Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

Yeah I thought he was a left sided CB, never showed, like I said the kid looks like he's comfortable with a ball at his feet, so did elphick who was alongside him

the only I would say is he might not be ready physically, he's a streak of piss, got a couple of years to bulk up though

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I thought he was a left sided CB, never showed, like I said the kid looks like he's comfortable with a ball at his feet, so did elphick who was alongside him

the only I would say is he might not be ready physically, he's a streak of piss, got a couple of years to bulk up though

Personally I thought 1st half yesterday he looked quite uncomfortable and kept looking for the easy pass to Elphick. 2nd half he seemed to get forward a bit more and he seemed a bit more confident in possession of the ball. Exciting prospect though!

• 3 weeks later...

Is Toner ahead of him at this stage? More likely to get a run than Easah. Hes a bit older and has played a few games already. So maybe next season more likely?

It's hard to tell from what I've seen of him but I think he needs to naturally fill out a bit before he's strong enough, he looks like a streak of piss

Yes one that I'd suggest a loan to league 2, let him get bashed about a bit 

I do think he'll be better than toner 

He really is brilliant, reads the game so well, intercepts the play and has natural ability on the ball to go with it, I think he is the best centre back I've seen him come through the academy. He really is a fantastic player

17 hours ago, Pilchard said:

So with Clark off, is this Easah's chance to shine?

Maybe but i'd still prefer signings in defence.  A back four of Elphick, Okore, Suliman and one other experienced ,  would be ok.  I'd also like Baker, Lescott and Richards gone

Just now, Richard said:

Maybe but i'd still prefer signings in defence.  A back four of Elphick, Okore, Suliman and one other experienced ,  would be ok.  I'd also like Baker, Lescott and Richards gone

I'm good with Baker staying. He's proven himself to be decent at Championship level and I've never really been anti Baker regardless. I always felt he got a raw deal. 

Generally I'd like another defender, but a right back would make a bigger difference. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Generally I'd like another defender, but a right back would make a bigger difference. 

Thing is I dont think Hutton or Bacuna are going anywhere for a number of reasons. 

I think Hutton might be decent at this level.  Bacuna I'd love to go but seems RDM would like him to stay.  At right back with those two and youth cover I think we may have enough.  Sure needs strengthening in time as most of the team does I just think central defence is an issue,  but its opinions

Just now, Richard said:

Thing is I dont think Hutton or Bacuna are going anywhere for a number of reasons. 

I think Hutton might be decent at this level.  Bacuna I'd love to go but seems RDM would like him to stay.  At right back with those two and youth cover I think we may have enough.  Sure needs strengthening in time as most of the team does I just think central defence is an issue,  but its opinions

I think it's an issue on the basis that I don't know enough about Elphick yet, or how the defence will shape up in a competitive game under the new manager. Only he knows that. 

I'm always willing to give *some* players a second chance under a new manager. For example, on paper, I believe there's enough ability in Okore and Elphick to be the best pairing in the division. Would I like more? Yes. I want the very best we can possibly get. However the rebuild is so large that it will and evidently is taking a while. So I'll not be upset if we go into the season defensively as we are. 

Hutton - Elphick - Okore - Amavi. 

On loan to Cheltenham Town apparently.
http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/aston-villa-defender-joins-cheltenham-town-on-loan/story-29585167-detail/story.html

England Under-18 captain Easah Suliman has joined Cheltenham Town on a loan deal from Aston Villa.

The 18-year-old defender was at Seasons on Thursday morning along with Villa's loans manager Tommy Mooney to seal a six-month loan deal.

• Like 1

BBC also confirming Clicky:

Cheltenham Town have signed Aston Villa and England Under-18 defender Easah Suliman on loan until 2 January.

The 18-year-old can play at right-back, centre-half and in central midfield.

Born in Birmingham, Suliman signed a professional deal with Villa in January 2015 until 2017, but is yet to make a senior, competitive first-team appearance for the Championship club.

He has represented England since under-16 level and made 16 international appearances for the under-17 side.

Much more likely to get minutes which will be good for us and him. 

• Like 1

Â