Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

**** it

He'll either be shit or he'll sign for Man City

Phew, that feels better

In all seriousness though I obviously hope the kid makes it, will be interesting to see if he does what is made of his nationality and background, no pressure on him but I think he could be a huge player for us and the city if his British Asian ness leads to him being a role model, I'm hoping he becomes a reason why a huge demographic of the city that is currently poorly represented at VP every other Saturday can get some sort of balance

• Like 1

M

Doing quite well alongside Williams who is highly rated at United, South Korea aren't attacking much but they are snuffing out any chances easily enough. Good ability on the ball as well. Just a shame the team's whole game plan is to stand there and watch what Edwards and Willock can do so they aren't very effective going forward other than the individual brilliance of those two.

murphy not getting a look in?

M

Doing quite well alongside Williams who is highly rated at United, South Korea aren't attacking much but they are snuffing out any chances easily enough. Good ability on the ball as well. Just a shame the team's whole game plan is to stand there and watch what Edwards and Willock can do so they aren't very effective going forward other than the individual brilliance of those two.

murphy not getting a look in?

Came in for 10 minutes against Brazil, unfortunately I didn't get to see that match so not sure how he did.

• 4 weeks later...

"So far, so familiar. But Suliman knows he is being interviewed because he has been nominated for the Young Player accolade at the Asian Football Awards, which take place at Wembley on Thursday evening."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/18/aston-villa-easah-suliman-england-asian-footballers

(Hope I've got the link right, sorry mods if wrong)

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

**** it

He'll either be shit or he'll sign for Man City

Phew, that feels better

In all seriousness though I obviously hope the kid makes it, will be interesting to see if he does what is made of his nationality and background, no pressure on him but I think he could be a huge player for us and the city if his British Asian ness leads to him being a role model, I'm hoping he becomes a reason why a huge demographic of the city that is currently poorly represented at VP every other Saturday can get some sort of balance

Yep, I can imagine many young British Asians will look at him as an example to see that they can make it at the top level (once he also makes it there!). Can only be a positive thing all round!

I've been to the Asian footballer awards a few times. Michael Chopra usually takes all the awards! Fair to say there is not much to choose from apart from the young player awards. There are quite a few up and coming young Asian players so Easah did well.

• 4 months later...

Toner is more experienced but he's nowhere near as good, Suliman is very elegant and great on the ball, I think he's got a great future. Toner is a couple of years older than Suliman, Toner is a centre back yes

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

• 3 months later...

He was ok, he's not a RB and that showed at times but he looked composed and decent on the ball, looked like he's got more footballing ability than baker and Clark, defending ability was harder to tell cos he didn't really get tested

• Like 1

Â