$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Ive just found out there was in fact one buyer around about 3 months ago who was interested. But eventually pulled out.

Not much, but still shows that RL has been on the lookout secretly for a while now. Just now he's gone public with it, it should hopefully attract a few more...

Where'd you heard this? Even if true, it doesn't mean that deal haven't resumed since or we don't have new buyer. If it's true that Rich is buying us, it could be that Lerner called off the deal with original buyers to make a deal with Rich as he might trust him more with our club than people he doesn't know.

As I've said, I'll get worried if we don't have new owners or even official confirmation that we're being bought by the end of world cup.

Someone from inside the club. Doesn't like giving too much info though as it could cost them their job. Nothing to do with my bro though.

But no, I've heard since that there is no buyer and we are still looking.

Cheers Kev.

This does link in with PL interview and the return of the bomb squad. I think it will be next summer when we benefit from new ownership. Lets hope we can survive the season.

Anytime. But hmm I dunno man. Dont know if we can survive another season.

Like Randy, and any other owner tbf, wont invest if he knows he now wants out, but he surely will have to invest to ensure we stay in the Premier league as that will mess up his chances of getting a decent sale. Really hoping we get it done ASAP

Maybe there is more chance of somebody investing in us once we are a Championship team. Lerner will have no choice but to drop the asking price considerably and taking a massive loss.

At least someone's having fun. Our once great club had been turned in to the laughing stock of the premier league. Makes me sick.

Slight over reaction???

I don't think so. In my time as a fan can't think of a worse squad or worse circumstances as we face now. Relegation next season is certain.

Ridiculous statement

At least someone's having fun. Our once great club had been turned in to the laughing stock of the premier league. Makes me sick.

Slight over reaction???

I don't think so. In my time as a fan can't think of a worse squad or worse circumstances as we face now. Relegation next season is certain.

Ridiculous statement

Why is it?

Ive just found out there was in fact one buyer around about 3 months ago who was interested. But eventually pulled out.

Not much, but still shows that RL has been on the lookout secretly for a while now. Just now he's gone public with it, it should hopefully attract a few more...

Where'd you heard this? Even if true, it doesn't mean that deal haven't resumed since or we don't have new buyer. If it's true that Rich is buying us, it could be that Lerner called off the deal with original buyers to make a deal with Rich as he might trust him more with our club than people he doesn't know.

As I've said, I'll get worried if we don't have new owners or even official confirmation that we're being bought by the end of world cup.

Someone from inside the club. Doesn't like giving too much info though as it could cost them their job. Nothing to do with my bro though.

But no, I've heard since that there is no buyer and we are still looking.

Cheers Kev.

This does link in with PL interview and the return of the bomb squad. I think it will be next summer when we benefit from new ownership. Lets hope we can survive the season.

Anytime. But hmm I dunno man. Dont know if we can survive another season.

Like Randy, and any other owner tbf, wont invest if he knows he now wants out, but he surely will have to invest to ensure we stay in the Premier league as that will mess up his chances of getting a decent sale. Really hoping we get it done ASAP

I agree. I'm sure he'll be reluctant to spend but i don't think he has much choice. If we did get relegated, Randy would have to drop the asking price considerably, maybe even taking the club of the market until we got back into the prem. It's going to be an interesting few months. Thank Mcgrath for the World cup to take our mind of things.

• Like 1

You say relegation is a certainty next season.

Unless we get new ownership I think it is. Way to much uncertainty over an already poor squad will cost us this year. Hey all in my opinion. Obviously be more than happy to be proven wrong.

One of the many problems with rumors is that even though they appear to come from multiple sources, but are, in fact, the same rumor being repeated.

Point being, even though the "we had a buyer at the table. But not any more." Rumor from multiple sources, it's still just a rumor, so, not substantially more likely than the oil sheikh.

I keep repeating the aboveboard to myself, over and over again.

I will be betting on it if there is no takeover before the window closes yes. A few thousand pounds no. That would create a conflict of interests in my head.

But if it's a certainty then there is no conflict of interest because you already know what's going to happen.

It's so frustrating that all the press and Media claimed during the season If we stay up we get a dream takeover and now when the season has ended and we are still a premier league club all the press have changed it to "no buyer" and "minimum of 6 months"

The day Lerner released the statement Bryan Swanson (skysports) said Randy wanted to sell within 6 weeks. We are currently only 2 weeks into those 6 weeks and the signs are that there is something happening in the background (Banks, Kieth Harris etc).

If at the end of the world cup still no updates or leaks then I will be very worried though.

It'll be a shame if it doesn't get done as quickly as possible but if we still have no news after the World Cup I won't be worried that nothing is going to happen. There could be reasons for it. Don't think we should just sell to anyone, need to get the right buyer.

It's so frustrating that all the press and Media claimed during the season If we stay up we get a dream takeover and now when the season has ended and we are still a premier league club all the press have changed it to "no buyer" and "minimum of 6 months"

The day Lerner released the statement Bryan Swanson (skysports) said Randy wanted to sell within 6 weeks. We are currently only 2 weeks into those 6 weeks and the signs are that there is something happening in the background (Banks, Kieth Harris etc).

If at the end of the world cup still no updates or leaks then I will be very worried though.

Don't forget Mister K said that there's buyer and it'd take 4-6 weeks to complete the deal, and Mister D confirmed that Rich is the buyer, with backers. I'd trust them more than what press and media says who never knows **** all what goes on in B6.

Still confident. I do find it strange I can't find a name though. But then, Randy is known to vmbe secretive and its not like he has to announce anything.

Yeah, one thing is IMO certain, we won't hear anything from Villa's side until they're ready to announce the sale, if it's gonna leak from anywhere, it's from the buyers side just before the announcement as they're gonna also make it as certain as possible that their name would get out.

Edited by Jarpie

I think everyone is a bit of doom and gloom because everyone thought a deal was imminent due to lies and fake ITKs on TBAR.

Still have a sneaky feeling something will be done. Well I hope so anyway for the sake of my health browsing through each page and checking the thread every 10 minutes hoping for news

Still confident. I do find it strange I can't find a name though. But then, Randy is known to vmbe secretive and its not like he has to announce anything.

Yeah, one thing is IMO certain, we won't hear anything from Villa's side until they're ready to announce the sale, if it's gonna leak from anywhere, it's from the buyers side just before the announcement as they're gonna also make it as certain as possible that their name would get out.

:thumb:

That said, I have a funny feeling the new owners might end up being from outside America (even though things point to America - even from what little I do know), I just have a feeling and don't know why.

I also had a feeling Derby would win today, so my gut tells lies.

• Like 1