his professionalism and his experience (let's face it, he's accomplished a lot more than anyone else in our squad) will be very useful to the other players, especially the youngsters.

I'd like to see him get some more game time this season. Hope he stays fit.

Edited by Ginko

Not injured then? Wow

To the contrary.  I sat in the home end and heard ridicule from some Forest fans, but they were soon quiet about him.  He covered Amavi brilliantly and gave a whole impetus to the midfield.  I was really impressed :o

• Like 1

Â