$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Let's hope we get an owner so rich that any fines issued because we broke FFP are small change!! I think moaning about what can be spent and what can't is extremely premature!!

Your right I did, but you can forget the 105m because the real rules are the 45m euros over three years aka 37m quid who on earth wants to spend 105m to be ok with Premier League rules then get a big fine for qualifying for Europe? Answer no one it makes it pointless and a vicious circle. Pure fantasy.

Your not going to get much different than now under a new owner other than the possibility of us being run better

What we need from new owners is a combination of increasing our Academy reach, set up a link with a foreign and/or lower league club to loan players to. Combined with investing in transfer funds to the playing squad. The right combination of this is what we need. 

As far as FFP rules state, academy players obviously have no amortisation involved, while amortisation of signed players is transfer fee split over life of initial contract. So any player who signs an extension and remains beyond the length of initial contract (say 4 years) no longer incurs an amortisation cost to the club. 

What I'm saying is, Villa are in a superb position for any new owner to invest in. We've got 4 of bomb squad left hurting us with amortisation, we'll then have a near clean slate for a new owner to build from. As long as the right team is put in to run the club at all levels.

Your not going to get much different than now under a new owner other than the possibility of us being run better

Rubbish. There is no way that all we can afford to sign under FFP rules are the likes of Holt on loan and players like helenius, tonev and sylla.

You're trying to use FFP to justify the way Lerner has run the club up to this point. Reality is we've run on the cheap to make sure lerner's loss is minimal.

Lerner had to make the changes he has in previous few seasons as FFP and more importantly making the club attractive to a new owner.

What people don't see is how we are unique in our starting point. A clean slate where we know the rules of the game now and we can build a club specifically for it. We need to extend our academy reach to all of the Midlands and further. Any profits from sales are added to our p&l in terms of FFP. 

We don't have any big hangovers of transfer fee amortisation plaguing our books like so many other clubs will have, nor will we have a high wage bill to contend with. We can make a proper sustained growth for the club. 

• Like 2

If he was trying to justify that he wouldn't have said "other than the possibility of us being run better".

He's trying to justify the level of investment that's been put in under lerner by using FFP as a reason for it. The notion that this level of spending is all we could ever hope to see is rubbish.

If he was trying to justify that he wouldn't have said "other than the possibility of us being run better".

He's trying to justify the level of investment that's been put in under lerner by using FFP as a reason for it. The notion that this level of spending is all we could ever hope to see is rubbish.

But FFP had an effect on our spending, but not as much imo as Lerners desire to make the club as attractive to new buyers as possible. 

Clubs like Spurs with the near total waste of Bale money (all trasfer fee blown and now I'd suspect a tripling / quadrupling or worse of his former cost in Wages and Everton are there for the taking imo over the next 3/4 years. 

Everton simply don't have the revenue, will always be in the shadow of Liverpool now that rival has proper management. Then we've a lot of temporary teams up there like Southampton, Newcastle...

We have the Midlands at our mercy, a population base we can tap in support and academy talent. A future improved rail link to London down the line only strengthens the clubs future in 10-20 years time. 

When clubs need to make money and live within that we need to build our base, and create international links. To do this we need a vastly wealthy and connected owner, who can then go out and get a top class team in place to run the club.

remember, every penny spent on youth and academy doesn't count towards FFP. We can go start an satellite academy in Nottingham if we want and let it feed up to us. 

But as I said, to make this project work we need someone who has 600 million in mind to plough into the project. Once we've a train of young talented players coming in via signings that yield profitable resale or via youth we can merge that with expensive signings to fill the remaining gaps in the team and push forward.

I really think our club is now either on the brink of a bright future or just one of the numbers. If an owner doesn't have a big plan for next 5 years with cash to back it up we'll never get near to top 5 again.

abdulaziz was adamant that Baltan has been trying to buy is and is in actual negoitiations with RL. I don't think he is one to make things up.

Might have missed it but who is Baltan?

Ex Chairman of a Saudi Football Club Al Shabaab i think it is. Backed by a Saudi Prince I believe.

abdulaziz was adamant that Baltan has been trying to buy is and is in actual negoitiations with RL. I don't think he is one to make things up.

Might have missed it but who is Baltan?

Ex Chairman of a Saudi Football Club Al Shabaab i think it is. Backed by a Saudi Prince I believe.

Hope not.  :unsure:

The Prince who backs Khaled Al-Baltan at Al-Shabab apparently offered Brigitte Nielsen a million dollars to sleep with him. I wonder if Baltan would have anything to do with the guy who was linked last week, Arif (?)

The Prince who backs Khaled Al-Baltan at Al-Shabab apparently offered Brigitte Nielsen a million dollars to sleep with him. I wonder if Baltan would have anything to do with the guy who was linked last week, Arif (?)

Brigitte Nielsen of all people ffs. :puke:

Brigitte Nielsen of all people ffs. :puke:

Did she say yes?

If not, then he's a cheapskate for only offering $1million to sleep with his dream woman.     Even Robert Redford offered $1mill for 1 night with Demi Moore back in 1993.  

Al-Baltan out.   :P

• Like 1

Few quick points on advantages of mega rich owners ala Saudi Prince etc..

1) No need for loans, cash can be injected as equity for spending. Only FFP implication is player wages / transfer fee amortisation. 

2) Can get very favourable and slighly dubiously high levels of sponsorship. City had £121 million in commercial income in 2011-12 season for example. 

3) The quality of management team that can be brought in at board level will be high due to easy added payments off the clubs official books. ie People who work for a parent company can be paid millions by them and only 150k by Villa.

Most importantly City's recent FFP fine was due to a breach over the 3 year average of 45 million euro losses. (They lost 100mil in 11-12 and 52 mil in 12-13 so unless they made a 130 mil profit last season they fell foul of FFP also their wage bill is 88% of turn over which is also not allowed (70% is limit))

So that 121 mil from 2012 grew to 143 mil in 2013 accounts. then there was the actual dodgy part of 47 mil in sale of "intellectual property".

Basically City went gung ho with wages and player signings and then FFP is reeling them back. We can get up to 250 mil in income within 3 year legally and without falling foul of FFP. 

That is a huge level of money we can rival a large number of teams with.

• Like 1