$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I don't have anything new, I've just contacted the same source before about two days. He told me KAB will mostly be in England after Ramadan (which ends after about a week). And he'll have some meetings with his lawyers.

I didn't want to open this until I'm aware of the outcomes of the meetings, But what made me write here now is something which I want to be sure of.

One of my friends got me a gift (An Away shirt) without me knowing. He told me he was going to put a player name (without me asking him why you didn't put) but they said they won't write names until the club is sold. I failed to understand what the relation with that, and what if the club wasn't sold ? 

So I assumed that either my friend didn't understand exactly what's they're saying? or it's really the case.

If it was the case then they're sure that the club will be sold before the beginning of the season, but again no one seem to be fully sure about being sold in this period exactly.

What I want to ask is, have anyone tried to buy a shirt with a player name and found something like this? Because I haven't read nor heard about this thing at all until yesterday when my friend told me and I wasn't really convinced about his understanding. Maybe they weren't sure if certain players are going to stay with the team or not? But even if this is the case I fail to understand if the shop look in these things.

• Like 4

Abdul, if the question you're asking, is if people have had problems when asking for a name to be printed on a new Villa shirt? I highly doubt it. The people who print the shirts are just the people who work in the club shops, they wouldn't have any insight on player transfers or takeovers. When someone in England asks for a name to be put on a shirt, there won't be any arguments.

just interested to know?....what is everyone expecting from this new owner when he/she arrives?

I think what the majority expect is the reason a new owner is not going to arrive anytime soon. The task has become too large.
What do you mean? The club is financially self sufficient, in the black perhaps. In the premier league too, second largest catchment area in the country with virtually no realistic competition.

What's the job?

The job is making us a top 6 team again at the very least. This will require a lot of investment in addition to 200M already spent purchasing the club.
The job according to who though? Is that in the advertisement?

Ok maybe I phrased that incorrectly. If somebody would be prepared to spend 200M on a club then they would want to make them competitive and a top half team. That will require further investment and also need the club to increase revenue.

The task is massive!

Abdul, if the question you're asking, is if people have had problems when asking for a name to be printed on a new Villa shirt? I highly doubt it. The people who print the shirts are just the people who work in the club shops, they wouldn't have any insight on player transfers or takeovers. When someone in England asks for a name to be put on a shirt, there won't be any arguments.

The man who sells the popcorn at the cinema can't tell you what it's like to work with Leonardo DiCaprio.
  • Like 1

One thing about the names on the shirt. The club don't print names and numbers untill they have been given their official number by the club. Official numbers are given out next week.

• Like 1

Abdul, who is partnering and backing KAB (if you can say their names on here)? I have also heard from another poster that a group from Saudi (I assume this is KAB) are at an advanced stage of negotiations to buy the club. Fingers crossed.

Sadly Abdul the fact that so many people have come out with cast iron info, you will have to forgive me for wanting to take what you write with a pinch of salt. However, fair play for putting the info out there. It's still better than discussing who is shitter out of Ellis or Lerner.

Edited by jacketspuds

Didn't someone seem to think that the tour of texas was going to be key? is Anschutz going come out sprinting onto the field of play to declare himself our saviour? I highly doubt it but at least it'll be another theory put to bed if it doesn't happen. It's the Saudi and Chinese links I've got my eyes on.

• Like 1

Didn't someone seem to think that the tour of texas was going to be key? is Anschutz going come out sprinting onto the field of play to declare himself our saviour? I highly doubt it but at least it'll be another theory put to bed if it doesn't happen. It's the Saudi and Chinese links I've got my eyes on.

Strangely enough they were talking about visiting the Dallas Cowboys on AVTV. 

• Like 1

Jerry Jones would be great for revenue and exposure, bad for player and manager acquisitions: imagine MON owning a club and you've got an idea of his personnel policies.

Not convinced he's aware of soccer beyond the revenues that Latin American countries bring to his stadium to fill it up outside of 10 Sundays a year.

Visiting that stadium is par for the course, it's quite the monument to sport. Hell, it's gigantic and a monument in and of itself.

• Like 1

Who is the Chinese link?

Jerry Jones would be great for revenue and exposure, bad for player and manager acquisitions: imagine MON owning a club and you've got an idea of his personnel policies.

Not convinced he's aware of soccer beyond the revenues that Latin American countries bring to his stadium to fill it up outside of 10 Sundays a year.

Visiting that stadium is par for the course, it's quite the monument to sport. Hell, it's gigantic and a monument in and of itself.

I have been there twice, once on a tour and once to catch a game. I will say anyone traveling to Dallas for the match should make the trip to Arlington to see it. It is pretty spectacular.  

Who is the Chinese link?

I don't know if you know who Mysteryman is or not but he used to post here and seemed to be fairly 'ITK' although I'm sure he only got to tell us what the club wanted us to know. Anyway he said on another VIlla forum (H&V) recently that the only interest he was aware of was of a Chinese consortium and that they had the money the only sticking point was that they wanted a six month exclusivity period.

That together with some of the Chinese links the club seem to be forging I thought it might be something worth looking out for.

• Like 2

Buying Aston Villa and spending 200-300 million to our playing roster is still cheaper than buying some big clubs. So I wonder why no one wants us still.

Edited by KSV