$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Buying Aston Villa and spending 200-300 million to our playing roster is still cheaper than buying some big clubs. So I wonder why no one wants us still.

I'm not at all sure if I understand the FFP correctly, or even at all, but I would think that the point is we can't spend 200-300 million on a new roster under said rules. A contributing reason to why no one wants to buy us. We're a hopeless prospect?

Martin Samuel mentions why would any new owner buy a club with his hands effectively tied behind his back is a very good point.

If you dig further why would fans invest time and money to tread water too. That for me is the bigger question.

Attendances will be dropping across the league as people realise what's the point.

Potential owners are not the only ones thinking where to invest their time and money!

+1 for this, and for the Samuel article.

Combined, I sense the PL and UEFA FFP rules heralding the advancement of a dedicated European Superleague - something I first became aware of back when the Premier League first started. In 1992/93, we probably would have been included in that. Twenty plus years later, clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City have really stolen a march.

Chelsea FFS.

• Like 1

Please keep this thread for discussion of the takeover, not any passing topic that takes your interest. There are plenty of other threads where you can discuss the intricacies of FFP and if there isn't, start a new one.

Martin Samuel mentions why would any new owner buy a club with his hands effectively tied behind his back is a very good point.

If you dig further why would fans invest time and money to tread water too. That for me is the bigger question.

Attendances will be dropping across the league as people realise what's the point.

Potential owners are not the only ones thinking where to invest their time and money!

+1 for this, and for the Samuel article.

Combined, I sense the PL and UEFA FFP rules heralding the advancement of a dedicated European Superleague - something I first became aware of back when the Premier League first started. In 1992/93, we probably would have been included in that. Twenty plus years later, clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City have really stolen a march.

Chelsea FFS.

Imagine if they go forward with this B team proposal as well. Big clubs will dominate, small clubs will stay small, the gap between leagues will be huge and there won't be any progression whatsoever! Just a ruthless circle. 

• Like 1

Didn't someone seem to think that the tour of texas was going to be key? is Anschutz going come out sprinting onto the field of play to declare himself our saviour? I highly doubt it but at least it'll be another theory put to bed if it doesn't happen. It's the Saudi and Chinese links I've got my eyes on.

Who is the Chinese link?
Isn't Hu on first base?

In all seriousness, I have a friend who works at VP and back in April they told me that a Texan wanted to buy us, not plural as in 2 or a consortium, just said a Texan guy wanted to buy us Didn't really take much notice as we all hear rumours from time to time. Not sure how far down the line that's gone with since. At the time it would make sense with the Dallas trip however if, as rumours are, that a deal was close and the plug pulled, then it may have been the same.

Edited by stewiek2

OK here goes.

All i am saying is this.  Do you think it any coincidence we are in Dallas?  Where there are some huge oil companies.  Thats all im saying

• Like 1

OK here goes.

All i am saying is this.  Do you think it any coincidence we are in Dallas?  Where there are some huge oil companies.  Thats all im saying

Oil tends to be based in Houston and they are huge publicly owned corporations that don't tend to buy football clubs? 

Can't see a JR Ewing type buying us really?

OK here goes.

You didn't add a smiley face so I take you still aren't happy....I have nothing else to offer.

OK here goes.

Yes probably just a coincidence.

• Like 4

I could be wrong but I think the suggestion is just that we purposely chose to go on tour in that area to attract interest.

Although I do remember someone on here saying that the preparations for this tour were like nothing they'd ever seen before. We'll see though. I'm sure if anything was going to be announced then the matches would be shown live on AVTV.

OK here goes.

All i am saying is this.  Do you think it any coincidence we are in Dallas?  Where there are some huge oil companies.  Thats all I'm saying. 

Because after the World Cup America may have gained more fans of football and it makes sense to tour there after the buzz. Also we have an american player in our first team and also an american owner…..

OK here goes.

All i am saying is this.  Do you think it any coincidence we are in Dallas?  Where there are some huge oil companies.  Thats all I'm saying. 

Because after the World Cup America may have gained more fans of football and it makes sense to tour there after the buzz. Also we have an american player in our first team and also an american owner…..

In my opinion Richard has only posted that because he knows something, he did the same thing when Richardson signed, 2 hours before he said welcome. If I can remember correctly he's done it even before then.

Not getting excited yet though.

• Like 1

I think Texas is where any potential owner is likely to come from or be associated with in some way. (Owns another club there for example). But, whether the fact we have arranged to go on a pre-season there has anything to do with it, I'm not so sure. Wasn't this pre-season arranged ages ago??