Roy Keane

TrentVilla

I don't really see what's so bad about that. Obviously not a nice thing to think, but he's not saying he's glad that Clarke had a heart attack just the timing helped deflect from a poor performance.

It's probably being a case of being far too honest either by wanting to tell the complete truth or to sell copies/get publicity.

I think a hell of a lot of people would have a similar thought if they were in the same situation but what most wouldn't do is say it at the time or at a later date. What you'd hope is that he did feel bad for thinking it as again most people would after thinking it.

• Like 1

Keane on Savage  :D

“I rang Mark Hughes. Robbie [savage] wasn’t in the Blackburn team and I asked Mark if we could try to arrange a deal. Sparky said: ‘Yeah, yeah, he’s lost his way here but he could still do a job for you.’ Robbie’s legs were going a bit but I thought he might come up to us [at Sunderland], with his long hair, and give us a lift – the way Yorkie [Dwight Yorke] had, a big personality in the dressing room. Sparky gave me permission to give him a call. So I got Robbie’s mobile number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: ‘Hi, it’s Robbie – whazzup!’ like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought: ‘I can’t be **** signing that.’”

10329210_1519832958234413_26998283403306

• Like 1

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/06/roy-keane-manchester-united-sir-alex-ferguson

An interview with MUTV in which Keane criticised a number of his team-mates following a lacklustre performance in a 4-1 defeat by Middlesbrough had weakened the midfielder’s position at the club but he writes that a fierce falling out with Queiroz on a pre-season training camp on the Algarve was the final straw.

“He was just on my right shoulder; how I didn’t **** hit him again – I was thinking, ‘The villa in Portugal, not treating me well in training – and he just used the word “loyalty” to me,’” said Keane.

“I said, ‘Don’t you **** talk to me about loyalty, Carlos. You left this club after 12 months a few years ago for the Real Madrid job. Don’t you dare question my loyalty. I had opportunities to go to Juventus and Bayern Munich.’ And while we’re at it we spoke about training downstairs. And were just on about mixing things up in training a bit.”

Keane went on to reveal that Ferguson soon stepped in, saying: “That’s enough. I’ve had enough of all this,” which prompted the midfielder to round on his manager, replying: “You as well gaffer. We need **** more from you. We need a bit more, gaffer. We’re slipping behind other teams.”

Keane’s bust-up with Schmeichel came much earlier in his Manchester United career, on their pre-season tour to Asia in 1998, with the midfielder adding: “I had a bust-up with Peter when we were on a pre-season tour of Asia in 1998, just after I came back from my cruciate injury. I think we were in Hong Kong. There was drink involved.

“He said, ‘I’ve had enough of you, It’s time we sorted this out.’ So I said ‘OK’ and we had a fight. It felt like 10 minutes. There was a lot of noise – Peter’s a big lad. I woke up the next morning. I kind of vaguely remembered the fight. My hand was really sore and one of my fingers was bent backwards.

“The manager had a go at us as we were getting on the bus, and people were going on about a fight in the hotel the night before. It started coming back to me – the fight between me and Peter.

“In the meantime Nicky Butt had been filling me in on what had happened the night before. Butty had refereed the fight. Anyway, Peter had grabbed me, I’d head-butted him – we’d been fighting for ages. At the press conference, Peter took his sunglasses off. He had a black eye. The questions came at him: ‘Peter, what happened to your eye?’”

Awesome to have such a role model at the club for the youngsters to look up to.

Reading his last book he is certainly a walking contradiction.

He talks about being professional and loyalty on one page, then talks about holding the club for ransom for 90k a week and going back to Ireland every week to get pissed.

He is a complex one is Keane, the last book was a great read, he is emotionally unhinged though, came across as being full of self doubt too.

Edited by rodders0223

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/06/roy-keane-manchester-united-sir-alex-ferguson

An interview with MUTV in which Keane criticised a number of his team-mates following a lacklustre performance in a 4-1 defeat by Middlesbrough had weakened the midfielder’s position at the club but he writes that a fierce falling out with Queiroz on a pre-season training camp on the Algarve was the final straw.

“He was just on my right shoulder; how I didn’t **** hit him again – I was thinking, ‘The villa in Portugal, not treating me well in training – and he just used the word “loyalty” to me,’” said Keane.

“I said, ‘Don’t you **** talk to me about loyalty, Carlos. You left this club after 12 months a few years ago for the Real Madrid job. Don’t you dare question my loyalty. I had opportunities to go to Juventus and Bayern Munich.’ And while we’re at it we spoke about training downstairs. And were just on about mixing things up in training a bit.”

Keane went on to reveal that Ferguson soon stepped in, saying: “That’s enough. I’ve had enough of all this,” which prompted the midfielder to round on his manager, replying: “You as well gaffer. We need **** more from you. We need a bit more, gaffer. We’re slipping behind other teams.”

Keane’s bust-up with Schmeichel came much earlier in his Manchester United career, on their pre-season tour to Asia in 1998, with the midfielder adding: “I had a bust-up with Peter when we were on a pre-season tour of Asia in 1998, just after I came back from my cruciate injury. I think we were in Hong Kong. There was drink involved.

“He said, ‘I’ve had enough of you, It’s time we sorted this out.’ So I said ‘OK’ and we had a fight. It felt like 10 minutes. There was a lot of noise – Peter’s a big lad. I woke up the next morning. I kind of vaguely remembered the fight. My hand was really sore and one of my fingers was bent backwards.

“The manager had a go at us as we were getting on the bus, and people were going on about a fight in the hotel the night before. It started coming back to me – the fight between me and Peter.

“In the meantime Nicky Butt had been filling me in on what had happened the night before. Butty had refereed the fight. Anyway, Peter had grabbed me, I’d head-butted him – we’d been fighting for ages. At the press conference, Peter took his sunglasses off. He had a black eye. The questions came at him: ‘Peter, what happened to your eye?’”

Reading his last book he is certainly a walking contradiction.

He talks about being professional and loyalty on one page, then talks about holding the club for ransom for 90k a week and going back to Ireland every week to get pissed.

He is a complex one is Keane, the last book was a great read, he is emotionally unhinged though, came across as being full of self doubt too.

but then most 'macho bullies' are full of self doubt

Which bit are you not happy with?

Which bit are you not happy with?

Is this a serious question?

Which bits are you happy with??!!  :D

OK, let's just list two: (a) the fact that he can't apparently go more that 5 words without saying "****"; (b ) the fact that he gets so paralytic and violent that he can beat up a fellow player and not remember it the next day.

Â