$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

In terms of ITK ratings I don't really see how today changes things for Admin. Lambert leaving still seems very likely and I don't think Admin put a time line on it just that it was going to happen. Everyone else put two and two together and thought today would be the day.

Be interesting if Trent is willing to say Lambert will be our manager on 1st day of season then we really would have a proper ITK off. As far as I can tell only Trent only says what isnt going to happen rather than making any clear statements himself. Which is fair enough and probably a more reliable and sustainable way of passing on information.

The only person with his balls on the line today is Dinkleham on TBAR as he said the takeover would be announced on the stock exchange today. Which is as clear and testable a prediction as you can get.

Either way all the ITK is great fun, if a nightmare for work productivity.

Sure it will all turn out good in the end I'm relaxed on time-scales.

It's a pretty easy thing to say a manger is going to leave........one day.

Arsene Wenger is going to leave........one day.

IT's even easier to say that in the midst of a takeover too and then renege with the caveat of not naming the date of departure.  The thing is, Admin said Lambert had left. Trent immediately said he hadn't.

I know which one has the greater credibility in my eyes.

It may also be worth pointing out that he said Culverhouse and Karsa had been sacked when it seem that, thus far they were only suspended until today's sacking of Karsa. This is the story that gave him the reputation of being ITK, and it wasn't 100% correct.

I've said before, it's one thing knowing about bust ups on the training ground, it's something else when knowing about the inner-circle of the management and chairman.

Have a biscuit. 

Life long Villa fan living in Swansea (father an Aston boy).

Have beeen following this topic with a great deal of interest and am surprised that one name,as far as I can see, hasn't cropped up as a potential buyer of our great club,Robert Kraft,Although steeped in American Football, Craft and his family have a huge interest in Soccor,the family were very interest in buying Liverpool some years ago but it didn't transpire in the end. A name to conjour with,bet the pulses would be racing if he became our owner.

Hello :) Yes, Kraft has been suggested. 

Are you emmental!!  :puke:

In terms of ITK ratings I don't really see how today changes things for Admin. Lambert leaving still seems very likely and I don't think Admin put a time line on it just that it was going to happen. Everyone else put two and two together and thought today would be the day.

Be interesting if Trent is willing to say Lambert will be our manager on 1st day of season then we really would have a proper ITK off. As far as I can tell only Trent only says what isnt going to happen rather than making any clear statements himself. Which is fair enough and probably a more reliable and sustainable way of passing on information.

The only person with his balls on the line today is Dinkleham on TBAR as he said the takeover would be announced on the stock exchange today. Which is as clear and testable a prediction as you can get.

IT's even easier to say that in the midst of a takeover too and then renege with the caveat of not naming the date of departure.  The thing is, Admin said Lambert had left. Trent immediately said he hadn't.

It may also be worth pointing out that he said Culverhouse and Karsa had been sacked when it seem that, thus far they were only suspended until today's sacking of Karsa. This is the story that gave him the reputation of being ITK, and it wasn't 100% correct.

I've said before, it's one thing knowing about bust ups on the training ground, it's something else when knowing about the inner-circle of the management and chairman.

Have a biscuit. 

Tis' true also I am sure he said Lambert has gone, but I think TBAR have deleted the thread now! Disappointed, it is turning into a ITK twitter feed! :(

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

Life long Villa fan living in Swansea (father an Aston boy).

Have beeen following this topic with a great deal of interest and am surprised that one name,as far as I can see, hasn't cropped up as a potential buyer of our great club,Robert Kraft,Although steeped in American Football, Craft and his family have a huge interest in Soccor,the family were very interest in buying Liverpool some years ago but it didn't transpire in the end. A name to conjour with,bet the pulses would be racing if he became our owner.

Hello :) Yes, Kraft has been suggested. 

Are you emmental!!  :puke:

Uh oh.

Cometh the cheese puns.

abandon-thread-snail_zps0a99bf9e.gif

• Like 1

I don't get this fear of Lambert walking I really don't. We are not in Europe next season so no preparation is needed. Lambert has been a dead man walking for most of the season as his recent record would suggest and should that warrant any clamour at all to keep him? Look at our general performance level under him in the run in does that show that the players give a **** whether Lambert is at the club next season or are people still wanting to keep Lambert due to the continuity debate?

If he walks which he won't and should actually be sacked then Cowans I'm sure is more than capable to keep the club ticking over even into the start of next season until a buyer and then a new manager can be brought in who might even, shock horror get better performances out of the players Lambert has signed.

The concern is valid imo.

If Lambert goes and the takeover isn't 'imminent' then I for one would be very worried about next season.

To suggest Cowans could step into the breach for a whole season is a huge gamble. If it were a team full of Villa fans then fine, but it isn't and the players (possibly Gabby/Alby aside) wont give a flying **** if he is a Villa legend or not - there is nothing to suggest he could/would do a better job than Lambert.

