Culverhouse and Karsa sacked

Isa

Are we likely to ever find out what happened?

According to The Telegraph same thing has happened in Colchester as well, whatever that is. Could be difficult to keep this totally under wraps.

Edited by Gompedyret

• 5 weeks later...

any more info?

EDIT: yup! http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/culverhouse-dismissed-by-villa-30300814.html

Aston Villa have dismissed assistant manager Ian Culverhouse following an investigation that followed his suspension in April.

Former Norwich player Culverhouse, who previously worked alongside Villa manager Paul Lambert at Carrow Road and at Colchester, was suspended in April due to disciplinary issues.

At the time, owner Randy Lerner referred to "unexpected issues that could have very easily set the club back".

Press Association Sport understands Villa have now sacked the 49-year-old, with Lambert now seeking a new number two.

Villa have also sacked head of football operations Gary Karsa, whose career at the club was also put on hold in April after he too faced allegations relating to off-field issues.

Culverhouse and Karsa were the subject of separate internal investigations by the club, with Karsa understood to have been the first of the pair to lose his job earlier this month....

text added by mods Edited by blandy

It's going to be tough to find a number 2 unless he has some guarantees he is staying on regardless of new owner. No-one decent is going to come in if it's just for a month or two of preseason...

This close season could not get any more turbulent.

So much negativity around our club, we need something positive to come out

It's going to be tough to find a number 2 unless he has some guarantees he is staying on regardless of new owner. No-one decent is going to come in if it's just for a month or two of preseason...

Especially when an apparent takeover could be happening at any time

He'll probably just promote from within, Lerner isn't going to sanction two new staff members right now i wouldn't have thought.

Word on the curb is he wants one coach and one assistant manager, the latter being at another club at the moment apparently.

He'll probably just promote from within, Lerner isn't going to sanction two new staff members right now i wouldn't have thought.

Word on the curb is he wants one coach and one assistant manager, the latter being at another club at the moment apparently.

Where this has been? If the sale is going on, I can't see them getting new pair until the deal is completed, unless new owners are keeping Lambert, which would be bad.

Where this has been? If the sale is going on, I can't see them getting new pair until the deal is completed, unless new owners are keeping Lambert, which would be bad.

Genuinely can't remember where I saw it now

Â