$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

It is a bit isn't it. Sad thing is we haven't had any concrete news. Most of the chit chat has been speculation and ITK info. Nobody knows whats going on.

I do love the speculation, the supposed or real ITKs, the WUMs which all boils down down to the simple fact that I suspect very few people know what is going on. There will just be a magic circle of RL, PF, the rest of the Board and their advisors. I very much doubt PL know that much although I could see him being part of that circle as he had to trail all the way to the States last weekend.

I will share the little bit of ITK that I have heard. My other half works with a lady who is married to someone who works at the club in a semi senior position. He and all his colleagues think that Lambert went to the States meet the new owner and agree his new contract. I know who the person at the club is, in fact I see him at VP most match days although he does not know me. He categorically would not be privy to detailed information. The only reason I am posting it is that it suggests that those at the club know just as little as us.

Personally I think its rubbish and as I have said a few times I think there is no buyer lined up and we are at the early stages of a probably quite protracted sale process.

At least someone's having fun. Our once great club had been turned in to the laughing stock of the premier league. Makes me sick.

Slight over reaction???

I don't think so. In my time as a fan can't think of a worse squad or worse circumstances as we face now. Relegation next season is certain.

We knew the team and manager were shite last season and it was a real worry. Unfortunately we are having to continue with that same group, so how do people think we are going to progress. Ohhh yeah we have the bomb squad, Well good luck to Lambert, he will need it getting any sort of form out of them. As ive said he is a joker, total embarressment, If it was Lerners idea to utilise the bomb squad, Lambert should have laughed in his face and handed him his resignation, but then I would be proved wrong its not just about the money.

I do love the speculation, the supposed or real ITKs, the WUMs which all boils down down to the simple fact that I suspect very few people know what is going on. There will just be a magic circle of RL, PF, the rest of the Board and their advisors. I very much doubt PL know that much although I could see him being part of that circle as he had to trail all the way to the States last weekend.

I will share the little bit of ITK that I have heard. My other half works with a lady who is married to someone who works at the club in a semi senior position. He and all his colleagues think that Lambert went to the States meet the new owner and agree his new contract. I know who the person at the club is, in fact I see him at VP most match days although he does not know me. He categorically would not be privy to detailed information. The only reason I am posting it is that it suggests that those at the club know just as little as us.

Personally I think its rubbish and as I have said a few times I think there is no buyer lined up and we are at the early stages of a probably quite protracted sale process.

If there will be a new owner, it would be madness for them to retain Lambert. The moment that there were a few adverse results, then the supporters would be on Lambert's back, and the negativity would envelop the club.

Any change in ownership is not going to instantly turn the team into top-half fighters, so chances are this could happen, creating more turbulence.

New owner, new broom, new manager.

How's this for a bit of ITK....I was with an agent on Friday, an agent who looks after quite a few players including on of our own, he said PL said his goodbyes at the end of the season thinking he was leaving. Something has surely changed if true.

How's this for a bit of ITK....I was with an agent on Friday, an agent who looks after quite a few players including on of our own, he said PL said his goodbyes at the end of the season thinking he was leaving. Something has surely changed if true.

Staying till takeover? Very hard to read anything into that imo. Could be really anything.

Staying till takeover? Very hard to read anything into that imo. Could be really anything.

This might tie in with the rumours that a deal had been in place but had fallen through.

It fits in with us having buyers initially and then something happening to stop it. Whether that's them pulling out or that we received a better offer and are going through the motions. It could also be a load of crap before any one says so but I hope it's the 2nd option and all will be revealed shortly!

Still early days but when do you think it's fair to accept there will be no takeover and that we have to start backing Lambert and the team?

I've accepted it. Not looking forward to next season at all. At least we have the World Cup to enjoy.

This might tie in with the rumours that a deal had been in place but had fallen through.

What do you mean rumours? Mendi confirmed it already some time ago. Fact.

• Like 2

Still early days but when do you think it's fair to accept there will be no takeover and that we have to start backing Lambert and the team?

I've accepted it. Not looking forward to next season at all. At least we have the World Cup to enjoy.

The easiest thing is to just go with the minimum of expectations. If and when anything DOES happen, then its a huge bonus. As for Lambert and the team, I'll back them as long as they represent Aston Villa FC.

• Like 4

After the world cup - by that time, what we all fear [and secretly suspect] - no one is close to buying us - and I think Lerner will give Lambert the bare min to try and retain our premiership status - Of course the spanner in the works would be if Lambert goes to Celtic...

There is IMHO NO imminent buyer in the frame!!!! According to those that I think have a sense of the situation

"There is NO imminent buyer in the frame!!!!"

It may be "fun" to speculate and spout crap about this or that billionaire or another self proclaimed ITK or even whether the latest executive fancy boll o x jet to land at BHX is carrying our salvation, but for many it ****** isn't "fun".

I have read comments over the last few weeks from individuals who seem more interested in claiming the "scoop" rather than admitting they know SFA. FFS give it a rest!

Our club is in the shit and it's predicament has been turned into just another ****** online game.

Its just a distraction for a lot of very 'worried' supporters, though, Mike. Nobody is under any illusion as to the clubs predicament, but if we all sink into the same suicidal gloom we might as well log out and phone the Samaritans. I'm not taking any of the ITK stuff all that seriously, but at some point one of them are going to hit the nail right on the head, however fortuitously, so I'll just go along with it.

I was on the phone to the Samaritans last night. When I mentioned that I was going to throw myself under a bus because no one on VT had any positive news on the Villa takeover the girl on the phone ( also a Villa fan) offered to come & join me & told me a number 7 bus was due in 5 minutes. ;)

Good job the National Express buses never run on time around here isn't it? :P

Or is it? :(   :P

• Like 4

Ive just found out there was in fact one buyer around about 3 months ago who was interested. But eventually pulled out.

Not much, but still shows that RL has been on the lookout secretly for a while now. Just now he's gone public with it, it should hopefully attract a few more...

Ive just found out there was in fact one buyer around about 3 months ago who was interested. But eventually pulled out.

Not much, but still shows that RL has been on the lookout secretly for a while now. Just now he's gone public with it, it should hopefully attract a few more...

Catch up Kev! :D

• Like 1

Where'd you heard this? Even if true, it doesn't mean that deal haven't resumed since or we don't have new buyer. If it's true that Rich is buying us, it could be that Lerner called off the deal with original buyers to make a deal with Rich as he might trust him more with our club than people he doesn't know.

As I've said, I'll get worried if we don't have new owners or even official confirmation that we're being bought by the end of world cup.

Where'd you heard this? Even if true, it doesn't mean that deal haven't resumed since or we don't have new buyer. If it's true that Rich is buying us, it could be that Lerner called off the deal with original buyers to make a deal with Rich as he might trust him more with our club than people he doesn't know.

As I've said, I'll get worried if we don't have new owners or even official confirmation that we're being bought by the end of world cup.

Someone from inside the club. Doesn't like giving too much info though as it could cost them their job. Nothing to do with my bro though.

But no, I've heard since that there is no buyer and we are still looking.

Despite Randy looking to sell us for maybe around 2 years - maybe a rich billionaire will get up one morning in the next few weeks and think 'You know what I'm going to buy Aston Villa'  - or maybe not and we will plod along as before....

Someone from inside the club. Doesn't like giving too much info though as it could cost them their job. Nothing to do with my bro though.

But no, I've heard since that there is no buyer and we are still looking.

Cheers Kev.

This does link in with PL interview and the return of the bomb squad. I think it will be next summer when we benefit from new ownership. Lets hope we can survive the season.