The only way I could see it working would be if the club brought someone like Graham Taylor in to provide some guidance/support behind the scenes.

like him or not PL has kept us up for the past two seasons and with a bit more luck and a couple of decent players, I'd wager he is more than capable of doing the same next year.

Cowans would be a huge gamble and if it went wrong we would have nowhere to go (again assuming club still under RL control and seeking a buyer)

if Lambert walks/gets sacked with no new owner on the immediate horizon it would be a very worrying time.

also, just interested - what has not being in Europe got to do with new season prep? surely you have to plan/prepare for the PL?!

Have a biscuit. 

Tis' true also I am sure he said Lambert has gone, but I think TBAR have deleted the thread now! Disappointed, it is turning into a ITK twitter feed! :(

Yes it said that he had gone but they have deleted the thread now it has become apparent they were wrong. 

Anyone ready to admit they're isn't a buyer? Lamberts not gonna have talks and stay for the sake of 2 weeks or so

He's been given money, and knows he's staying probably for at least another season

The takeover won't happen for at least another 6 months in my mind. Of course this will be labelled as nonsense as it's not what people want to hearIf couro

There's nothing to admit to in the first place. We don't know if there is a buyer(s) or not.

We'd end up with someone worse than Lambert would we and how have you come to that conclusion. That is some assertion to make.

It would be very hard to attract managers under the current conditions. Who would want to come and manage the club after what it's been through with little investment and uncertainty surrounding the ownership?

That's more than a fair point but not the point you originally made which I questioned.

You asked how I came to that conclusion and I just explained it - we wouldn't be an attractive proposition to potential managers, even less so than in recent years.

Despite the fact that today isn't going to bring some big news we'd all been hoping for i wouldn't get to worried just yet as there is a lot of time left this summer.

I'm always rather stupidly optimistic when its comes to the 'next season', it's just how i feel about football. i get excited because anything could happen. We might get bought by a billionaire, we might not. We might sign some excellent players or we might not. We don't really know at this stage but i choose to remain optimistic rather than spend all summer worrying!

Perhaps if there's been no sale by August I'll get slightly concerned but until then i reserve my right to stay blindly optimistic (in these harsh times as a villa fan it's one of the few ways of staying in love with the game)

Cowans doesn't want the job, if you honestly think another manager will come in under the current predicament, you are deluding yourself.

Please read my post again. I'm not advocating a new man to come in under the present circumstances but someone to hold the fort until until we get a new owner and I'm sure if asked as a matter of urgency Cowans would step up.

Do you know for certain Cowans would step up? Fans who are close to Cowans has said he doesn't fancy being the boss. Have you seen the scenario that happened at Wolves and Nowich? Both employed coaches as the main man and both got relegated.

Cowans would not step up, infact Sid doesnt really like being involved with the 1st team full stop. He likes working on develepment players, he is not a fan of modern day footballers

• Like 1

Cowans doesn't want the job, if you honestly think another manager will come in under the current predicament, you are deluding yourself.

Please read my post again. I'm not advocating a new man to come in under the present circumstances but someone to hold the fort until until we get a new owner and I'm sure if asked as a matter of urgency Cowans would step up.

Do you know for certain Cowans would step up? Fans who are close to Cowans has said he doesn't fancy being the boss. Have you seen the scenario that happened at Wolves and Nowich? Both employed coaches as the main man and both got relegated.

No you are right. I don't know for sure. I'm basing my opinion on Cowans having claret and blue blood running through his veins and if called upon in an emergency just for an interim period then I would hope he would do it.

How did the new Swansea manager do? Was it not in the second half of the season that Wolves and Norwich employed those new managers when the damage was already done? One would hope that Cowans would only only be in the managerial position during the summer and if needed pre season before a new owner could be found.

Re TrentVilla. You could be right that it is a terrible idea to have Cowans as interim manager and I have no evidence to suggest otherwise but really my point is that I don't think Lambert walking or being sacked would be as damaging to the club as some might think.

A link between Baseball, The NYSE and Toronto could be Rogers Communicaitons who own The Toronto Blue Jays and the New England Sea Wolves. Not that I think the NYSE has anything to do with anything.

Edited by useless

I haven't been on TBAR for a few weeks, but even reading people talk about it is painful. An ITK who occasionally drops in to grace them with his profile pic of Morgan Freeman playing God, the obvious backtracking of ITKs, that cringeworthy 'have a biscuit' trend, the barrage of 'LOLS' when once person makes a funny and now the deleting of threads you say?

Jeez. I know we're all Villa fans and when it comes down to it, we all want Villa to do well. But... Jeez, it sounds like a forum full of 12 year olds.

Sorry OT...

Lerner, put an ad on Gumtree, see if any billionaires take notice while looking for a second hand Ford Focus.

