$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The only thing Lambert deserves is a public flogging for dishing up two full seasons of utter dross

Even McLeish couldn't top that

Those Aresenal, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea games were utter dross indeed!

• Like 1

The only thing Lambert deserves is a public flogging for dishing up two full seasons of utter dross

The other 70-80 odd games were pretty poor though.

Edited by limvillian

The other 70-80 odd games were pretty poor though.

Piss off to the Lambert thread eh chaps?

This thread is for the hand wringing and panicking about the status of US private jets.

OK, I want to be sure I understand this thread.  According to FFP, if we sell 14 players for 2 million pounds each but then buy 3 for 1 million euro each, then get one on loan for half a million dollars, given the current exchange rate we'll have made a profit or loss of one Roy Keane ITV contract, unless the FFP lets us keep Lambert whose record is either bad but not his fault, or doesn't matter whose fault it is because it's bad so the manager must go.  All of which depends on whether we are applying the euro FFP, the BPL FFP, or the difference between abuse and bullying? 

Have I got it, or am I in the wrong thread again?

• Like 1

A type of takeover by the Saudis or Dubai is still going to result in more income via big sponsorship deals which run close to the limits of FFP. Which is exactly the kind of owners we want. It can mean circa 40-50 million per year more in income which translates into an extra 80-100mil worth of players we can afford in our squad. 

What you have to remember is that Dubai already are very visible in football with the Fly Emirates sponsorship of Real Madrid, Arsenal, PSG and NY Cosmos to name a few. I doubt any one from Dubai would buy us to further their exposure in the football world?

As for Saudi, other than the prestige, they do not really want to publicise Saudi which is pretty much a closed Kingdom other than to Muslims. The only Western visitors are business or work related and the rules on these are pretty restrictive. Therefore I'm not sure what they would be promoting?

My estimates are pretty solid here. If we get a big Middle Eastern buyout he can spend £160 million on new players in next 2/3 seasons (post remaining bomb squad departures) and only require us to end in the top 8 without falling foul of FFP. What is required is an assisted sponsorship that is at the edge of FFP rules and owner with 500-600 million ready to plough into the project (200-300mil to buy club and pay off loans to Lerner + 200 mil or so on player transfers, plus remainder on ground improvements etc..) 

Oh dear please read the FFP rules your so far off

Don't be so lazy, read my previous and detailed posts in the previous two pages. You simply read the £160 mil number in my post and you realised that number was bigger than the Prem FFP number of 105 mil and UEFAs of 45 mil. *sigh*  :huh:

Let's hope we get an owner so rich that any fines issued because we broke FFP are small change!! I think moaning about what can be spent and what can't is extremely premature!!

• Like 1

I wish everyone would stop talking about FFP. This is the takeover thread for gods sake!! No-one cares about the French Farting Police.

• Like 4

I wish we had some news to talk about.  Not sure how much I can take of this FFP talk.

We need more TheTrees spotting news!

Or just news...? I can write something on Twitter if you like.

A part of me has considered coming on here and simply making something up (plausible though, unlike certain others in the past...) just to see how long it takes for jokers like AVFC Transfer Tweet to pick it up.

• Like 1

i forgot about those, almost makes the other 70 odd dismal loads of shit irrelevant don't they ?

that kind of comment is what i'd expect of a plucky second tier club that've got relegated but had a few memorable cup afternoons