$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

ok, so who can explain how we arrived at Harris-Blitzer & consortium buying us?

I gathered they were trying to buy Charlton.

and that they bought Phill 76'ers and New Jersey Devils and made them better.

but what links them to us?

As long as we have people who know a shit load more about football, and running a Premier League club, than Faulkner and Lerner i'll be happy. We all would love to be like Man City but I just want to see good football and maybe once in a while challenge for a cup. Not play hoofball and consistently get battered by League One teams.

• Like 1

Ellison is better than nothing but I'm hoping it ain't him, he's 70 and people forget most of his money is tied up in charity's and lets face it a few billion in the world of football ain't a great deal if you want to play with the big boys

The 5th richest man in the world can't play with the big boys?

No. Bill Gates or bust.

That's what it seems. If you can't be happy with the 5th richest man in the world I'm pretty sure the guy who ends up buying us is going to be a let down.

As long as we have people who know a shit load more about football, and running a Premier League club, than Faulkner and Lerner i'll be happy. We all would love to be like Man City but I just want to see good football and maybe once in a while challenge for a cup. Not play hoofball and consistently get battered by League One teams.

This.

Lerner is awful!! We don't need mega bucks to be a decent team again.

Just some idea of the type of time-scales we are talking 

AFI announced their takeover of Leicester City Football Club in August 2010, ahead of being ratified by the Football League in October. 

Now where are we in the process ? - BOA might have a few potential purchasers in mind ? - I really fear the worst about this 

AFI announced their takeover of Leicester City Football Club in August 2010, ahead of being ratified by the Football League in October. 

Now where are we in the process ? - BOA might have a few potential purchasers in mind ? - I really fear the worst about this 

Don't you fear the worst about everything though? :P

It all depends on the individual situation to be honest. Could take weeks or could take months, we just don't know.

If the season starts and we aren't taken over surely that then puts off potential buyers. Will new owners want to purchase a team that could well be relegated and not have the chance to properly improve the squad to prevent it?

It can happen much faster than that, the thai guy at man city was being investigated and he sold to the arabs quicker than you would imagine possible.

He only owned them for a year!

If we get someone who wants to buy us, has the money and is serious about it, it can all go very quick and smooth. 

• Like 1

If the season starts and we aren't taken over surely that then puts off potential buyers. Will new owners want to purchase a team that could well be relegated and not have the chance to properly improve the squad to prevent it?

Bit like a game of poker - someone said Charlton were being sold for £16m - so just think of the hit Randy would take if we did get relegated ? 

Bit like a game of poker - someone said Charlton were being sold for £16m - so just think of the hit Randy would take if we did get relegated ? 

Doesn't work like that. The value of the club would go down but it wouldn't drop anywhere near that low.

Ellison is better than nothing but I'm hoping it ain't him, he's 70 and people forget most of his money is tied up in charity's and lets face it a few billion in the world of football ain't a great deal if you want to play with the big boys

1378095315_laughter.gif

• Like 4

Yeah he's worth around 50 billion ain't 95% of the tied up into charity's? If so that leaves him a few billion, how much of that few bill do you think would come our way? . Lets face it the money Villa need to return to former glory and catch up with the top 4 or 5 teams would be massive amounts, then you have the age factor 70 years of age how long would Villa play a part in his life?.

Realistically it makes no sense for a man like Ellison to buy Villa.

• Like 1

1378095315_laughter.gif

Lol let's see what happens :)

Doesn't work like that. The value of the club would go down but it wouldn't drop anywhere near that low.

I realise it wouldn't be £16m ! - but surley it would fall to under £100m...

Yeah he's worth around 50 billion ain't 95% of the tied up into charity's? If so that leaves him a few billion, how much of that few bill do you think would come our way? . Lets face it the money Villa need to return to former glory and catch up with the top 4 or 5 teams would be massive amounts, then you have the age factor 70 years of age how long would Villa play a part in his life?.

Realistically it makes no sense for a man like Ellison to buy Villa.

"Realistically" it makes no sense for Ellison or any other billionaire to buy AVFC or the vast majority of European football clubs.

It has nothing to do with "realism".

It is all about kudos, ego, biggest bollox etc etc etc

A bit like most discussions on VT ;-)

• Like 3

Lots of people made good money on Houllier but lots of people lost money on OGS!

Yeah but that was very very close though. I remember the odds plummeted from 25/1 to something like 2/1 in about an hour because tons of people (myself included) on here were chucking money on him.

Ah the good old days.  I remember being so gutted that we didn't get OGS and got PL.  Looking at it now seems we could've done without either of them.

OGS would have won me several thousand pounds.

The fact that PL's odds went right out and I laid off on him ensured that I didn't lose money.

I reckon that if I had won the several thousand, I would have witnessed more home victories these last two seasons so, on balance, OGS would have been the best pick!