$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Power of the internet.......

What it does demonstrate is that we will get wind of our new owner long before any announcement or newspaper article - personally I don't think it is JH - But I hope it is - I want it sorted ....now [stamps feet]

There's a big difference between spending 18 Million on Charlton and 200 Million on VIlla. I doubt he pulled out of that deal in order to buy us, but you never know I guess.

Is owning two professional clubs even legal?

Yea, but they can't play each other (unless its a friendly).

What it does demonstrate is that we will get wind of our new owner long before any announcement or newspaper article - personally I don't think it is JH - But I hope it is - I want it sorted ....now [stamps feet]

I keep thinking there will be twists and turns, I also think it'll end up with good times for us. Just a little longer and we can put the shit behind us.

(I hope!)

There's a big difference between spending 18 Million on Charlton and 200 Million on VIlla. I doubt he pulled out of that deal in order to buy us, but you never know I guess.

There aren't any other Championship clubs up for sale are there?

a slight aside .....£18m for Charlton - what would we worth if we got relegated ?  £70m ?  - Lerner must be shitting himself.....

• Like 1

I remember when MM told us all about Darren Bent via PM.  Would tell anyone who would listen that it was going to happen and they thought I was bat shit cra'y.  My housemate spent his whole day off from work trying to find a bookie who would take a bet on him being our next signing.  None of them would take it.

Yes, look at the guy who owns Charlton.

I keep thinking there will be twists and turns, I also think it'll end up with good times for us. Just a little longer and we can put the shit behind us.

(I hope!)

I think it will be a while longer - If its all going through as the season starts I will be pleased. I fear for us next season without new recruits....

I meant owning two professional clubs in the same country, sorry.

I remember when MM told us all about Darren Bent via PM.  Would tell anyone who would listen that it was going to happen and they thought I was bat shit cra'y.  My housemate spent his whole day off from work trying to find a bookie who would take a bet on him being our next signing.  None of them would take it.

Don't think I got that PM, although I do remember some ITKs coming on here and talking of a "meltdown" signing, so when it happened I wasn't that surprised.

Edited by Mantis

There aren't any other Championship clubs up for sale are there?

It isn't just him on his own though, he and his business partner led consortiums to buy their current two teams which combined cost upwards of £500m+. £18m on Charlton would have been just the start, they'd need a great deal more investment in terms of infrastructure, stadium and so on.

• Like 1

I meant owning two professional clubs in the same country, sorry.

No its not allowed but due to FA rules rather than legality,

The closest we have is Mike Ashley who also has a sizeable shareholding in Rangers I believe.

(I hope!)

I think it will be a while longer - If its all going through as the season starts I will be pleased. I fear for us next season without new recruits....

I'm not at all worried, and I started the relegation thread last October.

He didn't actually buy Charlton in the end. All I'm saying I doubt he turned that down to by VIlla given the massive differences in cost.

(I hope!)

I'm starting to get a little worried. But then I started a relegation thread after Lamberts first game in charge.

• Like 1

(I hope!)

I'm starting to get a little worried. But then I started a relegation thread after Lamberts first game in charge.

Haha... Honestly though, I know we as fans have had the confidence knocked out of us, but this is something we shouldn't worry about. Understandable though!

And just to put another spin on things, there is more Ellison talk on Twitter

I wish this would just die once and for all. It's not going to happen.

Just waiting on Matt Law's next article now, whether it is to do with us or not I want to know why on earth he contacted the Sixers.

• Like 1