Roy Keane

TrentVilla

I think our side is very well organised on the pitch. Richardson had mentioned that was what Keane was working with them on the training pitch. Obviously Senderos has had a huge influence on the defence too

Seems like plenty of leaders in the dressing room now. Add to so many experienced professionals and our whole dynamic has changed. 

• Like 1

I don't know if it's Keane or Lambert but we are much better organised when we are defending now than we ever were in the last 3 or 4 seasons. We were a mess at the back last season and all over the place tactically. Someone has made a big difference and we look a much better side for it. 

I adore the fact that every defender celebrates like they've won the world cup when the whistle blows and we've kept a clean sheet. 

I'm so happy right now! :)

because they know the pain that awaits them if they do concede

• Like 2

I know it's very early days but if we end up with less training injuries than last year that will be the biggest indictment of Culverhouse and Karsa imaginable. Bringing Roy Keane into the coaching staff should not make the training ground a safer place.

Posted elsewhere but also worth inclusion in this thread, love it.

"On the first day of training, I didn't start the session that well," recalled Grealish. "He tapped me on the shoulder after a half an hour, saying 'Are you all right?' and I replied 'yeah'. Then he asked me: 'When do you start training then?'"

Guess who he is talking about ... great quote.

• Like 1

I never liked Roy, until I read his book a few years back. Born winner, honest, takes no crap from anyone, been there and done it all... exactly the sort of person we need at Villa, but so rarely have. No coincidence that the club has turned around since he's arrived I think.

• Like 1

Â