Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They both are extremely good young talents, Easah Suliman and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy are outstanding the pair of them, so is Andre Green. They've got great chances of making it here in my opinion

I'm surprised we arent playing Real Madrid this week given how "outstanding" our players are. Instead we are in the bottom half of the Championship playing Burton Albion. ;)

I have a hunch that our players may, in fact, not be anything like outstanding. Just a hunch...

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I'm surprised we arent playing Real Madrid this week given how "outstanding" our players are. Instead we are in the bottom half of the Championship playing Burton Albion. ;)

I have a hunch that our players may, in fact, not be anything like outstanding. Just a hunch...

This group of kids are the best I've seen by quite a distance, better than the Clark, Albrighton and Delfouneso team, our current youngsters are outstanding. There are quite a few in the younger ages too

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

This group of kids are the best I've seen by quite a distance, better than the Clark, Albrighton and Delfouneso team, our current youngsters are outstanding. There are quite a few in the younger ages too

Fair enough. I'll await their progression into 1st team regulars with much eagerness. I will stop short of cracking the cigars our just yet though. ;)

We always have outstanding players at u18 Our problem is converting them into outstanding players for the first team. We've ripped up the structure behind the scenes because we have a problem from 18-1st team. Hopefully it's not too late for this current crop. 

• Like 1

Anyone actually know how he's been getting on at Cheltenham?

Just looking at the league table and I see they're near the bottom and not keeping clean sheets although they are newly promoted.

If he's done alright then a loan to a league one club is the logical step. That would give a much better guide as Toner went to Walsall and he's been abysmal there last 6 weeks (fans booing him off the pitch) so don't think he'll be making it here.

We need to do that anyway rather than just keep loaning him to league 2 as we did that with Janoi Donancien who was highly rated on this forum (maybe just by SGC!) and he didn't really amount to much and now can't get in an Accrington side just above Cheltenham.

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

We always have outstanding players at u18 Our problem is converting them into outstanding players for the first team. We've ripped up the structure behind the scenes because we have a problem from 18-1st team. Hopefully it's not too late for this current crop. 

Not before time.

We patted ourselves on the back 10 years ago when Fonz, Clark, Bannan etc were winning the reserve league title every season and then wondering why after bright starts they didn't amount to much at prem level. No simple answer but I always thought in those days we just kept players here to win those games at reserve level rather than loaning them out like other teams did. At least we're doing that now.

Mentality seems to be a big problem aswell so hopefully the restructuring can get some fresh coaches in to try to improve that.

5 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Fair enough. I'll await their progression into 1st team regulars with much eagerness. I will stop short of cracking the cigars our just yet though. ;)

Don't do that it's bad for your health, don't you know? ;) They are outstanding young players with great futures ahead of them

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not before time.

We patted ourselves on the back 10 years ago when Fonz, Clark, Bannan etc were winning the reserve league title every season and then wondering why after bright starts they didn't amount to much at prem level. No simple answer but I always thought in those days we just kept players here to win those games at reserve level rather than loaning them out like other teams did. At least we're doing that now.

Mentality seems to be a big problem aswell so hopefully the restructuring can get some fresh coaches in to try to improve that.

In my opinion, as I have started quite a few times, this group of Suliman, Hepburn-Murphy and Green is the best I have seen, even better than the Delfouneso, Bannan, Albrighton and Clark team, their pinnacle was 07-08 and I witnessed it but this group is much better in my opinion, don't forget Mitchell Clark who is currently 17 years old and on a professional contract

26 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone actually know how he's been getting on at Cheltenham?

Just looking at the league table and I see they're near the bottom and not keeping clean sheets although they are newly promoted.

If he's done alright then a loan to a league one club is the logical step. That would give a much better guide as Toner went to Walsall and he's been abysmal there last 6 weeks (fans booing him off the pitch) so don't think he'll be making it here.

We need to do that anyway rather than just keep loaning him to league 2 as we did that with Janoi Donancien who was highly rated on this forum (maybe just by SGC!) and he didn't really amount to much and now can't get in an Accrington side just above Cheltenham.

Donacien was great in our youth and reserve teams but not quite good enough for our first team. I met him personally when he played for us and he was a very nice guy.

