$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I think there are hands on the table. My friend is confident, so I am too. He did say he hears different info from the club each day though. Says it is confusing and almost deliberate.

I am sure someone said the club were purposefully leaking potentially misleading info?

Reckon they were behind the Dunkin Donuts thing last week?

No doubt it was some crackpot scheme conjured up by some mischevious individuals.  The hole thing left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Whatever happens this summer let’s stay positive:

• Lerner has put the club up for sale which the majority of fans want
  • Lambert’s three most expensive signings were not available for most of last season. Kozak and Okore should both be available from the start
  • Lambert has proven he can keep us in the Premiership on a shoestring. I accept the last few weeks/months was relegation form but the season is not decided in a few weeks
  • Bent, Hutton and N’Zogbia are back. I don’t rate any of them but at their best, everyone has to admit they are better than what we have. Certainly midtable quality. Effectively 3 new signings right there.
  • Indications are that Lambert will have up to £15 million to spend. These are all rumours but even so, let’s wait and see. He may have more if he reduces the wage bill further, who knows
  • Lambert doesn’t need a full squad (in his opinion at least) like he has the last two seasons. I expect fewer signings and far higher quality. Lambert has given an indication he will be looking for proven quality in his signings
  • Benteke is forced to stay this summer

Back on topic – Nobody knows what Lerner is thinking. We have seen lots of opinions thrown around several hundred pages of puns.

Personally, I don’t think Lerner will want to sell unless he feels the person is right for Villa. He’s not exactly broke and he’s not exactly investing a lot of time into Villa these days. He can sit back and wait for the right person. I’ve no backup or source, that’s my opinion.

The speculation on this thread is comical. Some dodgy ITKs and some excellent detective work. In the end nobody knows for sure what the current status is, at least nobody on this website (and certainly not TBAR).

I do believe we (read: this forum and/or the press) will hear about the takeover before it becomes official.

We heard about Lerner taking over before a statement was released by the club and months before it was official (did the FA need to approve or perhaps the delay was on the stock market)

TLDR: Chill, I don’t think we will be relegated. It might be a boring summer for transfers but we have the World Cup to enjoy.

Lambert has said Today Kozak won't be ready for the start of the season [bit odd as its a break - 6 weeks to heal ?]

I really think we will know the name of owner long before it becomes official - it will leak out - I don't think you will log onto the OS and find we have new owners  - chances we have no substantial link - as there is no one in the frame to buy as at present...

I think there are hands on the table. My friend is confident, so I am too. He did say he hears different info from the club each day though. Says it is confusing and almost deliberate.

I've said for some time that I believe Lerner has at least one offer on the table and I think the reason he went public is that he wants to see who else is interested before he sells.

I still believe he has the club at heart but has been stung from the mon years and knew he didn't have the money to invest. He may have an offer from someone with a net worth of a couple of billion, but wants to see if there is anyone with more, like the Arabs, that want a football club to help us achieve that CL dream. I think come the end of this month we'll find out more as I think his timeline would be about up.

Also for those asking how long a deal takes, it all depends on the parties involved, it could be done in as little as 2-3 weeks or it could stretch to months. If you are a billionaire wanting to buy a football club, there really isn't that much due diligence to do...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/477369/Paul-Lambert-DESPERATE-to-keep-Aston-Villa-s-stars-as-Randy-Lerner-caps-spending

Has anyone read this yet?

Lambert was told months in advance by Lerner that he was intending to sell but had to keep it private until the official announcement.

"It was my job to protect the club, that's what I did," said Lambert. "How did I feel when I went over to New York at the weekend to speak with Randy Lerner? Tired. It had all been on my shoulders, all the problems of the season, I had to protect everything and I did that.

"Even if we were to get off to a flyer to the new season, I don't think it would change Randy Lerner's mind about selling. The chairman has been great and honest but I don't think it'll change his mind.

"With regard to selling players, Randy will let me decide. You have to understand and respect his good work here. That shouldn't be overlooked. But you have to respect he wants to do his own thing.

"When the new owners come in they will judge what I've done with their own eyes.

"I've never been one to be self-centred. The most important thing is this club. All I can do is my best. It's really unsettling but it is what it is. You can't change it.

"I'm relieved it's out there, I knew what was happening but my job was to protect everything.

"I don't regret anything. If it all ended tomorrow you would take an unbelievable experience. The pressure is big, but there's always something good to come out of it and Aston Villa can be big again."

line 1.  A blow to the "the first act toward selling the club happened on the monday after the season ended, nothing was in place or done before then." theory.

line 2.  Lambert does see himself as the guardian of Villa's status in an environment of very restricted by finances.

line 3.  He does not think the restrictions are reversible as long as RL is the owner.

line 4.  He's hoping that Lambert will continue to vouch for him as a loyal employee that does the best possible under the owners directives without complaining or undermining the owner.  (as one who hires people, that's not a bad recommendation at all)

the rest, he's basically repeating the 2nd,3rd, 4th, point.

I read that today and it certainly confirms that the club has been for sale for sometime. The tone of RL's statement and his actions have pointed to this being the case for a while, its good that Lambert has confirmed this as you point out and hopefully something is in the offing soon. Given the restricted finances PL has had to work under he has (just about) achieved what was expected of him - to ensure our premiership status for another season - and for that I am grateful to PL. I feel for him in some ways, as others have pointed out he has got on with the job in a dignified manner. Whether he deserves another chance or not is probably for another thread but in some ways it would be harsh on him. Personally I hope we get in owners with the right ambition and footballing know-how to make this decision for themselves and to make the right one for AVFC to move forward and not listen to what RL thinks makes a good football manager.

Normally I don't make comments that have a conspiratorial theory but here's one.

When something is uncertain and maybe not going to happen soon - we use the term 'IF the new owners come in' but the term used was 'WHEN the new owners come in' which to me is sooner rather than later. Just saying and fueling the fire!

I like your positivity and I hope this is the case. However, I wouldn't hang on to Lambert's words and confidence that he would use the correct terms in the first place. Our attempt at decoding his comments in the Pat Murphy interview is testament to this!  :)

Monday seems like the best day for news, we found out we were up for sale on a Monday & Trees told us last week about the Law firm on a Monday. Have a good weekend guys 

• Like 1

Monday seems like the best day for news, we found out we were up for sale on a Monday & Trees told us last week about the Law firm on a Monday. Have a good weekend guys 

Maybe, but this Monday is a Bank Holiday in the UK. Don't be too disappointed on here if we hear **** all until Tuesday...

Yes, have a good weekend all.

Maybe, but this Monday is a Bank Holiday in the UK. Don't be too disappointed on here if we hear **** all until Tuesday...

Yes, have a good weekend all.

Monday is Memorial Day in the US, so nothing will be announced then either.

There is a special edition of Red Bull for this weekend's Monaco GP. The can is claret and blue....

• Like 2

There is a special edition of Red Bull for this weekend's Monaco GP. The can is claret and blue....

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!