$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

From Hippo on the PL thread:

He will be leave Aston Villa over the next few days. He had originally hoped to stick around and meet the new owners. But any takeover is a million miles away [Autumn at the very earliest].

A sign of how bad things are, don't think Faulkner and Lambert are to be locked in with Lerner for hours of talks, they have this afternoon and then the rest of the time is with Randy's legal people. 

Imagine a worst case scenario for Aston Villa and you will be pretty close to the Mark

If true then relegation beckons.

Chelsea compliance without the debt is my point debt + purchase price = less then sale price therefore owner doesn't lose out.

As for Man City's sanction they have been sanctioned because UEFA believes that their sponsorship is fraudulent which is laughable as Utd's training kit deal is just 15m a year less.

As I mentioned previously their is external interests for the two owners in question but the motives aren't as you make out.

Forbes values Chelsea at under 600m. Abramovich has spent more than 1 billion on the club. If he sells, he loses money overall.

Even if they run in a debt free manner for the next 10 years and the value keeps going up and up at an amazing rate and he actually somehow manages to make a small profit (which is highly unlikely), it would still be the worst return on investment imaginable.

If you want to make money off a football team, you do a Glazer, not a Mansour or Abramovic. If Villa is worth 200m, we would need to become as successful as Chelsea over a decade or more on a net owner spend of under 400m for an investor to even have a chance of breaking even. Football is a very high risk investment, with a very low potential return on investment. If you think that is good from a purely financial perspective, I've got some magic beans you might like.

As for the Man City/Man Utd comparison, it isn't surprising that Man Utd get so much for training kit sponsorship. Man Utd are one of the world's biggest brands, Man City are not. You are paying for your association with the brand and the ability to use them in your worldwide marketing campaigns, not just to have your name on their training kit.

Still stand by what I said and Chelsea's loss it700 m also Forbes valuation of the club is off.

Magic beans please

You forget that if they break even on this endeavour they still earn money through their other interests connected to the club

Effectively correct? We barely know anything so how can you come to that conclusion (or indeed others coming to the conclusion that we're pretty much sold)?

Effectivley correct - I think

Yes I know, I just don't know how you can be so sure and how others can be so sure that a takeover will happen so. There's so much conflicting information yet at the same time very little concrete information.

He will be leave Aston Villa over the next few days. He had originally hoped to stick around and meet the new owners. But any takeover is a million miles away [Autumn at the very earliest].

A sign of how bad things are, don't think Faulkner and Lambert are to be locked in with Lerner for hours of talks, they have this afternoon and then the rest of the time is with Randy's legal people. 

Imagine a worst case scenario for Aston Villa and you will be pretty close to the Mark

Thinks might look a bit shit for a few weeks, but I am sure it will all turn out fine. I'll panic if we are in the same situation come the end of June. 

It certainly sounds very plausible to me.  I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Conjecture, wishful thinking and a desperate need to cling onto the merest snippet of info.....ITK or not.

I think we will all probably need counselling by the end :wacko:

• Like 1

I'm more shocked at the news that something interesting was said in the 'Paul Lambert' thread. 

• Like 1

There has been a lot of people putting forward what they've been told which is great to read....but this one I'd put in the total rubbish pile to be honest.

(Only for it to then become true!)

I wouldn't read Lamberts resignation that a buyer is in the pipeline though

Lambert knows (finally) like all fans know, that if we go into next season with the same squad we will be relegated.

A few possible scenarios...

A. He quits, meaning Lerner has said no money i’m trying to sell us.

B. He stays, no money we’re foooked.

C. He is sacked, new owner is closer than anyone thinks (doubtful)

Unfortunately i don’t think we’re massively down the line of finalising a deal to sell the club, ITK’s can spout all they like but its going to take some time, just hopefully before the end of August.

• Like 1

Thinks might look a bit shit for a few weeks, but I am sure it will all turn out fine. I'll panic if we are in the same situation come the end of June. 

This is kind of where I am at at the moment, I would even go as far as mid July before I start to go in to full panic mode. I am hopeful that we will have some news before then, but these things take time and we need to be patient. I must admit that I am one of the worse though, and I'm on here every 10 minutes looking for news even though I know nothing much is likely to have happened since I last looked. I need to stop, and get on with some work, but can't help it.

There was story on the sun website last night, that Lambert might tell Lerner that he's leaving. You can't read the whole thing though because it's paywalled. Although the article is credited to 'staff writer' so I don't know.

Going on Hippo's posts it sounds like he has a line into Lambert but not much insight beyond that.

He said the following comment just days before Randy said the exact opposite. I would take Lambert leaving as a very good sign that something will happen sooner than Autumn. Surely if you wanted to continue to run it on a shoestring then you would keep Lambert in place.

No point going through another "transition" if you don't have any money to spend.

Posted by hippo on 06 May 2014 - 01:32 PM in Villa Talk

This takeover either isn't happening, or is the best secret Randy has ever kept. I really wouldn't get your hopes up for anything other than a reaffirmation of Randy's committment to the club and a new manager.

Edited by villaglint

Still stand by what I said and Chelsea's loss it700 m also Forbes valuation of the club is off.

Magic beans please

You forget that if they break even on this endeavour they still earn money through their other interests connected to the club

Why don't you buy Villa then? Am sure one of the financial institutions out there would love to lend you the money given the amazing potential of the business. You could further persuade them with your facts and knowledge of brand values. 

• Like 1

We'll end with a sh*t owner anyway i bet.

Give it a couple of months or so with the club in limbo (possibility with no permanent manager, no new signings & fan unrest) he'll be so desperate for a buyer that he will take the 1st offer coming, which based on the ratio of great owners to shit ones doesnt look great for us.

Potential buyers will know this, which is why they wont just jump in with a bid. We could get a right chancer taking over the villa.

• Like 1

It's simple: The club is valued at 200 million. So we do a Glazer and borrow 1,999,900 against the value of the club, I chuck in two hundred of my own hard-earned and we start the season with the manager of our choice (okay, my choice) and a nice little hundred pound transfer kitty. Who is with me?