No you are right. I don't know for sure. I'm basing my opinion on Cowans having claret and blue blood running through his veins and if called upon in an emergency just for an interim period then I would hope he would do it.

How did the new Swansea manager do? Was it not in the second half of the season that Wolves and Norwich employed those new managers when the damage was already done? One would hope that Cowans would only only be in the managerial position during the summer and if needed pre season before a new owner could be found.

Re TrentVilla. You could be right that it is a terrible idea to have Cowans as interim manager and I have no evidence to suggest otherwise but really my point is that I don't think Lambert walking or being sacked would be as damaging to the club as some might think.

He has a win % ratio worse than Paul Lambert with a much better team.  Is this really the basis to sack our manager and replace him with Cowans?

Come on, man...

• Like 1

At what stage would negotiations be at for dd to be underway? I'm pretty sure it would have to be fairly advanced as you can't just let every Tom, Dick & Harry come in and look at your books. Interesting that we had the Toronto connection a few weeks back and now this NY Law firm, perhaps one was to look at the actual assets and the other was to look a contracts, you can have clauses in contracts that mean staff can leave if the ownership changes so perhaps this was either (a) a completely new buyer or (B) the second phase of dd.

@ Gentleman

He did say he was gone but in another message also said he wasn't sure when this would be announced. I still don't think that is unlikely to happen.

@ StanBalaban -

Yes of course it is easy to say it will happen one day. I think Admin is saying it will happen soon and certainly in this close season. That is a definite statement we can test. Trent hasn't said anything that contradicts that.

So as I said right now they could both be in agreement as in "Lambert will be gone this summer" although they are putting out different statements about the current status of Lambert.

I just wanted to be clear on what I meant and I know this is talking about posters which will irk Trent among others but it is really about establishing the credibility of information we are hearing on the takeover.

And all in all I reckon that is still all pointing in the right direction.

I don't get this fear of Lambert walking I really don't. We are not in Europe next season so no preparation is needed. Lambert has been a dead man walking for most of the season as his recent record would suggest and should that warrant any clamour at all to keep him? Look at our general performance level under him in the run in does that show that the players give a **** whether Lambert is at the club next season or are people still wanting to keep Lambert due to the continuity debate?

If he walks which he won't and should actually be sacked then Cowans I'm sure is more than capable to keep the club ticking over even into the start of next season until a buyer and then a new manager can be brought in who might even, shock horror get better performances out of the players Lambert has signed.

The concern is valid imo.

If Lambert goes and the takeover isn't 'imminent' then I for one would be very worried about next season.

To suggest Cowans could step into the breach for a whole season is a huge gamble. If it were a team full of Villa fans then fine, but it isn't and the players (possibly Gabby/Alby aside) wont give a flying **** if he is a Villa legend or not - there is nothing to suggest he could/would do a better job than Lambert.

The only way I could see it working would be if the club brought someone like Graham Taylor in to provide some guidance/support behind the scenes.

like him or not PL has kept us up for the past two seasons and with a bit more luck and a couple of decent players, I'd wager he is more than capable of doing the same next year.

Cowans would be a huge gamble and if it went wrong we would have nowhere to go (again assuming club still under RL control and seeking a buyer)

if Lambert walks/gets sacked with no new owner on the immediate horizon it would be a very worrying time.

also, just interested - what has not being in Europe got to do with new season prep? surely you have to plan/prepare for the PL?!

I haven't suggested Cowans being our manager for the whole season. I have suggested him as an interim manager throughout the summer and pre-season and at the start of the season if needed which hopefully by that time new owners will be in place to bring their own man in. I do agree though that it would be much more of a gamble to have Cowans as manager for the whole season but that's not what I'm putting forward.

If we had qualified for the Europa League then as you know players would have had to come back earlier.

Just noticed we have put a full page advert in the metro saying how great we are.

We are touting for business...

Yes on the Guardian's football weekly podcast, Barry mentioned that the press had been given a glossy booklet extolling the virtues of AVFC - Michael Owen-eske 

@ Gentleman

He did say he was gone but in another message also said he wasn't sure when this would be announced. I still don't think that is unlikely to happen.

@ StanBalaban -

Yes of course it is easy to say it will happen one day. I think Admin is saying it will happen soon and certainly in this close season. That is a definite statement we can test. Trent hasn't said anything that contradicts that.

So as I said right now they could both be in agreement as in "Lambert will be gone this summer" although they are putting out different statements about the current status of Lambert.

I just wanted to be clear on what I meant and I know this is talking about posters which will irk Trent among others but it is really about establishing the credibility of information we are hearing on the takeover.

And all in all I reckon that is still all pointing in the right direction.

The key is the use of the past tense - Paul Lambert has gone. To which Trent said clearly that he hadn't. It was even the name of the thread

Paul Lambert gone, Admin confirms

BTW, read that page if you want a chuckle.

(Slightly OT so I apologise)

• Like 1