Roy Keane

TrentVilla

Vlaar has spoken about Roy. It must be getting done?

Where? When?

Roy Keane will bring fighting spirit back to Aston Villa dressing-room, claims Ron Vlaar

By Laurie Whitwell

22:30 05 Jun 2014, updated 22:30 05 Jun 2014

Aston Villa captain Ron Vlaar believes Roy Keane’s animal instincts will bring a necessary ‘fighting spirit’ to the club if he becomes assistant to Paul Lambert.

The Dutch defender praised the Manchester United legend and says his deep desire to win should boost a team who struggled against relegation last season.

Keane is expected to join Villa as Lambert’s No 2 once he returns from the USA with the Republic of Ireland next week.

‘I don't know him as a person, I know him as a player,' said Vlaar. 'He has a lot of fighting spirit, and I think that would be really good for us.

'He can do more than that. He’s a very strong character. On the pitch he could be absolutely… what's the word?’ Like an animal, it was suggested. ‘Yes - he wants to win and he shows that to his team-mates.

'I think everybody has a lot of respect for him and I look forward to it.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2649887/Roy-Keane-bring-fighting-spirit-Aston-Villa-dressing-room-claims-Ron-Vlaar.html

Edited by Isa

Think he may be the sort of character we need.

Absolutely fantastic player and must know a thing or two about systems and tactics.

Only hope from reading his book that he doesn't completely tear our lot up in preseason because the standards aren't high enough for him!

Great appointment, born winner!

And therein lies the problem.  He isn't going to be happy being number two for such a shit manager, trying to train such a hopeless bunch of non-footballers.

VT; expert football managers, club owners, assistant managers, scouts, chief executives and now "being Roy Keane".

VT (like every other message board in existence): people having an opinion on something they possibly don't do for their every day job.

• Like 1

Great appointment, born winner!

And therein lies the problem.  He isn't going to be happy being number two for such a shit manager, trying to train such a hopeless bunch of non-footballers.

that sounds like his current job ;)

• Like 1

Vlaar has spoken about Roy. It must be getting done?

Where? When?

Roy Keane will bring fighting spirit back to Aston Villa dressing-room, claims Ron Vlaar

By Laurie Whitwell

22:30 05 Jun 2014, updated 22:30 05 Jun 2014

Aston Villa captain Ron Vlaar believes Roy Keane’s animal instincts will bring a necessary ‘fighting spirit’ to the club if he becomes assistant to Paul Lambert.

The Dutch defender praised the Manchester United legend and says his deep desire to win should boost a team who struggled against relegation last season.

Keane is expected to join Villa as Lambert’s No 2 once he returns from the USA with the Republic of Ireland next week.

‘I don't know him as a person, I know him as a player,' said Vlaar. 'He has a lot of fighting spirit, and I think that would be really good for us.

'He can do more than that. He’s a very strong character. On the pitch he could be absolutely… what's the word?’ Like an animal, it was suggested. ‘Yes - he wants to win and he shows that to his team-mates.

'I think everybody has a lot of respect for him and I look forward to it.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2649887/Roy-Keane-bring-fighting-spirit-Aston-Villa-dressing-room-claims-Ron-Vlaar.html

Looks like a done deal then surely. Good spot.

Looks like a done deal then surely. Good spot.

Not signed but highly likely in the next week I'd say.

I keep reading that they are quite close lambo and Keane, have they been at the same club in any capacity or is it just one of those footy circle things?

I keep reading that they are quite close lambo and Keane, have they been at the same club in any capacity or is it just one of those footy circle things?

No they haven't, both played for Celtic but they weren't there at the same time.

they are of similar ages and maybe they did coaching courses together as both retired at the same time. also think both were in charge at Ipswich and Norwich at same time. Maybe nothing else to do down there than hang out with the rival manager :P

they are of similar ages and maybe they did coaching courses together as both retired at the same time. also think both were in charge at Ipswich and Norwich at same time. Maybe nothing else to do down there than hang out with the rival manager :P

Lambert at least started his coaching qualifications in germany, under the influence of hitzfeld.

It's being reported he's pulled out of ITV's World Cup Coverage. Looks likely. - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/03/roy-keane-pulls-out-world-cup-brazil-2014-itv-pundit

I've heard that we're signing Phillipe Senderos too.... ;)

Isn't the club up for sale?

Cant be as we would have heard from Lerner about it

What I don't get is -  if we're hiring Keane as assistant manager, what will happen to Culverhouse?

Â