$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

During his Radio Four interview Keith Harris stated that if someone comes in with a bid then a they can get it done very quickly if they want to.

If I turned up at Villa Park tomorrow morning with £200,000,000 cash, I'm pretty sure I'd own the club within a few weeks.

Harris also mentioned it took Roman Abramovich six days (rather than six months) to conclude a deal to buy Chelsea. I am sure there are other examples of takeovers taking less than six months too.

Fulham was less than 6 weeks and Rovers was round 3 as I remember. Simply enough, the media ain't being feed anything.

How can anybody say that fans are over reacting? 4 relegation battles in a row. An owner that has wanted to sell the club for god knows how long. 2 or 3 key players with one year left on their contracts. No sign of a takeover in sight. But if a fan says they are worried they are over reacting. I would really like to know what state we need to be in before we should be worried.

My worry isn't how long it will take. My worry is it won't happen at all.

• Like 2

Fulham was less than 6 weeks and Rovers was round 3 as I remember. Simply enough, the media ain't being feed anything.

And how exactly do you know these time frames? It is hardly stuff in the public domain.

As for Rovers, if you mean Blackburn Rovers I guess that is possible given they didn't do due diligence and didn't even know about relegation.

I don't think a sale of the club before the start of the season is at all likely.

How can anybody say that fans are over reacting? 4 relegation battles in a row. An owner that has wanted to sell the club for god knows how long. 2 or 3 key players with one year left on their contracts. No sign of a takeover in sight. But if a fan says they are worried they are over reacting. I would really like to know what state we need to be in before we should be worried.

My worry isn't how long it will take. My worry is it won't happen at all.

Dont you know? Ur not supposed to worry. Just believe that something is in the pipeline. Thats the way it works. You get into trouble for being realistic and worried.

Edited by Craigy1874

True or not, how could a potential deal take 6 months to complete?

Exactly - Lerner did the deal in around three months and we were a listed company then so had to follow certain listing formalities. A deal could be done in under two months quite easily based my experience of acquisitions as its not really that complicated.

TucoOPTI.jpg

Rename the thread £200 million Tuco-ver.

That's a good Juan

Oh dear, what have I started?

EDIT: 

Somebody needs to photoshop this on to our shirt to see what it will look like with our new sponsors

Los-Pollos-Hermanos.jpg

Edited by niblot

I heard from a mate CNZ was fantastic last night. On the highlights as well for that chance that gabby and benteke fluffed CNZ was the man who beat the two City players to cross the ball in (even if it was chested down by Lescott). He also had brilliant awareness to nip behind that City defender and tap in the rebound to get the 3rd goal.

Needs to be consistent though!

I'm also worried that we will get another abject owner interested in making a quick buck.

I heard from a mate CNZ was fantastic last night. On the highlights as well for that chance that gabby and benteke fluffed CNZ was the man who beat the two City players to cross the ball in (even if it was chested down by Lescott). He also had brilliant awareness to nip behind that City defender and tap in the rebound to get the 3rd goal.

Needs to be consistent though!

I'm also worried that we will get another abject owner interested in making a quick buck.

Agree - but what has a charles Nzog performance 18 months ago got to do with it ?

• Like 3

"IF Faulkner goes to the World Cup in a few weeks time with the F.A., what's your reaction or how would you sum that up?" I think if he gets an invite from the FA he will go as will all of those free loaders on the FA gravy train mini-beest. I very much doubt that he has any future at Villa Park under a new owner or that his being in B6 or Rio would have any impact on whether a deal to sell the club goes through or does not.  

I think there are hands on the table. My friend is confident, so I am too. He did say he hears different info from the club each day though. Says it is confusing and almost deliberate.

• Like 2

I think there are hands on the table. My friend is confident, so I am too. He did say he hears different info from the club each day though. Says it is confusing and almost deliberate.

I am sure someone said the club were purposefully leaking potentially misleading info?

I am sure someone said the club were purposefully leaking potentially misleading info?

Muddy waters, that is why we are getting differing stories from the press.

The metro are saying that we shouldn't panic as a deal may be closer than we think where other sources are saying there is no buyer lined up.

"IF Faulkner goes to the World Cup in a few weeks time with the F.A., what's your reaction or how would you sum that up?" I think if he gets an invite from the FA he will go as will all of those free loaders on the FA gravy train mini-beest. I very much doubt that he has any future at Villa Park under a new owner or that his being in B6 or Rio would have any impact on whether a deal to sell the club goes through or does not.  

with the way the world works now he could be sat on Copacabana beach in his budgie smugglers, beer in the one hand, mobile device in the other

id love a holiday where i dont actually do any work related phone calls or emails for the whole 2 weeks

id reject any concept that if he's in brazil with the FA he's not doing his job at villa, if anything id actually say that maybe its not a bad thing that he's in the epicenter of it all, he'll no doubt meet players, agents, representatives from other clubs, potential sponsors, potential links etc networking as the kids like to call it

• Like 2

Reckon they were behind the Dunkin Donuts thing last week?