Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

He looked pretty good and composed throughout.

only criticism was allowing a striker to turn onto his better foot to get a shot away.

took his goal we'll too - anticipated a rebound from a free kick and cushioned a nicely controlled header into the net. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

He looked pretty good and composed throughout.

only criticism was allowing a striker to turn onto his better foot to get a shot away.

took his goal we'll too - anticipated a rebound from a free kick and cushioned a nicely controlled header into the net. 

Thanks very much 

• Like 1

If we are to play 3-5-2/5-3-2 then surely he should be kept on as an option this season.

Much rather he hand out chances to the likes of him than give it to ancient monoliths like Samba

• Like 1

On 7/18/2017 at 11:47, sne said:

If we are to play 3-5-2/5-3-2 then surely he should be kept on as an option this season.

Much rather he hand out chances to the likes of him than give it to ancient monoliths like Samba

I just couldn't disagree more. Samba is a far superior option this season. Suliman was atrocious on loan at a League Two team last season. Maybe he'll come good (though personally I doubt it) but he's not ready for first-team football. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I just couldn't disagree more. Samba is a far superior option this season. Suliman was atrocious on loan at a League Two team last season. Maybe he'll come good (though personally I doubt it) but he's not ready for first-team football. 

I think once we start playing competitive games; Samba will be a huge safety risk.

Hopefully we'll not have to see him play more than the odd minute, or better yet. At all.

But fair enough that Suliman might not be ready. Have not seen enough of him to judge.

What I've seen from Samba thou in recent years is enough to give me nightmares.

1 hour ago, sne said:

I think once we start playing competitive games; Samba will be a huge safety risk.

Hopefully we'll not have to see him play more than the odd minute, or better yet. At all.

But fair enough that Suliman might not be ready. Have not seen enough of him to judge.

What I've seen from Samba thou in recent years is enough to give me nightmares.

If we signed Samba, I'd want him to be 4th choice. I can see that probably isn't a massive priority, and I wouldn't want to spend much money on him. But I've seen enough this pre-season to think he'd be okay. 

He'll need to be an awful lot better than he was last season. 

Baker was a key part of the 5th tightest defence in the Championship, while Suliman couldn't get into a League Two side. He really shouldn't be Baker's 'replacement'. 

26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He'll need to be an awful lot better than he was last season. 

Baker was a key part of the 5th tightest defence in the Championship, while Suliman couldn't get into a League Two side. He really shouldn't be Baker's 'replacement'. 

Part of the 5th tightest defence is just a posh way of saying he was part of a team who finished 13th 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For those who watch the youth games.

Is he good enough to step up to the challenge now with Terry out.

Not really comfortable with Elphick or Richards on the bench.

Or with Samba starting for that matter.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

For those who watch the youth games.

Is he good enough to step up to the challenge now with Terry out.

Not really comfortable with Elphick or Richards on the bench.

Or with Samba starting for that matter.

Jedinak?

Just now, Eastie said:

Jedinak?

As CB?

For the odd game perhaps, not as a long term solution.

Would have the same issues as Samba with pace and mobility. Think we will need him in midfield.

Â