Easah Suliman

Villan4Life

24 minutes ago, sne said:

For those who watch the youth games.

Is he good enough to step up to the challenge now with Terry out.

Not really comfortable with Elphick or Richards on the bench.

Or with Samba starting for that matter.

Would be good to see either Suliman or Jacob Bedeau be given a chance now Terry is injured.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

For those who watch the youth games.

Is he good enough to step up to the challenge now with Terry out.

Not really comfortable with Elphick or Richards on the bench.

Or with Samba starting for that matter.

I think he is easily good enough, he's easy on the eye, got a nice controlled style. Noel doesn't think he's good enough but I do, I think the club's decision to hand him a new 3 year contract vindicates that

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he's got a decent chance of being good enough in the future - he's a player with a lot of quality - but right now, he's about 10kg away from being a Championship centre half.

20kg if compared to samba ;)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he's got a decent chance of being good enough in the future - he's a player with a lot of quality - but right now, he's about 10kg away from being a Championship centre half.

When you say that he's 10kg away from being a Championship centre back, do you mean that he's not strong enough? I assume you mean that, could be wrong but I don't think he's a brute, far from it, I think some centre backs are that good that they don't need to be big physically, I think Suliman could be one of those, he reads the game so well

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

When you say that he's 10kg away from being a Championship centre back, do you mean that he's not strong enough? I assume you mean that, could be wrong but I don't think he's a brute, far from it, I think some centre backs are that good that they don't need to be big physically, I think Suliman could be one of those, he reads the game so well

Bruce strikes me as the kind of manager who will go with experience unless he has no other choice - I’d expect samba , elphick and jedinak to be ahead of him , would like to see the lad on the bench at least and get him integrated 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Bruce strikes me as the kind of manager who will go with experience unless he has no other choice - I’d expect samba , elphick and jedinak to be ahead of him , would like to see the lad on the bench at least and get him integrated 

Agreed to an extent but that hasn't been the case with Andre Green

• Like 1

On 05/11/2017 at 22:45, HanoiVillan said:

Winger is a skill position though, young players usually get brought through earlier in those positions than at CB. 

That's an understatement. Experience matters so much more defensively than it does for attackers - you don't get many good CBs under the age of 23 IMO. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/11/2017 at 20:56, The Fun Factory said:

I am looking forward for the next month for  Villa Talkers to demand Suliman to start, and then to have 1 bad game for then to be totally written off. 

LoL..

In all serious though I would like to see a lot of our youth and also backup first teamers picked for the FA cup game, including Sulliman.

Steer, Suliman, Green, Doyle-Hayes, O'Hare & Hepburn Murphy, 

Throw in RDL, Bree, Grealish and 2 other first teamers and that would be a nice run out and a showcase for our youngsters too show what they are capable of.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

LoL..

In all serious though I would like to see a lot of our youth and also backup first teamers picked for the FA cup game, including Sulliman.

Steer, Suliman, Green, Doyle-Hayes, O'Hare & Hepburn Murphy, 

Throw in RDL, Bree, Grealish and 2 other first teamers and that would be a nice run out and a showcase for our youngsters too show what they are capable of.

.....that usually results in a defeat with criticism of the manager not taking the 'magic of the cup' (tm) seriously.

On 2017-11-05 at 17:30, OutByEaster? said:

Could be a good balance if he is paired with Micah Richards then, as he is about 10 kg too heavy from being a Championship centre half!

• 5 weeks later...

Had high hopes for this guy, after winning the world cup.. but if he can't even make a cup game ahead of James Bree at centre back then perhaps i'm wrong.

20 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Had high hopes for this guy, after winning the world cup.. but if he can't even make a cup game ahead of James Bree at centre back then perhaps i'm wrong.

He's a very good centre back, I don't know why he hasn't been given more chances in our first team than he has done

Â