Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

They are in league 2 now so it will be tough for that squad, but it will be a good test for Easah. He always becomes a quality defender for me in FM so I hope that happens in real life as well. 

• Like 3

I don't know much about the youth system in English football, but a 18yo prospect loaned out? Quite risky to me, especially to a lower division, because he may not be physically ready.

I would rather get him prepared in the U19 squad in Villa for another year before going to league games. But maybe I just worried too much....

Good luck to him.

Just now, Deisler123 said:

Quite risky to me, especially to a lower division, because he may not be physically ready.

In England, we usually loan out 18-year olds for the sake of developing physical skill, as well as experience. Playing in a smaller league is much more competitive (and rough) than U18 matches and it begins the transition from raw youth into match-ready players. It works, too.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I don't know much about the youth system in English football, but a 18yo prospect loaned out? Quite risky to me, especially to a lower division, because he may not be physically ready.

I would rather get him prepared in the U19 squad in Villa for another year before going to league games. But maybe I just worried too much....

Good luck to him.

He's a great talent, I don't think it's much of a risk loaning him out this early, I think he'll rise to the challenge like Gary Cahill did when we loaned him to Burnley at the same age

26 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Good luck to him.

The U19 are just glorified friendlies, no tempo, no real aggression. Youngsters at 18 need proper games. IMO.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's a great talent, I don't think it's much of a risk loaning him out this early, I think he'll rise to the challenge like Gary Cahill did when we loaned him to Burnley at the same age

In terms of talent, how does he compare to Cahill in your opinion SGC?

1 hour ago, meme said:

In England, we usually loan out 18-year olds for the sake of developing physical skill, as well as experience. Playing in a smaller league is much more competitive (and rough) than U18 matches and it begins the transition from raw youth into match-ready players. It works, too.

League Two in particular is a very competitive league for defenders to develop in. From my experience (vaguely following Newport County) a lot of teams cross/play long balls - possibly down to poorer pitches - so defences have a lot to deal with.

I'd imagine a loan until January with a view to a further loan in League One (hopeful) to the end of the season. 

18 hours ago, Czechlad said:

They are in league 2 now so it will be tough for that squad, but it will be a good test for Easah. He always becomes a quality defender for me in FM so I hope that happens in real life as well. 

How many seasons in do you use him at Villa. Just in seasom 2 of a new save and i have loaned him out...

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

In terms of talent, how does he compare to Cahill in your opinion SGC?

He's not far off Cahill in terms of quality at the same age in my opinion, Suliman reads the game so well, he's cultured and composed on the ball. He's a great talent, he should be playing at a higher level than league 2 in my opinion, it'll be too easy for him. He's the best centre half I've seen play for our u21s by a country mile, I didn't see Cahill play for them but I have seen the likes of Clark, Baker, Derrick Williams and Danny Devine. I think he's got a great future at this football club, providing that we can keep hold of him, that might prove to be a problem

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

How many seasons in do you use him at Villa. Just in seasom 2 of a new save and i have loaned him out...

I am on my third season and I am finally using him. I loaned him out to a league 1 club , then the championship and he was always on superb form. It takes a little while, but he is great. Plus he can play full back or center back efficiently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I am on my third season and I am finally using him. I loaned him out to a league 1 club , then the championship and he was always on superb form. It takes a little while, but he is great. Plus he can play full back or center back efficiently. 

Thanks! I will talk to you more in the FM thread. 

its a good move, for too long we have kept young potential here and just wasted them like Delfouneso, Donacien and even Clark when they should have been out learning their trade. not saying they still would have made it but would have certainly improved them

look at Grealish compared to them 3 and think he learned more at Notts County than them 3 combined in Villa reserves

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 23 August 2016 at 22:37, StanBalaban said:

Played against Newcastle tonight, but made a mistake that led to their second goal. All part of the learning process of the young guys going out on loan and hopefully make him a stronger player.

Tommy Elphick is gonna be pissed when he sees Perez copying his trademark head band! 

• 3 weeks later...

How's he been playing at Cheltenham (mistake against Newcastle aside)?

EDIT: Just watched that, if it was the first pass he played (out to the right-back), it wasn't his fault IMO.

Edited by Tom13

Â