$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

At this present time no one wants a premier league for what Randy is asking, did he actually say he wants 200 mill or is that speculation?

Speculation. I'd say he'll take what he can get.

At this present time no one wants a premier league for what Randy is asking, did he actually say he wants 200 mill or is that speculation?

Maybe - but I think lowering the price would attract the wrong sort of bidder - any decent bidder will get a professional valuation - so I really don't see the asking price as the problem. Its more the fact who has £200m + money to revive our fortunes - but is unlikley to ever show a profit on that investment - we are looking for someone with millions to burn , unfortunately those people seem mainly attracted to London clubs  ........lets just hope for the best

During his Radio Four interview Keith Harris stated that if someone comes in with a bid then a they can get it done very quickly if they want to.

If I turned up at Villa Park tomorrow morning with £200,000,000 cash, I'm pretty sure I'd own the club within a few weeks.

Harris also mentioned it took Roman Abramovich six days (rather than six months) to conclude a deal to buy Chelsea. I am sure there are other examples of takeovers taking less than six months too.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

AVFC is on lock down about any potential sale. The only way a journalist will know anything is if AVFC tell them. About two months ago every journalist was saying that we are not for sale

• Like 1

AVFC is on lock down about any potential sale. The only way a journalist will know anything is if AVFC tell them. About two months ago every journalist was saying that we are not for sale

Except Wyatt.

What baffles me is that before 12th May nobody in the media leaked/said anything about a takeover following Lerner's statement in April.

It has been 11 days since Lerner admitted he is selling up and all of a sudden the media know shit loads and a fair few fans are panicking that we haven't been sold yet.

No positive news from the club is a bit shit bit it's only been 12 days since the season ended. If we are still in this position at the end of the World Cup I will be worried but for now nobody really knows what is going on.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 3

i dont think their is a buyer,maybe RL had found one but its a dead deal now

RL has laid his intention hence another year of the current manager being given a championship budget to keep the club in the Premier League,

the bomb squad is welcomed back says it all. i dont expect a buyer for a year or two,were stuck with RL & hes stuck with avfc

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/477369/Paul-Lambert-DESPERATE-to-keep-Aston-Villa-s-stars-as-Randy-Lerner-caps-spending

Has anyone read this yet?

Lambert was told months in advance by Lerner that he was intending to sell but had to keep it private until the official announcement.

"It was my job to protect the club, that's what I did," said Lambert. "How did I feel when I went over to New York at the weekend to speak with Randy Lerner? Tired. It had all been on my shoulders, all the problems of the season, I had to protect everything and I did that.

"Even if we were to get off to a flyer to the new season, I don't think it would change Randy Lerner's mind about selling. The chairman has been great and honest but I don't think it'll change his mind.

"With regard to selling players, Randy will let me decide. You have to understand and respect his good work here. That shouldn't be overlooked. But you have to respect he wants to do his own thing.

"When the new owners come in they will judge what I've done with their own eyes.

"I've never been one to be self-centred. The most important thing is this club. All I can do is my best. It's really unsettling but it is what it is. You can't change it.

"I'm relieved it's out there, I knew what was happening but my job was to protect everything.

"I don't regret anything. If it all ended tomorrow you would take an unbelievable experience. The pressure is big, but there's always something good to come out of it and Aston Villa can be big again."

line 1.  A blow to the "the first act toward selling the club happened on the monday after the season ended, nothing was in place or done before then." theory.

line 2.  Lambert does see himself as the guardian of Villa's status in an environment of very restricted by finances.

line 3.  He does not think the restrictions are reversible as long as RL is the owner.

line 4.  He's hoping that Lambert will continue to vouch for him as a loyal employee that does the best possible under the owners directives without complaining or undermining the owner.  (as one who hires people, that's not a bad recommendation at all)

the rest, he's basically repeating the 2nd,3rd, 4th, point.

I read that today and it certainly confirms that the club has been for sale for sometime. The tone of RL's statement and his actions have pointed to this being the case for a while, its good that Lambert has confirmed this as you point out and hopefully something is in the offing soon. Given the restricted finances PL has had to work under he has (just about) achieved what was expected of him - to ensure our premiership status for another season - and for that I am grateful to PL. I feel for him in some ways, as others have pointed out he has got on with the job in a dignified manner. Whether he deserves another chance or not is probably for another thread but in some ways it would be harsh on him. Personally I hope we get in owners with the right ambition and footballing know-how to make this decision for themselves and to make the right one for AVFC to move forward and not listen to what RL thinks makes a good football manager.

Normally I don't make comments that have a conspiratorial theory but here's one.

When something is uncertain and maybe not going to happen soon - we use the term 'IF the new owners come in' but the term used was 'WHEN the new owners come in' which to me is sooner rather than later. Just saying and fueling the fire!

• Like 2

As I was saying to you guys yesterday, Doogan and the PR boys will be doing there utmost to keep any dealings under wraps.

If you think about it, even the best guys in the business such as Kendrick, don't know what is going to come out from Villa one day to the next. Take this week. We've gone from Lambert saying he knows nothing, to the bomb squad will be made available to now Lambert knows what the hell is going on. 

What Charlie is saying might be true, but lets look at Fulham for a second. They was sold on the 12th of July, their sale took no more than 6 weeks as I remember. The other factor you have to throw in here is Al Fayed is understood to have asked financier Keith Harris to find a buyer for the club. Harris assisted in the takeovers that led to Randy Lerner coming in at Aston Villa. 

People are overacting to what Charlie said last night. The deal fell through with one deal as Lerner moved the goal posts. If you look at what Admin said this is spot on. The fact Charlie and Co are not getting any information on the dealings is frustrating to them as they need this information to write stories. But, they do not understand it makes us nervous and uneasy when you see stuff like that being written on twitter feeds etc. 

I am confident something is in the pipeline? Very much so. Villa are keeping things seriously close to their chest. They don't want anything being leaked until the ink is dry.

Question for you guys, as we know Faulkner is on the board of directors now at the F.A. - he didn't look to happy from the photos of him at the cup final. But here's my question, IF Faulkner goes to the World Cup in a few weeks time with the F.A., what's your reaction or how would you sum that up?
  • Like 1

As I was saying to you guys yesterday, Doogan and the PR boys will be doing there utmost to keep any dealings under wraps.

Thats must be one of the easiest jobs in football !

Quick further evidence there's nothing happening so just hit full denial mode and call all journalists idiots who know less then us! No buyer for the villa? Ridiculous! I'm season ticket holder in the doug Ellis but I just want people to realise what's happening a d not leave the protests until it's too late