Toner is very good centre back, he's played at Villa Park for our first team and looked like a young Gary Cahill, everyone's different! People adapt at different rates. 

Suliman is brilliant at u23 level, I haven't seen him for Cheltenham sadly but the club obviously think highly of him otherwise they wouldn't have given him a new 3 year contract, he's fantastic!

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

I don't think it is too late, they are an outstanding crop, Easah Suliman, Niall Mason, Andre Green and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, not forgetting Mitchell Clark a 17 year old right back or centre back who is brilliant and is on a professional contract. It's great that we're securing the futures of these great young talents and people :)

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, as I have started quite a few times, this group of Suliman, Hepburn-Murphy and Green is the best I have seen, even better than the Delfouneso, Bannan, Albrighton and Clark team, their pinnacle was 07-08 and I witnessed it but this group is much better in my opinion, don't forget Mitchell Clark who is currently 17 years old and on a professional contract

Sorry SGC, but I think you are overrating Sulliman, RHM and Green. Jerrell Sellars was my pick of last season's youth players and I rated Donacien highly also. If any of the three you mentioned turn out to be better players than Albrighton or Clark I'll be very surprised.

Edited by Michael118

11 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Sorry SGC, but I think you are overrating Sulliman, RHM and Green. Jerrell Sellars was my pick of last season's youth players and I rated Donacien highly also. If any of the three you mentioned turn out to be better players than Albrighton or Clark I'll be very surprised.

I'll say it now and look forward to the surprise ;) it's one 'l' in the Suliman, why do you think I'm overrating them? Have you seen much of them?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

13 hours ago, Michael118 said:

With respect, I think you have been conclusively proven wrong about Donacien. He is approaching his mid-twenties and doesn't play regularly for a team near the bottom of League Two. His professional career will never amount to anything close to Aston Villa. 

Time will tell if Suliman goes the same way. Frankly it hasn't been an auspicious start. 

• Like 1

Our best youth team was surely the 2005 edition.

We produced two premier league winners (although Albrighton came a bit late I think) and also Steven Davis who late in his career has developed into a very good midfielder for Southampton and Norn Iron. And Gabby for all his faults is still a full international and scorer of 70 odd prem goals.

That lot played a bit but still didn't go onto be great players for us so I take SGC's comments with a pinch of salt that this crop is going to be better as a million things can go wrong in the next five years.

At least Xia is addressing things though...that gives me hope that's he's an owner that scrutinies every detail of the club. He could've looked at the last decade and the large number of players from our youth academy that played for the first team and been happy but instead he's asking why the likes of Cahill and Albrighton weren't winning the title with us rather than other teams.

Edited by VillaChris

Easah Suliman and Andre Green have both signed new contracts with the football club , they are outstanding young talents who will only thrive at this football club. Suliman who is 18 years old has been on the bench for the first team in the Carling Cup last year v Notts County I think it was. I've seen Suliman numerous times for the u23s and he's a class above. Andre Green who is 18 years old has had a few cameo appearances in our first team in the Premier League and Championship and has looked more than capable in those. I've seen him in the u23s and he is a great talent with pace, skill and no little determination. I've met his Mother and she is a very pleasant woman. Then, there's Rushian Hepburn-Murphy who I have had the pleasure of meeting at an u23 match, not only is he a brilliant footballer who is a great finisher and he's played 3 times for our first team already so the club have obviously held him in high esteem, he's also a very nice, humble and friendly guy, we need to sign him up soon, look out for them!!!

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

With respect, I think you have been conclusively proven wrong about Donacien. He is approaching his mid-twenties and doesn't play regularly for a team near the bottom of League Two. His professional career will never amount to anything close to Aston Villa. 

Time will tell if Suliman goes the same way. Frankly it hasn't been an auspicious start. 

Not sure about that. He has just turned 23 which is still young especially for a centre back.

He signed with Accrington Stanley initially on a short term deal which was extended until the end of the season. He has played nearly every minute of every game for them since he arrived according to Soccerbase. Scored in his last game for them in October before sustaining an ankle injury which required surgery and which he is still recovering from.

Edited by Michael118

Â