$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The idea of finding out what Lerner has for pudding is an excellent one.

Sticky toffee pudding with fudge sauce and vanilla ice cream means Lambert's a goner and the takeover's on. Don't ask me why, it's just a feeling.

Really - I take it were in a sticky situation - and it could get messy [were off!]

Ohhhhh - "Only parties of 8 can reserve a table" !!!!!!

Come On VT we have 5 mystery guests to find ? - and the mystery is solved

Lerner

Lambert

Lord Lucan

Faulkner

David Beckham

Jimmy Hoffa

Kwan

MM

Lord Lucan might be seen at more home games .........

• Like 1

From TBAR

marcxc1983 wrote:well, to try and sound as convincing as possible I wrote it out before hand what I was going to say. I rang late, us east coast time, as the place was closing so that whoever I spoke to would just want to answer and get off home icon_smile.gif

I said "good evening (had to make believe I was in the same time zone at least), I am Anthony Russell and I am Personal Assistant to Mr Paul Faulkner of a Aston Villa Football Club" to which the young lady replied "yes sir, how can I help you" no, "who" or anything like that so promising straight away. Anyway, I said "I am currently arranging transport to your establishment on Friday afternoon/evening for Mr Faulkner who is due for a dinner meeting with Mr Lerner and his representatives, I was wondering if you could please confirm your zip code as I do not have it in the paperwork I have." Now, if the place is 'closed' Friday then she should've said "We are not open" or something to that effect.

She replied "hang on one moment please", a touch of background music followed and I was SURE I'd been rumbled! She came back after about 3 minutes and said "do you have a pen Mr Russell? it is NY 11930, do you have the code for the parking lot?, I said "I do not but we have a driver bringing us so I'm sure he will be able to help."

That was that then, by this time my heart was doing ten to the dozen! Super sleuth indeed :)I didn't want to push my luck with any more info but then after I thought I should have because she had already given me the info I needed so I couldn't lose, but guys it's 100% them going   "

worrylingly this shows what an Amatuer Lerner is - He wants to keep things quiet - yet a phone call confirms all !

How amateur Lerner is? I must have read it wrong did he give out the details? Lerner has made plenty of mistakes giving out a postcode isn't time of them! A lot of people want this done and dusted yesterday but I'd rather wait and get the right buyer rather than the first buyer and I'd say Lerner will be trying his hardest to do just that and when he's gone I'll not just remember the last few seasons but look at his reign as a whole which is one were we never quite got CL and never quite got relegated and I've had some great times and some awful.

"My cousin works for John Lewis, but I don't know whether he's ever met Mr Lewis in person. I could ask him, I suppose?" 

I have been in touch with Randy following your suggestion Rob. His value for the club is a tad high for me at the moment and he has told me he has never knowingly undersold any club he has owned but I have stressed it is essential we sell to the right buyer quickly! :D  

But wait, I see a boom gate. Am I too late with this information? Can you make the pic bigger so we can count the chairs in the windows?

**BREAKING NEWS** I can confirm there are more than 3 chairs set out in that restaurant.

Dale Stephens, Jermain Defoe and Kwan.

So rather than have a meeting somewhere quite like at his house, he has closed his restaurant immediately flagging it up so he, Lambert & Faulkner can meet the prospective new owners..

Couldnt it just be a case of having a meal with two employees and saying a big thanks.......and nothing else.

Ohhhhh - "Only parties of 8 can reserve a table" !!!!!!

Come On VT we have 5 mystery guests to find ? - and the mystery is solved

Lerner

Lambert

Lord Lucan

Faulkner

David Beckham

Jimmy Hoffa

Kwan

MM

Lord Lucan might be seen at more home games .........

Get Lucan off there and glastonspur in there after Spurs um, stopped doing so well

From TBAR

marcxc1983 wrote:well, to try and sound as convincing as possible I wrote it out before hand what I was going to say. I rang late, us east coast time, as the place was closing so that whoever I spoke to would just want to answer and get off home icon_smile.gif

I said "good evening (had to make believe I was in the same time zone at least), I am Anthony Russell and I am Personal Assistant to Mr Paul Faulkner of a Aston Villa Football Club" to which the young lady replied "yes sir, how can I help you" no, "who" or anything like that so promising straight away. Anyway, I said "I am currently arranging transport to your establishment on Friday afternoon/evening for Mr Faulkner who is due for a dinner meeting with Mr Lerner and his representatives, I was wondering if you could please confirm your zip code as I do not have it in the paperwork I have." Now, if the place is 'closed' Friday then she should've said "We are not open" or something to that effect.

She replied "hang on one moment please", a touch of background music followed and I was SURE I'd been rumbled! She came back after about 3 minutes and said "do you have a pen Mr Russell? it is NY 11930, do you have the code for the parking lot?, I said "I do not but we have a driver bringing us so I'm sure he will be able to help."

That was that then, by this time my heart was doing ten to the dozen! Super sleuth indeed :)I didn't want to push my luck with any more info but then after I thought I should have because she had already given me the info I needed so I couldn't lose, but guys it's 100% them going   "

worrylingly this shows what an Amatuer Lerner is - He wants to keep things quiet - yet a phone call confirms all !

How amateur Lerner is? I must have read it wrong did he give out the details? Lerner has made plenty of mistakes giving out a postcode isn't time of them! A lot of people want this done and dusted yesterday but I'd rather wait and get the right buyer rather than the first buyer and I'd say Lerner will be trying his hardest to do just that and when he's gone I'll not just remember the last few seasons but look at his reign as a whole which is one were we never quite got CL and never quite got relegated and I've had some great times and some awful.

Postcode gate aside....

I feel the next few months are going to taint the record of Lerners ownership - I am not ITK - but in terms of club mismanagement ...'you ain't seen nothing yet'    [All IMO of course]