Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Not sure about that. He has just turned 23 which is still young especially for a centre back.

He signed with Accrington Stanley initially on a short term deal which was extended until the end of the season. He has played nearly every minute of every game for them since he arrived according to Soccerbase. Scored in his last game for them in October before sustaining an ankle injury which required surgery and which he is still recovering from.

Thanks Michael118, he's a very good centre back, he's also a very nice guy. I met him at a youth game at Villa Park a few years ago

33 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks Michael118, he's a very good centre back, he's also a very nice guy. I met him at a youth game at Villa Park a few years ago

Can someone take the batteries out of Sir Gary and restart him, he's been stuck on repeat for the past three days :):):):):)    

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Not sure about that. He has just turned 23 which is still young especially for a centre back.

He signed with Accrington Stanley initially on a short term deal which was extended until the end of the season. He has played nearly every minute of every game for them since he arrived according to Soccerbase. Scored in his last game for them in October before sustaining an ankle injury which required surgery and which he is still recovering from.

I was surpirsed just how far Accrington have fallen this season, maybe a hangover from last seasons on so close promotion push.

I have no idea on the statistics but I would imagine the amount of footballers playing league 2 at 23 that go on to play and excel in the Championship and beyond is quite low.

We all know the obvious ones.

Edited by rodders0223

• 1 month later...

If the club do manage a couple of wins and pull away from the relegation zone then there is no reason why he shouldn't be given a chance. The likes of Elphick are never going to amount to much so he should be put in ahead of him in the pecking order anyway. Would he be better suited to partnering Chester or Baker? Chester might be a more balanced set up but Baker would make up for the lack of robustness.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If the club do manage a couple of wins and pull away from the relegation zone then there is no reason why he shouldn't be given a chance. The likes of Elphick are never going to amount to much so he should be put in ahead of him in the pecking order anyway. Would he be better suited to partnering Chester or Baker? Chester might be a more balanced set up but Baker would make up for the lack of robustness.

I'd say Chester as he has more experience than Baker, I think Suliman has the talent, attitude and application to be a first team regular in the near future 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Why are we writing off Elphick? This is the guy who led Bournemouth to the Prem. He's made the odd error/slipped but he's still a bloody good CB. Fans harp on about loyalty to the club but want to give up on players after 20 or so games after they've signed with the intention of playing a few hundred. 

Nothing against Suliman, of course, if he shows more than Elphick in training and on the pitch where it matters then fair enough. 

I wonder how many previous Villa favourites would have been so if they played in this modern era, Juan Pablo Angel wouldn't have lasted a season for starters (not calling him a hero). 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
Â