$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

according to some this is the lowest point of the history of the football club, so don't worry as things can only get better.

Its the lowest point I'd say in my lifetime certainly. Absolutely nothing to look forward to really. 

Sad Face.

according to some this is the lowest point of the history of the football club, so don't worry as things can only get better.

Although it's not the club's absolute low point, even if it was then that's not how low points work. It can always get worse.

Thought I'd lighten the mood.

Its the lowest point I'd say in my lifetime certainly. Absolutely nothing to look forward to really. 

Sad Face.

The mood will change when we get 3 points at the Britannia next month. Chin up.  :)

I think Clubs Like Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, etc...should all break away to form their own League, and screw Platini and the money grabbing tosspots!

This league already exists - it's called the Championship - where money is scarce and players not quite good enough for the top level dwell. 

I think Clubs Like Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, etc...should all break away to form their own League, and screw Platini and the money grabbing tosspots!

This league already exists - it's called the Championship - where money is scarce and players not quite good enough for the top level dwell. 

Actually not quite, Whilst the likes I mentioned continue to play against the so-called elite clubs, then we are feeding them/helping them raise the bar whilst we get shat on from a great height.

Let's face it, if it wasn't for the Sky moneys the Premier League would not be so attractive to Villa right now.

• Like 1

Although it's not the club's absolute low point, even if it was then that's not how low points work. It can always get worse.

Thought I'd lighten the mood.

you mean there's leagues outside the Premier LeagueTM?!

• Like 1

Sorry but this is far from the lowest the club has got in its history.

What if we have no new owner come the start of the season, Lambert leaves due to lack of funds, and then we get relegated.

No one would want to buy us in the Championship, no manager would want to come to a club that has no funds for new players. Before we know it we will have done a Wolves.

What if we have no new owner come the start of the season, Lambert leaves due to lack of funds, and then we get relegated.

No one would want to buy us in the Championship, no manager would want to come to a club that has no funds for new players. Before we know it we will have done a Wolves.

Of course, it can obviously get a lot worse. Leeds, Wednesday, Forest, Coventry etc etc. I used to follow Chester City as well, they went under. Our situation isn't all that bad. 

For anyone under 30, though, it probably is as bad as it has been in their lifetime. I mean, I'm 28 and I don't remember a lower ebb. Maybe there was one and I've forgotten it, but I don't think so. 

I do agree that it's essential to get the new owner in as soon as possible, but there doesn't seem much chance of that now. I really don't see any reason to believe the situation has changed in any way since Randy's statement. 

Soon more and more people will start following lower league teams and give up on the premier league. I've already started going to MK Dons games and it's so damn enjoyable.

Either that or more people will show an interest in MLS teams.

The premier league is ruined. It really is a pile of crap now

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

The sooner the sky 4 (3 maybe?) Piss off to play in their long awaited european super league. ...and leave the rest if us to play normal football again....with English players, the better

I'm afraid that is a false hope.  The sooner that happens the game is dead.

Soon more and more people will start following lower league teams and give up on the premier league. I've already started going to MK Dons games and it's so damn enjoyable.

I go watch Burton now.  Its fabulous

• Like 3

I've kinda forgot we are up for sale. Focused more now on the new season. Sale will happen when it happens. I doubt any sale will occur during the season though even if a sale is agreed as it'll likely be contingent on survival

• Like 2

Lets be honest. if we were winning regularly and accumulating trophies, I am pretty sure we would not blink an eye about the state of the game. Besides, MK Dons are one of the biggest mockeries of modern football.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Lets be honest. if we were winning regularly and accumulating trophies, I am pretty sure we would not blink an eye about the state of the game. Besides, MK Dons are one of the biggest mockeries of modern football.

They have a great ground, play some good stuff, sometimes, and there is a whole bunch of English lads playing the game the way it should be and going in hard on tackles and not giving a freekick away every 5 seconds. It's just different , cheap and they are fighting to get somewhere.

Anyway, yes, if we were winning trophies and more than 7 games a season I would be a lot happier... But we're not, and seemingly never will sooooo. The game is a mess at the moment and the premier league is at the forefront for all that is dreadful about modern day football.

Wolves who, ironically, have just had a much more enjoyable season than we have.

Late 60s was lower and when we got relegated in 87/88 Taylor took over and said the club was a shambles and I think we were getitng about 13k gates..