Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

15 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

How did he get on? I feel Ive heard his name for a few years now, but have no idea if hes progressing at all

I didn't see the England u19 game but he's doing well, he's progressing at a good rate. I think he has the necessary talent and application needed to succeed here. I've noticed great improvement in him even since his Cheltenham loan, he has so much potential 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I didn't see the England u19 game but he's doing well, he's progressing at a good rate. I think he has the necessary talent and application needed to succeed here. I've noticed great improvement in him even since his Cheltenham loan, he has so much potential 

Who would you say hes similar to, I heard he can play a bit as well as being a decent defensive prospect 

15 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

Who would you say hes similar to, I heard he can play a bit as well as being a decent defensive prospect 

Yeah, he can, I'd say he's similar to Kocielny in his style but obviously not as good. He's a stylish defender and good on the ball but not only that, he can play too

It'll be interesting to see what the next step is for him at Villa.  He's still quite young in that he only turned 19 in January.  But he now has some serious competition at starting centreback for the U23s from two even younger players in Mitchell Clark who just turned 18 this month and Jacob Bedeau who is the youngest player in that squad (17yo b 24/12/99).  Although when all 3 have played together (@Wol, v Bri), Clark has moved out to the right.

Given that he's established in the England youth setup, you'd think he must have something about him so I'd be surprised if he doesn't find himself more involved in the senior side sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Given that he's established in the England youth setup, you'd think he must have something about him so I'd be surprised if he doesn't find himself more involved in the senior side sooner rather than later.

However, he couldn't establish himself at league 2 Cheltenham town and his loan wasn't extended. 

I hope this lad makes it as much as any other player from the academy, but i think it'll be another 12-18 months before we start to see him coming off the bench for the first team, potentially longer. 

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

However, he couldn't establish himself at league 2 Cheltenham town and his loan wasn't extended. 

I hope this lad makes it as much as any other player from the academy, but i think it'll be another 12-18 months before we start to see him coming off the bench for the first team, potentially longer. 

I think that loans very rarely give a fair reflection of a player's ability, they often get shoehorned into the team in an unknown position. I've seen Suliman numerous times for our u23s and u18s and I think he is a great talent, the fact that he was rewarded with a new 3 year contract recently is testament to that

On 3/28/2017 at 17:26, BOF said:

It'll be interesting to see what the next step is for him at Villa.  He's still quite young in that he only turned 19 in January.  But he now has some serious competition at starting centreback for the U23s from two even younger players in Mitchell Clark who just turned 18 this month and Jacob Bedeau who is the youngest player in that squad (17yo b 24/12/99).  Although when all 3 have played together (@Wol, v Bri), Clark has moved out to the right.

How many young villians are part of the English set up though and dont make it. We always have class under age players who peak in the youth team. Remember the Fonz

4 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

How many young villians are part of the English set up though and dont make it. We always have class under age players who peak in the youth team. Remember the Fonz

True, but I always feel this disclaimer is relevant

* Past performance may not be indicative of future results.

:)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Cheltenham fans don't seem to rate him at all. Compare that to, say, Grealish at Notts County who was a revelation. Will Suliman make it?

Way too early to tell.

Suliman is a centre half, which requires both experience and physicality to be effective (especially in a clogger league where the standard is basic and relies upon strength and experience)

We've seen Baker in similar circumstances, when as a youngster he was loaned to Lincoln. Nowadays, with time,  experience and physical development Baker is arguably a decent CB at this level (and could potentially hold his own in the Prem when we eventually return)

As for Suliman, he's regularly picked to represent England at youth level - this in itself is a little indicator that he has what it takes.

Centre halves, like goal keepers take longer to learn their trade.

Don't write him off just yet Bobzy. let him develop

• Like 3

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

As for Suliman, he's regularly picked to represent England at youth level - this in itself is a little indicator that he has what it takes.

While I agree with everything else you say, this really shouldnt be used to judge a player. Have a look at English players who have represented there country at under 19 level etc and you will see so many dont make it. Add in the fact that English managers at underage level will always pick players from the bigger youth clubs in England it basically means if he starts for Villa at underage he will get games at underage for England. 

I just had a look at 2010 squad and Clyne is the only one who would be considered a star.  Caulker, Baker, James and Matt Phillips are passable. So out of a squad of 18, 4 ok 1 star and the rest rubbish 

Edited by astonaidan

• 3 months later...

I seen a good bit of the England game today, he looks the part. Keep him going in the gym and when on the training pitch get him to learn as much as he can from John Terry. It may still take a couple of years before he is physically ready but he is someone who needs to be given every chance.

• Like 4

Â