Roy Keane

TrentVilla

It's being reported he's pulled out of ITV's World Cup Coverage. Looks likely. - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/03/roy-keane-pulls-out-world-cup-brazil-2014-itv-pundit

I've heard that we're signing Phillipe Senderos too.... ;)

Isn't the club up for sale?

Cant be as we would have heard from Lerner about it

What I don't get is -  if we're hiring Keane as assistant manager, what will happen to Culverhouse?

The disgraced, suspended and then sacked Culverhouse? I'd imagine that's now none of our business.

I think PL is playing a smart game here by getting a high profile name such as Keane involved. You can see how this could help him to be looked at more favourably by potential new owners. He may well be trying to add value to himself remaining as the manager.

• Like 3

Whatever the trials and tribulations attached to Roy Keane....This club needs to eradicate this loser/sloppy mentality, so for that reason alone I think he will be a good recruit.

Roy is a bit direct and abrasive and maybe thats exactly what this club needs, it has too many lilly livered individuals in key places....It needs someone direct & deliberate.

Roy has his flaws but the "eye of the tiger" ain't one of them....he could instill that in some of the players....they desperately need it.

We have been grossly under performing in recent times and when you think in 2012-13 we was 8th in the league of best payers.....some players have been having a laugh.

I'm hoping that time could be over.

• Like 2

Apparently Ronny Deila was suppsoed to be Keanes assistant manager at Celtic, since Keane chose to be an assistant manageer at Aston Villa instead, Deila got the job as head coach.
I think it's weird that he chose an Assistant role at Aston Villa instead of a Manager job at Celtic.

I imagine Keane now realises he wasn't ready for management and is trying to add experience before he tries it again in the future.

Think he all but said that when he took the Ireland job in November. I's say he knew if he were to take the Celtic job and then walk out or be sacked he'd be finished in football - certainly as a manager.

i also thinks that the villa manager's job may well be up for grabs sooner rather than later, and that he'll get a shot as caretaker manager at least when that happens...

I don't agree. 

Learner won't sack Lambert and a new owner will either keep Lambert or clean house and bring in his own manager and coaches. I can't see a scenario where Keane takes over from Lambert, especially when he came in as a favour to Lambert.

Â