Roy Keane

TrentVilla

It's going to be interesting to see what his role will actually be. The Irish Times do quite a good podcast and were talking about his role as a number 2 with ROI. MON has brought in Steve Walford and Steve Guppy as coaches. There was an open training session last week and it was those two who were doing the drills, barking out the orders etc. Keane was the silent guy standing on the touchlines with his hands behind his back. O'Neill was nowhere to be seen. 

I wonder who the actual coaches will be that are going to doing defensive drills, set pieces, formations etc. are going to be?

Keane is supposedly very good at motivating players to play with their heads and be as smart as possible on the pitch - as in how to finish out games, how to manipulate games, and obviously as Marc Overmars can testify how to set the tone for a game with a classic reducer - I'm sure Delph will be keen to take some advice. That is certianly something we're in dire need of.

• Like 1

...and obviously as Marc Overmars can testify how to set the tone for a game with a classic reducer - I'm sure Delph will be keen to take some advice. That is certianly something we're in dire need of.

I'm fairly sure Delph has been slightly better since he STOPPED making retarded tackles in the first 15mins of games.

Delph's tackles weren't reducers - they were reckless challenges from him being a bit too pumped up and not thinking clearly. A reducer is a very calculated challenge and often works well, as underhand as it may be.

I just can't see this working out to be honest. I can't see Roy Keane being happy to be a number two a Premier League club, and I think his style will clash horribly with Lambert who seems a bit more of an arm around the shoulders type.  

I just can't see this working out to be honest. I can't see Roy Keane being happy to be a number two a Premier League club, and I think his style will clash horribly with Lambert who seems a bit more of an arm around the shoulders type.  

Good Cop/Bad Cop.

It's going to be interesting to see what his role will actually be. The Irish Times do quite a good podcast and were talking about his role as a number 2 with ROI. MON has brought in Steve Walford and Steve Guppy as coaches. There was an open training session last week and it was those two who were doing the drills, barking out the orders etc. Keane was the silent guy standing on the touchlines with his hands behind his back. O'Neill was nowhere to be seen. 

I wonder who the actual coaches will be that are going to doing defensive drills, set pieces, formations etc. are going to be?

Keane is supposedly very good at motivating players to play with their heads and be as smart as possible on the pitch - as in how to finish out games, how to manipulate games, and obviously as Marc Overmars can testify how to set the tone for a game with a classic reducer - I'm sure Delph will be keen to take some advice. That is certianly something we're in dire need of.

I think you will see Keane come in as assistant and possibly another coach. I think Cowans will possibly step back down to the U21's.

Good Cop/Bad Cop.

That didn't work out too well before with Culverhouse and Karsa.  And it won't this time when you've got somebody with the ego of Roy Keane.  Look at his career, he's never been able to say/do the right thing.

Good Cop/Bad Cop.

That didn't work out too well before with Culverhouse and Karsa.  And it won't this time when you've got somebody with the ego of Roy Keane.  Look at his career, he's never been able to say/do the right thing.

He always said or did the right thing. just other people never listened to him ;)

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Roy as the number 2.  Shake things up.

He wants to win, He was a winner and he is also prepared to sacrifice himself for the good of the team.  

Think vs Juventus booked in semi meaning he will miss final.  He digs in and drags United back into the game and into the final.  

The Final he was pleased about the win but didn't get involved in the celebrations because he wasn't out on the pitch that night unlike John Terry.

Overstepped mark in 2002 with Ireland, but what he was saying was true that the setup of the training facilities wasn't good enough while the officials/suits made sure they were taken care off.

• Like 3

Great appointment, born winner!

And therein lies the problem.  He isn't going to be happy being number two for such a shit manager, trying to train such a hopeless bunch of non-footballers.

And therein lies the problem.  He isn't going to be happy being number two for such a shit manager, trying to train such a hopeless bunch of non-footballers.

VT; expert football managers, club owners, assistant managers, scouts, chief executives and now "being Roy Keane".

Edited by bobzy

VT; expert football managers, club owners, assistant managers, scouts, chief executives and now "being Roy Keane".

Let's face it, if we were actually any good at any of this stuff we wouldn't still be on here talking about it.

Â