Philippe Senderos

samjp26

Do you honestly believe that Senderos will get a fair crack of the whip? I sure as hell don't - all you need to do is read this thread to come to that conclusion.

People don't rate him, get over it. If we all though e very player was good, it would be pretty **** boring.

Poor bugger. Clearly never going to be given a chance and as soon as he makes his first mistake, he'll get lambasted and never gain any confidence.

Utterly bizarre post of the highest order.

The fans in the stadium will be supporting him and giving him a chance. If he does make a mistake then he's not going to be lambasted any more than any other player that makes a mistake in a football match.

I think he will be. McLeish made mistakes, but Lambert has made as many (if not more) and McLeish was lambasted more than Lambert. When people have an opinion in the back of their minds, do you not think that SOME of those people will let that effect the amount of chances they will give a player/manager?

Do you honestly believe that Senderos will get a fair crack of the whip? I sure as hell don't - all you need to do is read this thread to come to that conclusion. 

He has been absolute shite for 10 years, it won't change. "A fair crack of the whip or not."

Even with his 6ft 3 inches and his experience, I would still have Baker and Clarke over him.

He gets bullied way too much, he looks scared and lost everytime a ball is punted towards him.

I think with the ball at his feet he Senderos can play some intelligent passes from the back.

However, he really does make some bad decisions and I think his positioning is quite average. Maybe if he gets the opportunity to play alongside Vlaar then he will improve?

Judging him on the performance against France is difficult as I think France look very good in attack and have surprised a few so far at this World Cup.

Poor bugger. Clearly never going to be given a chance and as soon as he makes his first mistake, he'll get lambasted and never gain any confidence. 

The fans in the stadium will be supporting him and giving him a chance. If he does make a mistake then he's not going to be lambasted any more than any other player that makes a mistake in a football match.

That's bullshit and you know it is. 

• Like 2

The fans in the stadium will be supporting him and giving him a chance. If he does make a mistake then he's not going to be lambasted any more than any other player that makes a mistake in a football match.

Course it is. Not saying it's everyone but the more vociferous will moan and groan at the first chance - at the first time he miss kicks a ball.  How many times did some boo and moan just at the mention of the name of a player. How many times at the first mistake was that player lambasted.

Oh! my bad - that must be their way of showing support and backing and giving them confidence.

Many in the stadium might support him (wonder about the ones in the match threads on the various forums?).

And before I get warned or lambasted - it is EVERY fans right to voice their feelings in whichever way they deem fit.

Me - I'd rather give them 100% backing whilst they wear the Villa Shirt (be they shit, bad, indifferent or brilliant).

• Like 1

Course it is. Not saying it's everyone but the more vociferous will moan and groan at the first chance - at the first time he miss kicks a ball.  How many times did some boo and moan just at the mention of the name of a player. How many times at the first mistake was that player lambasted.

Oh! my bad - that must be their way of showing support and backing and giving them confidence.

Many in the stadium might support him (wonder about the ones in the match threads on the various forums?).

And before I get warned or lambasted - it is EVERY fans right to voice their feelings in whichever way they deem fit.

Me - I'd rather give them 100% backing whilst they wear the Villa Shirt (be they shit, bad, indifferent or brilliant).

Giving people like him confidence is not the problem. He is shit and always will be.

The fans in the stadium will be supporting him and giving him a chance. If he does make a mistake then he's not going to be lambasted any more than any other player that makes a mistake in a football match.

Simply not true. Villa fans place players into a "shit" or "not shit" bucket early in their career and then view every incident that happens on the field through the lens of what bucket the player had been placed in.

If you need a great example, look at how KEA has been treated on here despite being solid most of last season.

Simply not true. Villa fans place players into a "shit" or "not shit" bucket early in their career and then view every incident that happens on the field through the lens of what bucket the player had been placed in.

If you need a great example, look at how KEA has been treated on here despite being solid most of last season.

Villa fans are no different from any other fans in that regard.

When it comes to Senderos many of us have seen him make stupid costly mistakes throughout his long career regardless of which team he's played for, and mistakes like that you remember.

For what it's worth i rate him way higher than Baker & Clark because he's much better "educated" as a footballer and if he'd cut out those mistakes he'd be a pretty solid defender.

Sadly he's up untill now at least been a bit like David Jameas was in goal, you just know that in almost every game there will be a bad slip-up or two

Most had him in the shit bracket way before he signed, are we now supposed to rate him because he plays for us??

• Like 2

But this is the problem. You rate KEA and the performances he puts in so you've decided people who don't must have some predetermined idea about him and refuse to change.

With regards to senderos will I be quicker to get on him than others? If I'm being brutally honest then I guess I will. I can't see myself being as patient with him as I will be with grealish for example. This isn't based on me hating the player it's more to do with I know what he's about and him signing for us doesn't make all that went before meaningless in how I judge him.

I'd love to say that next year I'll be cheering and chanting all the time for anyone who wears the shirt, and while I'm sure claiming that on here will get me brownie points I know its not the truth.

After the last few years I know I'll probably lose my temper quicker with some players than others, and I'll know I'll get frustrated quicker than in previous years as a season ticket holder.

Again this isn't because I've already decided which players I like and which I don't it will be more to do with just uncontrollable emotions during a game and a case of getting pretty fed up with watching poor players.

I know its a nice dream to picture 45,000 people cheering and chanting no matter what but i don't think it's realistic for any club.

I guess my point is that I don't think you can really blame people if they do lose patience with the likes of senderos if he performs poorly.

Most had him in the shit bracket way before he signed, are we now supposed to rate him because he plays for us??

This is the key point, isn't it? It's just delusional to walk around telling people that Player X is hopeless, and then turn around and claim that you're not going to judge Player X and he's probably a good signing for this this and this reason when X joins the club. He hasn't been a 'good signing' for either PL team that have owned him before, it requires a very charitable viewpoint to suppose he'll buck that trend here. 

Nevertheless, no matter how rubbish he is, people shouldn't be planning to boo him FFS, how silly and counterproductive is that?

Â